Hey Tossica...

Need answers? He's got 'em!

Moderator: Tossica

Hey Tossica...

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:08 am

I am writing for the school paper and acting as student body vice president this semester and my best friend is a giant pothead.

Should I stop talking to her for the next two semesters like a sell-out cunt?

My future means a lot to me and to my kids. But I feel like pot isn't a crime and I don't like the idea of being a sell-out.

This country is so unfair at times.

Well, give me some fucking advice, babe.

Love,

Amanda
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:40 am

Why does your best friends pot issues have to do with your job or responsibilities?
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:59 am

Are you not a pot head as well?
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:55 am

Uhh hate to break it to you but it doesn't matter what you consider isn't a crime. It's still against the law, you don't make up the rules.

What if I were to say 'hi i don't consider murder a crime' and go kill someone, is that ok?

Tell your friend to grow up, only white trash and losers over 18 years old use drugs.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:31 am

Being friends with someone who smokes weed, out of all things, isn't going to hold you back or bring you down.

Now maybe a heroin addict, or cokehead, meth addict, etc....
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby kinghooter00 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:30 am

you writing a paper and the pot head just doesn't matter... pot heads at times write some good stuff...maybe ask for some advice, after you get done smoking your bong...of course.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby araby » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:00 pm

I don't understand why anyone cares what other people do. If it doesn't affect you, then it doesn't matter. If it does affect you, then it probably matters and you can make the appropriate changes.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:30 pm

araby wrote:I don't understand why anyone cares what other people do. If it doesn't affect you, then it doesn't matter. If it does affect you, then it probably matters and you can make the appropriate changes.

QFT

Kizzy, a pot head is someone who typically needs to get high every day, has trouble functioning while not hi, worried about where they'll get the next baggy, etc. A casual smoker is someone who enjoy's pot like a person who enjoys a fine wine, takes it or leaves it, etc. I'm in that category. If to you, they are the same, then call me a pot head all you want.

Tacks to say you don't use drugs is laughable. I'm certain you drink, take aspirin, legal or not, it's still a drug bud. Lets not turn this into another you smoke pot, you're a pot head, etc etc debate, too many lemmings here for that. As for the law, it is only against it if you get caught, otherwise you are free and clear /snicker

I feel like folks get pissed off because I'm ok with breaking the law, why such jealousy /shrug. Don't you law abiding citizens speed in your cars.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:06 pm

I love how all the druggies get all defensive about their habits
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:13 pm

ClakarEQ wrote:
araby wrote:I don't understand why anyone cares what other people do. If it doesn't affect you, then it doesn't matter. If it does affect you, then it probably matters and you can make the appropriate changes.

QFT

Kizzy, a pot head is someone who typically needs to get high every day, has trouble functioning while not hi, worried about where they'll get the next baggy, etc. A casual smoker is someone who enjoy's pot like a person who enjoys a fine wine, takes it or leaves it, etc. I'm in that category. If to you, they are the same, then call me a pot head all you want.

Tacks to say you don't use drugs is laughable. I'm certain you drink, take aspirin, legal or not, it's still a drug bud. Lets not turn this into another you smoke pot, you're a pot head, etc etc debate, too many lemmings here for that. As for the law, it is only against it if you get caught, otherwise you are free and clear /snicker

I feel like folks get pissed off because I'm ok with breaking the law, why such jealousy /shrug. Don't you law abiding citizens speed in your cars.

Clak, people who smoke weed the way you do are a minority.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:35 pm

I dunno, most of the people I know who smoke are like that. Maybe it's a function of age & maturity, since obviously most of the people I know who smoke are in their mid-30s or older, where attitudes and actions are VERY different than 16, 18, 21, 25, etc.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:47 pm

The people you associate with directly affect your advancement on the social ladder. It's true that it's all about who you know, but it may also be true that it's all about who know you.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Hey Tossica...

Postby Tossica » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:53 pm

Retired wrote:Should I stop talking to her for the next two semesters like a sell-out cunt?

No.

Unless you plan on running for the Senate, noone is going to care who your friends are.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:55 pm

ClakarEQ wrote:

QFT

Yes because speeding and drug dealers are about on par with one another right. Don't try to justify what you do. It's against the law, period.

I don't have as much a problem with the losers who use I have more of a problem with the entire operation behind it and the niggers shooting each other in the streets because of it.

I'm sorry that I'm a stronger person than you and don't need mind altering drugs to get through life.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:26 pm

jesus lord, taxx, easy on the n-bomb!!!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tossica » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:37 pm

Most of my weed is either grown locally by friends or comes from BC. Grown by hippies, transported by hippies, sold by hippies and smoked by hippies through glass pipes that are blown by hippies.

I think you watch too much TV Taxx. You need to smoke a joint and cool out.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Markarado » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:14 am

I don't smoke anymore, but I still don't have a problem with people that do or with the habit.

I have friends who smoke casually. They enjoy it at a party or on the weekends. I don't see anything wrong with that. I also have friends who smoke daily - usually more than once a day. I do have a problem with that. It doesn't affect me directly, but I hate to see my friends wasting their lives being high when they could spend that time doing something productive. ..

I then have a friend who likes to get high and go to the gym. I don't know how the hell he does that. The guy really does work his ass off in the gym too.
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Trielelvan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:34 am

The Kizzy wrote:Are you not a pot head as well?

Actually, unless I am mistaken, she hasn't smoked anything at all in quite a while, and would now be classified as an ex-smoker in all regards.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:44 am

Jay wrote:
ClakarEQ wrote:

QFT

Clak, people who smoke weed the way you do are a minority.

I dono, pretty much everyone I know who still smokes pot are in this category as well. None of them are burnouts, they all work 40+ hour weeks in careers, not jobs, and they're all pretty successful in what they do.

Now.. the dealers who supply it to those people are another story. My sister's dealer is a fucking donkey, worthless father, and complete waste of skin. He's not an abusive person or anything, he's just lazy and a bit of a jackass.

Amanda, I'm pretty surprised you're coming here to ask for advice on dumping your best friend just because she isn't partaking in the same activities as you. She's your best friend because of who she is (and part of who you used to be) - unless she has a direct impact on your success or she's acting in a manner that makes you not want to be around her (ie you just don't like the girl anymore) I can't see why you would want to cut all ties with her. Now if her behavior is a quality you just don't want to be around anymore, sure, absolutely, stop hanging out with her.. but stop hanging out with her for the *right* reasons.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gargamellow » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:38 am

Thanks Tossica.

Gypsiyee,

When you put it that way, I need to ensure you that I would never completely dump her. If she needed someone, I would be there.

My whole point is that...

Bah...I don't think I will be running for Senate anytime soon. But with my current path, it is actually a possibility in about 20 years.

I should also add that I have a hard time being around pot when I can't smoke it.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Evermore » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:59 am

ClakarEQ wrote: As for the law, it is only against it if you get caught, otherwise you are free and clear /snicker

is it me or does this strike anyone as being a completely assinine statement also?
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Naethyn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:05 am

An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:06 am

Retired wrote:
I should also add that I have a hard time being around pot when I can't smoke it.

To me the answer is tell her you want to distance yourself from the dope, and she needs to stay away when she is getting high or using the ganja.

Perhaps you can help her ween herself a bit of the weed to spend time with you, and you don't lose a friend? Seems a win/win there.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:15 am

Fuck that.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:43 am

Evermore wrote:
ClakarEQ wrote: As for the law, it is only against it if you get caught, otherwise you are free and clear /snicker

is it me or does this strike anyone as being a completely assinine statement also?

That was meant to be assinine, LOL

Garg, if you can't say "no" that implies other problems to me. You should have the self confidence to make your own decisions. One way to look at this issue is an opportunity or a challenge, e.g. Can you say no?

On the other note, I don't see what I was defending, or attempting to justify. We've had these pot debates several times in a variety of threads. I think everyone is aware of my stance on this issue. If you'd like to have yet another debate, I'll welcome that in a new thread.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Next

Return to Ask Tossica!