Ugh I need advice.......I'm blogging

Need answers? He's got 'em!

Moderator: Tossica

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:00 pm

I went in and talked to HR, I laid everything out, we went over my reviews, and what is expected of me in my job. He is in the process of getting me a merit raise. Guess Im more than a C student after all. Thanks for being so supportive and for those of you who listened and offered help instead of hashing out an old personal vendetaa. Again.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:09 pm

Grats, you're well on your way to being able to unload tile off the truck, maybe Pillowpants can teach you to drive the forklift.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:11 pm

I've been driving the forklift for a while now thank you. How is that job your Mommy and Auntie lined up for you? Finally advancing in your career you spent all that money at the technical college in the strip mall to work towards?
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Hey, can we leave me out of your penis duels? :wink:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:20 pm

I don't want to hear it HArrison, you pull our past relationship into it everytime you two sling your e peens.
Last edited by The Kizzy on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:38 pm

:popcorn:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Xaiveir » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15 pm

Narrock wrote::popcorn:

Pass that over here yo!

How have you been Narrock. /munch /munch
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Yamori » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Just from my outside perspective...

I'm not trying to be mean or insulting here, but it's possible that you have some personality/interpersonal issues or poor leadership skills that you're unconscious of - but that the managers see as interfering with your ability to do management or certain jobs.

To use myself in example... I'm *terrible* at reading people's emotional and social cues and usually don't understand what people are driving at unless they spell it out clearly for me. If I wasn't very conscious of this and was striving for management promotions (which I'd do terrible at) I'd be tempted to think the employers were out to screw me over if I got perpetually passed up for people more inexperienced than me.
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby kaxfenix » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:31 am

It's just home depot...............
kaxfenix

Postby araby » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 am

you're just a guest.....
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Eldred » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:18 am

I hate to agree w/ Harrison but it's true it's a major brand retail chain store they couldn't give a flying fuck less about you. Inter store polotics will always out weigh skill or experience when it comes to promotions. I've worked for a few big named chains (Target, Best Buy) hope to never work for another one again.

It's the same in everyone of them. You get in good w/ the Upper management your good, at the risk of being an ass kisser to your coworkers, and you can still skate on by and get promotions before others do. It's life it sucks can't change it. Glad to hear you should be getting a merit raise, hope they increase it at least your dept minimum. Most retails stores will pay you just enough so you don't quit, plain and simple. When I was a manager at best buy I had to sit in on meetings revolving around those very things when it came time for raises and the like with people. Not that they care about you mind you but it's much cheaper for the company in the long run to give you a raise compairable to what they'd pay a new person, than to hire someone new and interview, background check, train drug test, and do all the paperwork on them.

If you still have a friend that can get you an interview w/ whomever he was talking about, do yourself a favor and at least get an interview with them. While in the interview lay some groundwork there that you want a management position and get your self on a pay scale that is acceptable to you, before actually taking the job.
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby kaharthemad » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:43 am

The Kizzy wrote:Then a few weeks ago another department head position came up, and, as most of you know, I interviewed. According to the interviewer, I aced the interview except for when he asked me if I was shaking because I was nervous, and I said yes.

Should have told him you were shaking because the vibrator was up to high.

That would have changed the interview around quickly.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Previous

Return to Ask Tossica!