what does the magic tossica ball say

Need answers? He's got 'em!

Moderator: Tossica

Postby araby » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:41 pm

I'm marrying myself tonight. I've written my vows to myself and I'm going to Meritage for cheap champagne and tapas style food...and I'm gonna have a ceremony for the marriage to myself.

/cheers
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:29 pm

Take videos of your honeymoon nite and the sex with yourself. Then sell it on Ebay, and solve your financial and relationship woes all at once!
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:28 am

Ash, I think the most important thing that I've seen in this thread was where you've said "I'd like to love him."

Timelines are different for everyone - there is no one size fits all for a timeline for any one couple; statistics in general are crap, personalities are different. People fit together differently. It could very well be that people fall in love and within a couple months are ready for marriage and they last an eternity.. that's how my aunt and uncle were and they've been married 50 years.

However, what I've seen from what you've posted in that one single line says that you might not love him and you're considering it because it feels right - you are a type of person who feels with their entire heart whatever you feel at the moment - your entire heart is dedicated to that moment. It's an awesome quality to have because it's completely genuine; the problems come into play in the future, because your heart isn't in the future because it's so intensely involved with the present. 50 years from now, do you want to wake up and see his face? 50 years from now, do you love this man enough to stand with him knowing all the good and the bad that you've gone through has been more than worth it because there's no one else that you would've wanted to encounter that with?

With best friends it's easy to think that they're the one for you because they know you inside and out - if you want to love him because you think you should and it's just that time, I would say guard your heart and don't bother investing the time. If it's him and he is the reason that you feel that now is the time, because he *is* that person.. do what you feel in your heart is right, but only after closing your eyes and picturing the future with him by your side for the rest of your life.

My parents are divorced, a lot of my friends are already divorced - I personally take marriage very seriously and don't believe you should ever take the plunge unless you are absolutely positive this is the person you will be with for the rest of your life, not because it's the right thing to do for the moment. Marriage is permanent and should be - to me it's not just some piece of paper, it's a bond that should stand the test of time and both people need to be willing to love each other enough to bind yourselves together - not because of age or extenuating circumstances, but because this is the person you *want* to be with forever with all of who you are. There's way too many divorces these days, and if you want nothing more for yourself, have the desire to not become some statistic. Love who you're with with all of you and make sure they love you equally, because 'it was just time' and 'well we had to' or 'well we're good friends and they'd be good baby-makin' just isn't good enough for a lifetime commitment, which is what it should be.

I never married Scott because I knew in my heart it wasn't right; had a good relationship, a great relationship by many standards - could've had a fine life together, but for the rest of our lives we simply didn't have the type of bond that would be able to pit us against the trials of life and come out stronger than we were before we started.. and in something like marriage, a bond like that is what you need, imo.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:33 am

Why do women talk about hearts and feelings like t hey are always writing cheesy romance poetry
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:37 am

because that's the side of our brain that works =p and in ashly's case, I know her heart is important to her. well, not the cheesy romance poetry, not even i can stand that.. but i do value marriage (think that was pretty obvious eh)

I know many women who are completely opposite and could give a shit less.. I also know men who have the emotional qualities of what I guess you would say is a stereotypical woman who pour their heart into stuff, but most of those guys are 28+ and over the younger mindset and value that type of thing

people are different is all~
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:40 am

Gypsiyee wrote: I also know men who have the emotional qualities of what I guess you would say is a stereotypical woman who pour their heart into stuff, but most of those guys are 28+ and over the younger mindset and value that type of thing

Men like Kainne! Men who, well, like men!
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:41 am

Oy, no, not that far ><
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 am

I guess that would throw me into the gay department as well? :dunno:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:05 am

Harrison wrote:I guess that would throw me into the gay department as well? :dunno:

Most definitely.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:23 am

It was a great ceremony. I read my vows in the graveyard of a church, haha. Plus I got really drunk and called my future husband at 1am.

alright alright..enough of this shit. I'm not really getting married. It would be cool if he moved here though.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lionking » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:48 am

The 8 ball said YES. You have no choice. DO WHAT THE 8 BALL COMMANDS!!!
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby kinghooter00 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Harrison wrote:I guess that would throw me into the gay department as well? :dunno:

talking yourself up???
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby kinghooter00 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Being married is great... Its been nice so far for me... If it feels right to you than fuck what others think...(nt)
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby Tacks » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:06 pm

Tossica wrote:

Most definitely.

:dunno: I'm basically that way too. I'd rather be called gay than be the stereotypical uncaring bastard male.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Haha. Taxx and Harrison are gay!

But really though, I am a pretty sensitive guy.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:12 pm

and you do have a purdy mouth.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Lyion » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Tossica wrote:Haha. Taxx and Harrison are gay!

But really though, I am a pretty sensitive guy.

Pussy.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tae-Bo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:36 pm

every fat kid and his dad tries to play the "sensitive male" angle nowadays. cheer up emo kids.
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:42 pm

Shouldn't you be rolling around with half naked sweaty men right now?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tae-Bo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:43 pm

i wish.
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:44 pm

BTW What exactly have you accomplished so far from your leet training you always like to talk about here other than getting your ass completely handed to you?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tae-Bo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:49 pm

lol what ?
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:50 pm

When is your Pride debut?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:53 pm

D. Duck wrote:lol what ?

I'm sorry was that too difficult for you to understand, meathead?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tae-Bo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:54 pm

what's difficult to understand is why you're bringing it up in this thread .. someone a little mad that they got called an emo boy? lol.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Tossica!