Headphone repair

Ask the few things google does not know

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Headphone repair

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:43 am

So.. Jonathan has a $600 pair of headphones that he can't part with because they're absolutely phenomenol - the problem is that on one side, the padding and all that has fallen completely off as they've been through a lot of wear and tear.. studio quality headphones, used to use them when he was mixing. As a little part of his christmas (yeah, I plan early), I would like to take them somewhere and get that simple part repaired. What's the best way to do this - a local type place or is there a company that does this online or..? I know there has to be a relatively simple solution.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:25 am

I don't think I've ever even heard of a pair of $600 headphones but the manufacturer should repair them at no charge at that price. I assume they are Sennheisers. Contact them. I've had really good luck with high end audio manufacturers standing by their products even after the warranty has run out.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:30 am

They are sennheisers - well, they're probably closer to 400 USD, 600 NZD. I'll contact them.. but like I said, they're older - I'll cross my fingers :p
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:11 am

What kind of mixing did he do? Film industry or something?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:26 am

I think he got the same grade his dad uses.. his dad is a sound editor by profession and he took a shining to that also. he's done a number of things but I'm positive he got headphones that are really up there. not sure the model offhand, just know he got them when they were a brand new model but that was ages ago.

that was a great idea too toss, thanks. i contacted sennheiser and they said just to get an RMA and they'll fix them. if I can't find the receipt it might cost me but it sounds like they're happy to do it.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:23 pm

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/pr ... sid=502188 these ones. 250 USD now, and he got them when they were new.. so years ago, more expensive then.. plus everything costs more over there
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:25 pm

Sennheisers are the best phones made IMO.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:40 pm

these headphones are really amazing.. he had to get them when he was getting his sound engineering degree for production I guess. i just wanted to link you them since you seemed so baffled by the price =)
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:44 pm

nah, I figured it was in NZ dollars or something. There are lots of 2-$400 phones but I've never seen any more expensive than that.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to Tech Support