I'm suing my landlord.

Need answers? He's got 'em!

Moderator: Tossica

Postby Eziekial » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:45 am

Contact a couple local cleaners and have them give you a written quote for a once over service.
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby araby » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:37 pm

got a response from her..that she sent to the court. our date has been rescheduled to nov 5th.

her response is as expected, long and drawn out and complaining of what bad tenants we were. the list of deductions is absolutely unbelievable. she's just flat out lying and it's sickening.

however, she admits to taking over 30 days to return the deposit and that's what I'm sticking with. no need to discuss anything else regarding my living there. I'll keep you posted.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: I'm suing my landlord.

Postby araby » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:36 pm

okay so today was the day.

scott's father represented us in court (just in case she had an attorney)

the motion to dismiss the deductions based on her waiting over the 30 days was dismissed..i don't know why but I guess it doesn't matter...

I testified first, did very well and then when she got up on the stand, the Judge saw how unprepared she was, realized she did not have documentation for anything and made a mockery of her for about five minutes. I couldn't believe how well it was going..and we didn't have to do anything.

he ruled that some of the things she listed were beyond normal wear and tear...deducted for those things..then did the math and didn't triple our deposit (guess he figured the statute was worth reconfiguring) but instead he doubled it...

we came out with $962 total...which is 62 more than the original deposit and almost 200 more than she originally was *supposed* to give me, if you minus the four days rent she was going to withhold.

we knew he wouldn't award the entire amount anyway...but it's great to see justice done today! my position the entire time has been to make sure that happened and even though we didn't get what we asked, he ruled in our favor and we got a little extra. I'm pleased!

thanks everybody!
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Yay!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:04 pm

Grats Araby :hiphop:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:25 pm

Gratz Araby!
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby araby » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Just got paid!
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Drinks on Araby!
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Board donation on Araby!
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:13 pm

Just got outta jail. Oh well. Win some, lose some. Looks like Mary the Landlord got her wish for instant karma!
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:19 am

lol what
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Evermore » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:27 am

araby wrote:Just got outta jail. Oh well. Win some, lose some. Looks like Mary the Landlord got her wish for instant karma!

Jail?
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:34 am

I call shenanigans! You aren't allowed to post something like that without explaining.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:43 am

Spill the beans!

Sorry to hear you were arrested. Hopefully it was something fun and memorable, like unf unf on the beach and the cops caught you!
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby araby » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:56 pm

sorry...I was gonna post more but the mortification stopped me. I needed a day to come up with a good lie to tell you all. just kidding. honestly I was too tired to type it out.

I was in my "spot" by the water sitting in my car, hanging out with a boy. We weren't doing anything-just talking. A cop came up and said we couldn't be parked there. So, he ran our licenses and said to leave once everything came back..but mine was apparently suspended. Remember when I said in another thread that I got ticketed for not wearing my seatbelt? $25...never paid it. Forgot about it.

But that's the least of my worries. I also had three warrants for my arrest for three checks (bounced) in 2003. I had NO CLUE about them. So...I was cuffed right there. He took me to jail and I spent twelve hours there. My bond hearing went very well. The Judge is a patient of mine and she recognized me right away...let me out without bail and my court hearing is in March. The checks are gonna kill me financially...$2260.

so, that's that. Paid the ticket today, and paid the DMV their $100 and got my license reinstated.

funny...my experience in jail was pretty hilarious. I'll have to post some more about that later. I was determined, as soon as I started to panic in the back of the cop car, that I was going to stay strong and not wig out. Once I arrived at the station and saw that I was surrounded with people who were completely fucked up-like-in ways I could never imagine-I knew I'd be okay. At least I got some pretty funny stories out of it. I'll post em later.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Well Araby, since you "did time" you now have street cred and can release a rap album thus earning you millions.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 am

well ash, if nothing else.. at least you can say that your life is never boring~
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Eziekial » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:10 pm

OMG, to think I was hanging out with a WANTED CRIMINAL! I feel like a bad ass now. :2m16:
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Previous

Return to Ask Tossica!