Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:11 pm

I guess I need new friends.

thx araby
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Hey Tossica

Postby Jay » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:48 am

Not that I know anything about you but sometimes people are prone to be vocal about their achievements in life. When people hear about your successes they might get envious, jealous or whatever which turns into "Man, that Amanda doesn't think her shit stinks anymore or something. She's so stuck up now.." etc etc. Seeing your friends move ahead in life is a reminder that you're being left behind and sometimes people would rather stay away then be reminded that you're going somewhere they're not or that you are somewhere they haven't gotten to yet. While I've done well for myself in certain aspects of life and have seen my friends slowly drop off, I've also seen friends get married, have families and build homes for their loved ones and as happy as I am for them I can't stand being around them.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:11 pm

You sound like just about the worst kind of person lol

"They're successful where I'm not, so I can't stand to be around them." :ugh:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:19 am

It's not like I hate them or think that they don't deserve it. I'm just envious and it's not a feeling I like to have. I'm 26 and I'm starting to feel as though I'm moving too slow in that department. Seeing people my age that have all that is a reminder of that. Sort of akin to being a 3rd wheel.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gargamellow » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Well if you think he is an asshole, wait till you hear what I have to say about my friends.

None of them are ever going to amount to anything but a minimum wage paycheck and possibly a good piece of ass, possibly.

Of course I vocalize my achievements. I believe my children need positive reinforcement to battle the loser vibe that flows so freely through my neighborhood. Until I can get a house somewhere nice and snobbish, I do as I must to keep education in their minds. And as far as that goes, fuck those whiney broke-ass white trash pieces of shit who can't handle the mistakes they made in life.

Sure, I am still fairly white trash. I can't afford the expensive toilet paper or anything. However, I sure as fuck don't sit around crying about why I will never work anywhere but a fucking gas station.

If you work at a gas station, good for you. I am not degrading your job. I am degrading your job for myself and making a statement on how people tend to whine and bitch about their "situation" but never do anything about it.

I know I whine and bitch, but I also get out there into the real world and socialize, learn and evolve. I expect the same from anyone who wishes to be around me. I guess at some point, I decided my so-called friends weren't worthy anymore.

Wow, I can be such a cunt. Oh look... I still don't give a fuck.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gaazy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 pm

For a change Amanda im going to agree with you. I cant stand listening to people bitch about their situation but wont do a damn thing to change it. They just bitch and whine and bitch and whine, but wont put any effort into finding a better job, learning a trade, setting goals, or whatever. I mean shit, people that say they are in a shitty place and all that and collect the free gov check, but are still too good to get a job at wal mart or mcdonalds or whatever. You better believe it that if it came down to McDonalds to support myself, id be flipping fries like a motherfucker while trying to find something better, not just give up and settle for Mickey Ds and bitch about it. If someone is happy with their job there and minds living on that money, more power to them, but dont stay there and bitch about it for 10 years and never try to better yourself.

Especially in the counties around me, like McDowell county, which at least as of a few years ago, was the poorest county in the country, theres a lot of it. Youd just have to see it to believe it I guess. Its actually where my family is from teehee. the only jobs there are coal jobs. and maybe a couple little fast food stuff here and there. Hell, theres a bunch of little towns in that county that still dont have running water. Some hollers you go up, theres still outhouses behind all the houses. Just old broken down coal towns. 50 years ago these areas were booooming, now they are just busted down little shanty towns pretty much. You should see the house my dad and his family first lived in before they managed to get out of there (half the family is still there working in the mines). It brings a LITERAL meaning to the saying "dirt floor poor". If I can ever get a pic of the area and where they are from, a town called Isaban Creek, id post it here. Hell when papaw used to come home from work, he had to cross the creek to get to the house, so if it had been raining, or snow had been melting, he had to wade across the damn thing. Its just a whole different world down there. People, especially on the internetz it seems that have no idea who I am or where ive come from, always throw the "durr youve never been in that situation you dont know!" or "wait til one day that you need it!" (and that usually follows when I say something about the free rides everyone gets, or giving insurance to EVERYONE), but I hate to break it to them, but Ive been there and done that, and its all around me, all the time. Most of the people I know are in those situations, even family. And through hard work and busting ass, most of my family has dug their way out of that life and live good lives. I just love when internet peoplez just start with stuff like that, about people theyve never met. Damn near everyone in the coal business has been through the slumps and hard times.

And, congrats on your degree. Fuck your friends, you earned it.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gargamellow » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:22 pm

I took a minorities class and learned a fuckton about the coal mines. That shit is terrible.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Ask Tossica!