The most annoying thing about the HIP HOP culture

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Jei » Mon May 09, 2005 9:31 pm

*shrug* yep, I guess it just boils down to having different tastes. =]

Makes for a good debating topic however. <3
Jei
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Stabfase » Mon May 09, 2005 9:31 pm

word dizzle my nizzle fo shizzle
Stabfase
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Location: billywitchdoctor.com. One Convenient Locations. In Africa.

Postby Tadpole » Mon May 09, 2005 9:40 pm

have secks with me maffew
Tadpole
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Diekan » Mon May 09, 2005 9:52 pm

i been had dat job at macdonalds... bitch where you is?
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Ironfang » Tue May 10, 2005 7:57 am

Well this was really about the abuse/objectification of women in the rap/hip hop culture, not on how bad I think their music is.

I have NO clue how any woman can listen to that shit and be willing to be treated that way. This is not an attack on how silly I think Ralphmacchio or others in the hip hop culture sound, I am not part of that crowd and never will be.

As to the "quality" of the music, I will only comment that sampling is the sign that someone has ZERO talent. Real musicians make their own music, end of story. Sure, many artists will cover songs/bands that they like once in a while, but tell me when was the last time you hear a great band steal the music in their song over and over?

That use of music might be licensed now, but I recall the many lawsuits that shitty rap acts got nailed with for their own lack of creativity in a sound. Just because you like a sound does not make it right to base your entire recording around it. Take a look at Vanilla Ice when you see what happens from using a Queen/Bowie song and you have no personal talent to speak of.
Ironfang
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby The Kizzy » Tue May 10, 2005 8:32 am

Let me axe you a question
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Tue May 10, 2005 8:37 am

But in all seriousness, Rap is nothing more than top 40 pop wanna bes anymore. The real rappers like Run DMC, and many others I can't think of at the moment should be ashamed for the crap that their music has evolved into.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Tue May 10, 2005 9:49 am

Beelz wrote:Sorry about that, add a comma between the word now and the word and, then the sentence should be gramatically correct to the best of my knowledge. English is my worst course so that probably isn't saying much. Let me rephrase.

I'm gonna laugh when how they dress, act, dance and sing is as cool as Vanilla Ice is now. These Hip-Hoppers will be sitting at home eating their Hagen Daas talkin about how bad they were ten years ago. Their kids will tell them to shut up and stay indoors to avoid further humiliation.

*P.S. Vanilla Ice is a joke*

fool... vanilla kept is real yo!
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue May 10, 2005 10:24 am

I was in Krauzers the other day (like 7/11 or Wawa) getting a BLT and while I was up at the food counter this black guy was standing next to me barking into his cell phone, "you my womenz and I tell you where you gonna go tonight and you gonna go".

This guy was totally freaking out. So...I casually move away from the deli counter after making my order and I make my way to the rear of the store to get a gallon of milk (1%). While I am getting my milk, I notice a very fat, black women barking into her cell phone at the back of the store. It took me about 20 seconds to realize that she was talking to the guy at the deli counter...

...they were on opposite sides of the same store...yelling at each other...on the cell phone.

...Oh and that cell phone probably cost $400.00, their monthly payments are probably $200.00 and when the guy went to the counter to pay for his steak and cheese he tried to pay with food stamps....but....he got denied because the store owner doesn't take food stamps for deli food and the guy TOTALLY flipped out, I think I may of even heard the phrase, "this place is racist!".

Go figure ~
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Tue May 10, 2005 12:39 pm

lol great store. Action, suspense, food stamps, silly negras... can't axe fo much mo.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue May 10, 2005 1:10 pm

But holy shit...the steak and cheeses, BLT's and Bacon egg and cheese's are not to be trifled with.

And it's a weird store because it is right smack on the border of one of the richest towns in connecticut and one of the poorest towns in connecticut, so at any given time the store is jam packed with people who are on totally opposite poles of the socio-economic spectrum.

And most of the white people are generally pretty scared.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Tue May 10, 2005 2:18 pm

Black people are like dogs when it comes to their behavior. If you show any fear they pick up on it and exploit it. But if you don't they are quick to put their tale between their legs and run away.

I noticed it is a common thing for black guys to stare me down when walking or passing by them. I always look them straight in the eye and ask them "whats going on?" or "hows it going?" etc etc. They always turn their eyes away and mumble some jibberish and just keep walking. They don't like to be confronted. It's pretty comical really.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue May 10, 2005 2:28 pm

For once he's not bullshitting and is right.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: k

Postby kaharthemad » Tue May 10, 2005 3:02 pm

Jei wrote:I say...

Please tell me what talent a rapper utilizes. They don't play instruments, and they don't even sing..

Hey you know how long it takes to study DR. Suess? I mean that guy was the bomb...or whatever the fuck the phrase is this day.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue May 10, 2005 4:25 pm

As much as we probably hate to admit it, rappers are our modern day poets plain and simple.

If you don't think it's hard to rap, try it.

It's like thinking you can write the greatest novel ever then sitting down and staring at a blank piece of paper until you finally give up.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Tue May 10, 2005 4:34 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:As much as we probably hate to admit it, rappers are our modern day poets plain and simple.

If you don't think it's hard to rap, try it.

It's like thinking you can write the greatest novel ever then sitting down and staring at a blank piece of paper until you finally give up.

:rofl:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Lol

Postby Almegest Victory » Tue May 10, 2005 4:37 pm

Ralf, I'm gonna agree with you on some of the things you said. However, to categorize black people with dogs, when it comes to their behavior is very stereotypical and boardline racist. I'll agree with you on:

ralfmacchio wrote:I noticed it is a common thing for black guys to stare me down when walking or passing by them. I always look them straight in the eye and ask them "whats going on?" or "hows it going?" etc etc

I'm not gonna bullshit with you and I'm not gonna justify that persons actions. I will say though, you don't know how their day has gone and that particular time, they could have been looking to take their frustration out on you. In all seriousness, alot of people have a tough guy syndrome, where they think they own the neighborhood they live in and it's not just black people, because what I've seen in my extremely close to 21 years of life on this planet is that everyone with talent between their legs goes through a billybadass phase...I'm saying, it's all over...not just labeled as black people.

ralfmacchio wrote:They don't like to be confronted. It's pretty comical really.

I just wanna comment on this quote, because I'm black/white/cherokee (American). I don't stare people down, talk jibberish and walk away, but I like the adrenaline rush from confrontation. (Meaning, I don't talk shit without a reason)

The people you've ran into are probably ignorant or are just having a bad day and don't know how to handle stress.

So to end my post so I can get off the damn internet and get some things done around my house...You can't judge a book by it's cover and you can't say that "staring" is just a black thing. Caucasion, Asian, African American, Hispanic and all other types of persuasions :wink: do the stare down, but usually won't do anything without their homies. It's universal...

just my 2cp
[90 Ashenhand] Almegest Victory<Valorguard>
[85 Juggernaut] Eviscerate<Valorguard>
[80 Arch Animist] Pneumatic Device
[75 Shadowblade] Hundular Rocsolid
[50 Shadow Knight] Yiumadzeni Frenzy
[49 Wizard] Superlative Auras
-----retired----
[56 Templar] Allanh Soultaker
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Martrae » Tue May 10, 2005 4:52 pm

Come back when that almost 21 is almost 31.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Superiority Complex derived from age. I love it!

Postby Almegest Victory » Tue May 10, 2005 5:10 pm

[font=Tahoma]:umno:

Okay, so what you're telling me is that half the people who post here "aren't" real adults, because they aren't "almost 31" and that you have to be a certain age to have a decent take on emotions, actions or any revelations that you or someone else might have? Don't kid yourself. :rofl:

When age becomes a stipulation of the Nameless Tavern, I'll go away. Until that day, please climb down from your over the hill high horse.

Dysfunctional people have a good grasp on the world around them.

Martrae wrote:Come back when that almost 21 is almost 31.
[/font]
I doubt the Nameless Tavern message boards will be in my daily routine when I'm 31. :boots: :lol:
-----retired----
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Martrae » Tue May 10, 2005 5:31 pm

No, I'm saying that by the time you are almost 31 you'll see that most things you thought were true aren't.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Almegest Victory » Tue May 10, 2005 5:39 pm

Ahhhh, I'm gonna need an example though sweetie.
-----retired----
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Harrison » Tue May 10, 2005 5:59 pm

No, only the faggots in the projects will come up to you looking all menacing and when you say "What's up" to them first they usually walk away with a nod. Most of the time they'll come up to you as a group and ask something stupid like "do you have a butt?" (cigarette for those of you behind on slang)

I take this as a test to see if you're chickenshit or not, I tell them I don't smoke...end of story.

If I was a bitch I would have crossed the street to avoid the gathering of porchmonkies in front of the projects...probably resulting in me getting jumped at least once by now...Ralf's estimation is correct in that sense that they're like dogs.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue May 10, 2005 6:11 pm

No, only the faggots in the projects will come up to you looking all menacing and when you say "What's up" to them first they usually walk away with a nod. Most of the time they'll come up to you as a group and ask something stupid like "do you have a butt?" (cigarette for those of you behind on slang)

I take this as a test to see if you're chickenshit or not, I tell them I don't smoke...end of story.

If I was a bitch I would have crossed the street to avoid the gathering of porchmonkies in front of the projects...probably resulting in me getting jumped at least once by now...Ralf's estimation is correct in that sense that they're like dogs.

Sounds like you need to move.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Lol

Postby Captain Insano » Tue May 10, 2005 8:03 pm

Almegest Victory wrote:Ralf, I'm gonna agree with you on some of the things you said. However, to categorize black people with dogs, when it comes to their behavior is very stereotypical and boardline racist. I'll agree with you on:

ralfmacchio wrote:I noticed it is a common thing for black guys to stare me down when walking or passing by them. I always look them straight in the eye and ask them "whats going on?" or "hows it going?" etc etc

I'm not gonna bullshit with you and I'm not gonna justify that persons actions. I will say though, you don't know how their day has gone and that particular time, they could have been looking to take their frustration out on you. In all seriousness, alot of people have a tough guy syndrome, where they think they own the neighborhood they live in and it's not just black people, because what I've seen in my extremely close to 21 years of life on this planet is that everyone with talent between their legs goes through a billybadass phase...I'm saying, it's all over...not just labeled as black people.

ralfmacchio wrote:They don't like to be confronted. It's pretty comical really.

I just wanna comment on this quote, because I'm black/white/cherokee (American). I don't stare people down, talk jibberish and walk away, but I like the adrenaline rush from confrontation. (Meaning, I don't talk shit without a reason)

The people you've ran into are probably ignorant or are just having a bad day and don't know how to handle stress.

So to end my post so I can get off the damn internet and get some things done around my house...You can't judge a book by it's cover and you can't say that "staring" is just a black thing. Caucasion, Asian, African American, Hispanic and all other types of persuasions :wink: do the stare down, but usually won't do anything without their homies. It's universal...

just my 2cp

I'd say your post is pretty valid.. Most of the time I am usually much a belligerent asshole on these boards, in the name of humor of course. As far as racism goes.... I'm not racist I would say, but I also don't give into the PC bullshit that is current American culture.

If Chris Rock can make jokes using the words nigger, honky, spic etc etc I can too. If that pisses people off I really don't care, fuck em.

I also do believe that stereotypes have some validity. If a trait wasn't noticed in a majority of a group of people by another group of people then it probably wouldn't become a mainstream stereotype now would it?

In my experience... The vast majority of black males I have met are all wannabe thugged out faux-gangsters. They are loud, and outwardly faux-aggressive. Man of these clowns grew up in the suberbs in houses bigger than mine. I have also found that the minute their authority is challenged they back down real quick, unless they have a lot of friends around.

I would say the difference between me and a racist is that I recognize these behavorial traits in groups of people... but what I don't do is judge them all by those observations. I give everyone a fair, first and sometimes second shot.... If they turn out to be shitheads I treat them as such or dissassociate myselves with them altogether.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue May 10, 2005 8:29 pm

Man I want a steak and cheese, I lost my fucking atm card and have no cash on me.

Oh the humanity!
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Flames