Ugh I need advice.......I'm blogging

Need answers? He's got 'em!

Moderator: Tossica

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:23 am

Something doesn't add up here. Either you are not as great an employee as you let on OR you need to file a discrimination law suit. Quitting is always an option as well.
Last edited by Tossica on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:24 am

If she worked like she worked here I'm going to go with option A.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:26 am

Wow Gaaz.. I don't know who you're hiring, but in general in my work experience that couldn't be further from the truth.

I'd rather work with men, but that's not because of a shitty female work ethic.. that's simply based on cattiness. You said how great your one secretary was and threw in that she gave blow jobs on her lunch break.. not sure how it works in WVa, but that doesn't usually constitute good employee. Many of the men I've worked with call in drunk, sneeze and think they're sick, etc.

Bad apples on both sexes of course, but wow.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:09 am

Tossica wrote:Something doesn't add up here. Either you are not as great an employee as you let on OR you need to file a discrimination law suit. Quitting is always an option as well.

I can scan my reviews and post them if you would like to see. I'll bring them home tongiht.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:10 am

Tossica wrote:Something doesn't add up here. Either you are not as great an employee as you let on OR you need to file a discrimination law suit. Quitting is always an option as well.

Tacks wrote:If she worked like she worked here I'm going to go with option A.

If Tacks' first hand account is true then I'll go ahead and say she's probably not as good as she thinks she is. Good work ethic tends to follow you wherever you go if you have it. Also, a good potential manager isn't about making goals, leaving late, staying early. It's working the smartest to get the job done efficiently.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:16 am

Says the guy who we had to firce to get something else besides delivering pizzas in my car.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:18 am

Oooh, I found one from last September and one from this June, I'm scanning htem now.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:18 am

Oh shit let's make this thread about me now! I was still making almost $20 an hour doing nigger work, try again.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:19 am

I'm sure Tacks will come back and slam you now because he prolly has a decent job, at least one that trumps Home Depot. Try to look at the criticism objectively Kizz, even if it is from Tacks.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:21 am

I don't even need to go there, she already knows. Pointing out whatever flaws you think I have does nothing to help your case, but if it makes you feel better about the failures at your job, go ahead.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby kinghooter00 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:29 am

...ouch.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:32 am

He is bitter. I worked two jobs. Nothing he says is true. Maybe a hint of truth, but not all truth.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:33 am

Hint of truth? Elaborate.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:35 am

I had a problem after closing the restuaraunt and getting home sometimes past midnight with being up and in the office by 8. I was 100% commission on my other job, and I didn't have to be in the office at any set time, but my partner was always there by 8. My partner was much more successful than me.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:35 am

Last edited by The Kizzy on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 am

Fuck I forgot how to post pictures
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:40 am

Last edited by The Kizzy on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:43 am

Last edited by The Kizzy on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:07 pm

That review tells me you're a C student.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:16 pm

The Kizzy wrote:He is bitter. I worked two jobs. Nothing he says is true. Maybe a hint of truth, but not all truth.

Ok whatever, I lie. I have no reason to, or nothing to gain by it. I'm a well known liar here right? :ugh:
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:18 pm

I'm in no way trying to be insulting of course Janet, but I'd have to agree with Jay - based on your reviews I would say they don't view you as stellar as you do. I know that in previous promotions I've gotten my reviews were either above average or outstanding on every single aspect of my job, never meets expectations. You may work your little bottom off and it would seem that while they appreciate your hard work it's not 'spectacular' by their standards.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:12 pm

Bump those "P's" up to "V's" and "O's."
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:28 pm

Unfortunately the review supports their decision to keep you where you are.

Especially the P in Communicates Effectively and in Integrity. My guess is those should be Os if you want to be a Manager.

Anyways, more importantly than if you deserve this position is why they are not giving it to you. My suggestion would be to sit down and ask what you need to do to move up, and don't let them blow smoke up your tush.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gaazy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:47 pm

Bleh, didnt get the complete coffee cup into the wall response I was hoping for from the twat squad, but oh well.

All but 2 of the 16 employees here are men. Most are fabricators and welders, mechanics, an engineer, consultant, etc etc. Out of the 30-40 (obo) men, Ive only had 2 or 3 males that sucked really, one that came in late 2 or 3 times and got fired, and one that got caught stealing tools, another or 2 that just were just shitty welders. Every single other male employee thats been here has been on time, worked hard, etc.. ....We've went through 6 secretaries in the past 3 years. From younger girls working way through college to older ladies that have been working for years and years. All but 2 out of the 8 sucked complete ass.

Maybe the wrong people are getting hired :dunno:

...But I was about 20% serious about that post :wink: Women ARE fucking moody (if any women here says no im not you are full of shit). Good working, tolerably nice women, from what I have seen at my young age, are way too hard to find :(

Oh, and Kizzy, like they said, and no offense or anything, Im sure you are a great worker and everything...but almost everyone (men and women hehe) that has been through here, thought they were doing oh so good and unbelievably incredibly outstanding...but from a management viewpoint...they were not oh so good and unbelievably incredibly outstanding. So maybe you arent doing as well as you think?

Everyone says "Go in and be a kiss ass!!!!!!!"......No. That shit is fucking annoying. Go in on time, bust your ass and do your job to the best of your ablility, keep your mouth shut, and go home.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:35 pm

I can see where you guys are coming from but If you do your job, you get a P. If you excel you get a V, only one person in the 5 years the store has been open has gotten an O. I think since I have one less V's as P's, I'm doing more than what is expected of me.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Tossica!