Is

Need answers? He's got 'em!

Moderator: Tossica

Postby 10sun » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:41 am

Gaazy wrote:Mom does hospice nursing now, and before that was an ICU nurse in an open heart surgery recovery unit for 15 years. She could tell you how much dirty work the nurses do. All I ever hear is pretty much a hospital is only as good as its nurses.

She was telling me they had 2 AIDs patients that were getting ready to die she was taking care of this past weekend. Id be too paranoid to take care of them. One slip of a needle and it could be over :(

I really dont know how she does that job to be honest. Since it is strictly a hospice care clinic, its just people dieing all the time. It would get to my head pretty damn fast, takes a special person to do that job I guess

Your mother is an angel of mercy.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby ClakarEQ » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:20 pm

Don't the male nurses get to bang the comatose hotties too :) or was that only in Kill Bill ?

Seriously though, nursing and Dr's are a real shortage in the states. In the next few years as the baby boomer start dieing off, folks that specialize in home care and such are going to be making big bucks. I hear Alzheimer's is exploding along with the baby boomers aging.

I better make some pharmaceutical investments. What company makes the best Alz' drugs?
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Previous

Return to Ask Tossica!