Vista and gaming

Ask the few things google does not know

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Vista and gaming

Postby brinstar » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:58 am

Narrock wrote:I hear nothing but problems and headaches from people who are running Vista. Windows XP Pro has always been stable for me, and I never have problems with it.

same

i think i'll be able to get vista for $10 once i start school, but i will probably wait a while
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:48 pm

Martrae wrote:I haven't had any issues with it playing EQ2.

In fact I haven't had any Vista issues at all.

i'm kind of indifferent to vista. i have it on my laptop (when i bought it, vista was the only option offered for a new system) and i really don't have any complaints, although WoW runs kind of slow (or so josh says; i don't really have a frame of reference since i never played it on my desktop or any other desktop).

otherwise, meh. vista just isn't that big a deal imo. except in folder navigation--they don't have that green arrow to push to go in the next folder up anymore (if that makes sense).
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tikker » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:18 am

I just vista so unintuitive compared to XP

like, take your laptop over to someone else's place, and attempt to go find out how to join their workgroup

jebus that took us like 15 minutes to find (every time!)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby LostCause » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:34 am

For some reason when new things come out people automatically trash the older model, sometimes the newer model isn't good...

XP is flat out better then Vista in everyway possible...the only thing I like about Vista is the sweet thing it does when you tab out of pages and when you put your mouse cursor over a tabbed page it shows you whats going on in there still...
LostCause
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Naethyn » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:33 pm

I installed Vista and EQ1 did not work. I had to reinstall XP. A buddy of mine also has Vista and couldn't play for the same reason.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gidan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:58 pm

I may not be a fan of windows in general, however there are some things that vista did well. For example, the way it handles weird hardware is much better then XP. I threw an ancient, generic tv tuner into a vista box, it found it, didn't have the drives build it, however it found the drives, told me the make and manufacturer for the card, the company web page and a direct link on that page to the drives I needed. XP told me I had an unknown device, it couldn't even tell me what kind of device it was.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:38 am

Fuck I hate trying to use Vista. Can't even update a fucking game without that goddamn user account control shit.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:44 am

Durothil Skyreaver wrote:Fuck I hate trying to use Vista. Can't even update a fucking game without that goddamn user account control shit.

Turn it off. If you turn off UAC on first boot, your Vista experience will be much better. SP1 has made it a much better experience as well. It's worth loading.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:01 am

SP1 out now? Thought it wasn't available for a couple more weeks.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:05 pm

Tossica wrote:
Durothil Skyreaver wrote:Fuck I hate trying to use Vista. Can't even update a fucking game without that goddamn user account control shit.

Turn it off. If you turn off UAC on first boot, your Vista experience will be much better. SP1 has made it a much better experience as well. It's worth loading.

I have turned it off now, much better. SP1? I wasn't aware it was out.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Martrae wrote:SP1 out now? Thought it wasn't available for a couple more weeks.

Well, the version I am using is the real deal. I assumed it was out for everyone but maybe just MSDN or Technet or something. It's solid so far.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Previous

Return to Tech Support