Dear Tossica...

Need answers? He's got 'em!

Moderator: Tossica

Postby Evermore » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:16 pm

10sun wrote:Dude, he is Christian, he can judge anybody he wants.

that is a big lol
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:36 pm

Mohawks get chicks. If you want him to knock up all the neighbor girls, let him get one!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:45 pm

Some of you guys need to wake up if all that would matter is what people think. Who gives a flying fuck what people think? Sheeple, that's who.

Also, Andrew is 8 years old and he has been begging me for this hairstyle. I told him he can do what he wants int he summertime but he must follow the norms of society when he is within the system. (At school, for those of you who are going to drag that on for days.)
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:21 pm

10sun wrote:
Narrock wrote:Mowhawks on kids looks very trailer-trashy... I'd have to advise against it. Unless of course you don't mind being looked at in a negative way by your neighbors and being laughed at behind your back.

How is that not passing judgment on someone?
The very basis of your post is your opinion on how the parent of someone with a mohawk will be judged by her peers. That is by no means a fact. It is simply a judgment that you have made based upon your own opinions.

Narrock wrote:

Seriously though, Amanda's oldest is what? 14 now? He should be allowed to make the decisions that he wants, although I would say that a faux hawk would probably be a better choice for a first timer. That way if he doesn't like it, he can buzz off the hawk part and life will be fine.

That's not being judgmental, tardboy. You think it's ok to give a 7 year old a mowhawk?

Who said it was a 7 year old in the first place?
To my knowledge, Amanda's oldest child (whom I am assuming is the one wanting a mohawk) is the one wanting to get a mohawk. She is not forcing him to get one. Read closely, she is asking whether or not it is acceptable for her to LET her child get one.

What form of outward social rebellion did you take when you were a teenager? I highly doubt you looked like Wally Beaver in the late 70s early 80s.

My opinion stands however, Amanda, let your son get a fauxhawk first before graduating to a full blown mohawk.

It is simply buzzing the sides down, not shaving, and leaving the middle longer.

Do you ever stfu? You're like a little kid who always feels the need to get in the last word.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:36 pm

Gaazy wrote:you judge me as a dumb fucking hick.

But... But... Gaazy, you *ARE* a hick. :rofl:

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gaazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:41 pm

Gah, okok, bad example ~
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:52 pm

Narrock wrote:
10sun wrote:
Narrock wrote:Mowhawks on kids looks very trailer-trashy... I'd have to advise against it. Unless of course you don't mind being looked at in a negative way by your neighbors and being laughed at behind your back.

How is that not passing judgment on someone?
The very basis of your post is your opinion on how the parent of someone with a mohawk will be judged by her peers. That is by no means a fact. It is simply a judgment that you have made based upon your own opinions.

Narrock wrote:

Seriously though, Amanda's oldest is what? 14 now? He should be allowed to make the decisions that he wants, although I would say that a faux hawk would probably be a better choice for a first timer. That way if he doesn't like it, he can buzz off the hawk part and life will be fine.

That's not being judgmental, tardboy. You think it's ok to give a 7 year old a mowhawk?

Who said it was a 7 year old in the first place?
To my knowledge, Amanda's oldest child (whom I am assuming is the one wanting a mohawk) is the one wanting to get a mohawk. She is not forcing him to get one. Read closely, she is asking whether or not it is acceptable for her to LET her child get one.

What form of outward social rebellion did you take when you were a teenager? I highly doubt you looked like Wally Beaver in the late 70s early 80s.

My opinion stands however, Amanda, let your son get a fauxhawk first before graduating to a full blown mohawk.

It is simply buzzing the sides down, not shaving, and leaving the middle longer.

Do you ever stfu? You're like a little kid who always feels the need to get in the last word.

and you are the hypocritical "Christian".
Trying to instigate nothing more than petty bickering in every thread no matter how what the original intent was. GJ Jesus, got another one following your teachings to the letter.
Admit your role and I'll admit my own in this thread.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:35 pm

Gaazy wrote:Gah, okok, bad example ~

:lol:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:57 pm

I forget who said it before, but Mindia is the perfect Christian. (As far as passing jugement goes.) I think it is sad to see someone so wrapped up in Myth.

WHY MINDIA? WHY DO YOU POST NT IF YOU ARE SO PURE!!!!??!??

Damn you.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:03 pm

He is trying to convert us.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lueyen » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:34 pm

Retired wrote:Some of you guys need to wake up if all that would matter is what people think. Who gives a flying fuck what people think? Sheeple, that's who.

While I commiserate on the one hand on the other a mohawk isn't exactly something you can change easily, and you can't always wear a hat. Individual expression is good, but taken beyond a certain point it can cause adverse reactions toward you, due to the perception by others (right or wrong it's just a fact of the situation). At his age it won't likely be a huge issue. When he starts looking for a summer job or the like it might depending on the type of work be a factor and one that you won't likely be able to prove and therefore even begin to counteract. In short don't impart extremes on either side, absolute conformity or absolute lack of it. What Mindia said is true, people make snap judgments, maybe you don't like it, but your not going to change it in most cases. Some people automatically expect the worst from young adults (I've see it first hand in dealing with a police officer once in my late teens), something like a mohawk may very well stack that bias even further, if that is an acceptable consequence great, wear a mohawk, but often times young adults go for the shock value and then bitch about being victims of bias. It's similar to a woman who dresses in a very revealing manner then gets into a huff when men ogle.

I like the approach of let him do it for the summer.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Arlos » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:10 pm

It's similar to a woman who dresses in a very revealing manner then gets into a huff when men ogle.

Sorry, that reminded me of an event like that at one party/rave I went to several years ago, was funny as hell. Good looking girl, really, with a good body and very large breasts for her body size. She was wearing a midriff baring stretch T-shirt that went maybe 2 inches below the bottom of her breasts and looked at least 3 sizes too small, and had, in large letters across the front of it printed "BUSTY". Yet despite the outfit, she was giving that pissed off glare at any guy who stared at her tits....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Just make sure his melon isnt all weird shaped before shaving hair.
I also agree to the fauxhawk. In general, they look 100x better than the regular down to the skin types and are easier to correct if in a week he doesnt seem to like it anymore.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Harrison » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:26 pm

I laughed at the "mohawks get you chicks" part.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:28 am

Harrison wrote:I laughed at the "mohawks get you chicks" part.

It's true.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:51 am

So does crack.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Evermore » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:57 am

The Kizzy wrote:He is trying to convert us.

i'll bet he is gay and that chick he posted is a front
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:01 am

Evermore wrote:

If her clit was any larger, it would be a dick?
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Haylo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:57 am

I'd go with the faux hawk as well. I see a lot of guys with that lately and I think it looks really sexy on men and cute on kids.

Tasya
Undead Priest
Malfurion
Haylo
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby runamonk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:30 am

Good call Haylo!
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:49 am

Tossica wrote:
Harrison wrote:I laughed at the "mohawks get you chicks" part.

It's true.

Yeah but look at the kind of chicks you're talking about...

/pass
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:32 am

You really don't like the faux hawks and think they're trashy, Mindia?

I'm not a fan of actual mohawks at all, but like Haylo said - the faux hawks look nice; i like em.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby araby » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 am

#2 down makes me want to let him "wreck" me.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:41 am

10sun wrote:
Evermore wrote:

If her clit was any larger, it would be a dick?

Clerks 2 ftw
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:52 am

Retired wrote:Some of you guys need to wake up if all that would matter is what people think. Who gives a flying fuck what people think? Sheeple, that's who.

Also, Andrew is 8 years old and he has been begging me for this hairstyle. I told him he can do what he wants int he summertime but he must follow the norms of society when he is within the system. (At school, for those of you who are going to drag that on for days.)

if thats the case than what is the point of this thread???
not being an asshole but i guess you already know what the outcome is going to be, you know?
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Tossica!