Dear Tossica...

Need answers? He's got 'em!

Moderator: Tossica

Dear Tossica...

Postby Gargamellow » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:10 pm

I was thinking about letting my kid have a mohawk. Do you think it made you a party animal???
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:40 pm

Mowhawks on kids looks very trailer-trashy... I'd have to advise against it. Unless of course you don't mind being looked at in a negative way by your neighbors and being laughed at behind your back.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:44 pm

Narrock wrote:Mowhawks on kids looks very trailer-trashy... I'd have to advise against it. Unless of course you don't mind being looked at in a negative way by your neighbors and being laughed at behind your back.

Nice setup Mindia but that one's too easy.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Jay wrote:
Narrock wrote:Mowhawks on kids looks very trailer-trashy... I'd have to advise against it. Unless of course you don't mind being looked at in a negative way by your neighbors and being laughed at behind your back.

Nice setup Mindia but that one's too easy.

I know, I know... but I was being serious. There's a chick that lives in my apartment complex with tons of tats all over her back and legs, she's loud and obnoxious, and her little 7-8 year old boy now has a mowhawk. I fucking HATE people that do shit like that to their kids. Some people don't deserve to have children. Makes me sick.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:17 pm

I have to agree with Mindia, even if I am from one of the trash capitals of the world. Dont let the little bastard have a mohawk, it looks really damned stupid :(
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Spazz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:01 pm

Lotta kids want that hair style . Ive seen a lot of em with it from all walks of life. Also I dont think either of you boys is in a position to judge whos trashy and whos not.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:01 am

Spazz wrote:Lotta kids want that hair style . Ive seen a lot of em with it from all walks of life. Also I dont think either of you boys is in a position to judge whos trashy and whos not.

Retard, there are "rules" that decent people go by in society. Shaving a mohawk into a little boy's head goes against those "decent societal standards." He probably doesn't even know the origin of the mohawk or what it means to wear one. All he knows is that his mom gave it to him and that SHE thinks it's cool, and he doesn't yet understand that his mom is a complete moron. If he was 18 and got the mohawk on his own then that's a completely different story, but he's like 7 or 8... thus making it a bad move entirely.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:49 am

Dude, he is Christian, he can judge anybody he wants.

Seriously though, Amanda's oldest is what? 14 now? He should be allowed to make the decisions that he wants, although I would say that a faux hawk would probably be a better choice for a first timer. That way if he doesn't like it, he can buzz off the hawk part and life will be fine.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby runamonk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:32 am

Mohawks are much like cowboy hats. They're great to wear when you're drunk but not so hot when you want to be taken seriously.
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:37 am

runamonk wrote:Mohawks are much like cowboy hats. They're great to wear when you're drunk but not so hot when you want to be taken seriously.

I LOL'd!!!
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby runamonk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:38 am

hehe I figured you'd get a kick outta that. I have a cowboy hat too but I almost never wear it unless I'm toasted haha. ;)
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:42 am

runamonk wrote:hehe I figured you'd get a kick outta that. I have a cowboy hat too but I almost never wear it unless I'm toasted haha. ;)

Dude, yer crackin me up! :rofl:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 am

10sun wrote:Dude, he is Christian, he can judge anybody he wants.

Seriously though, Amanda's oldest is what? 14 now? He should be allowed to make the decisions that he wants, although I would say that a faux hawk would probably be a better choice for a first timer. That way if he doesn't like it, he can buzz off the hawk part and life will be fine.

That's not being judgmental, tardboy. You think it's ok to give a 7 year old a mowhawk?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:46 am

I think that it shouldn't matter what a child's hair looks like. As long as he is respectful, a good child, and his grades are good, that is all that matters.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:54 am

/snort
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:56 am

Martrae wrote:/snort
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby runamonk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:56 am

yeah it totally doesn't matter. Just like it doesn't matter when I'm walking down the street in a teeshirt, head shaved and sunglasses on and women overt their gaze and people snatch up their kids. Yeah in a perfect world people wouldn't automatically sterotype you and assume you're a punk asshole.. Yeah glad it's not like that anywhere... ;)
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:57 am

runamonk wrote:yeah it totally doesn't matter. Just like it doesn't matter when I'm walking down the street in a teeshirt, head shaved and sunglasses on and women overt their gaze and people snatch up their kids. Yeah in a perfect world people wouldn't automatically sterotype you and assume you're a punk asshole.. Yeah glad it's not like that anywhere... ;)

Coming from a ruffian bad-boy type, that really doesn't mean much. ;)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby runamonk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:01 am

True, but It hurts my feeeeeeelinnnnngs! hahaha.

That was my intention when I started garnering my look back when I was 15ish. :P I had to be perceived as a badass so people would leave me alone at school, which worked out perfectly for me. I rarely got into any fights or anything.

Honestly the only people who don't judge me based on my looks are little kids. They always want to tug on my beard and touch my "scratchy" bald head haha. Cracks me up everytime and makes me smile everytime.
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:42 am

No, Spazz, I WILL judge whoever I godamn well please, just like everyone else here will even as much as they say they dont. Just like I judge you as a worthless deadend drughead that jerks off to that MMA horseshit, and you judge me as a dumb fucking hick.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:47 am

How is that not passing judgment on someone?
The very basis of your post is your opinion on how the parent of someone with a mohawk will be judged by her peers. That is by no means a fact. It is simply a judgment that you have made based upon your own opinions.

Narrock wrote:
10sun wrote:Dude, he is Christian, he can judge anybody he wants.

That's not being judgmental, tardboy. You think it's ok to give a 7 year old a mowhawk?

Who said it was a 7 year old in the first place?
To my knowledge, Amanda's oldest child (whom I am assuming is the one wanting a mohawk) is the one wanting to get a mohawk. She is not forcing him to get one. Read closely, she is asking whether or not it is acceptable for her to LET her child get one.

What form of outward social rebellion did you take when you were a teenager? I highly doubt you looked like Wally Beaver in the late 70s early 80s.

My opinion stands however, Amanda, let your son get a fauxhawk first before graduating to a full blown mohawk.

It is simply buzzing the sides down, not shaving, and leaving the middle longer.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gaazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:54 am

Looked to me like she was aking for opinions in the first place :dunno:
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:58 am

She was asking Tossica, however many others have since replied with vitriolic posts and in normal fashion, have been refuted and the question of the very nature of the poster has been brought to attention.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gaazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Thats a given though on the almighty board of assholes rofl she knew exactly what was going to happen, and probably had a pretty good idea of exactly what was going to be said and from who.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:02 pm

I would argue that she is quite clueless and naive in her original post.
More than anything, she just wanted to state her opinion that Tossica's mohawk is hot and that she wants to fuck him because he seems like a party animal.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Next

Return to Ask Tossica!