Mailto links on Mac OSX 10.5.2

Ask the few things google does not know

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Mailto links on Mac OSX 10.5.2

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 am

We're a groupwise shop and I'm trying to get mailto links to open a new message in Groupwise 7.0 from Safari and Firefox. I changed the default mail client from mac mail to Groupwise in prefs, but when I click on a mailto link on the web, it only opens up groupwise, and does not create a new message with the mail address filled in.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: Mailto links on Mac OSX 10.5.2

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:39 am

Blah, this was supposed to be in the Tech Support forum...can a mod move when able? Thanks.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:49 am

I haven't worked with Groupwise in years but it sounds like OSX and Safari/Firefox are doing their job. There has to be a setting somewhere in Groupwise prefs that controls whether it can handle links from browsers.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Grusum Ogre » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Tossica wrote:I haven't worked with Groupwise in years but it sounds like OSX and Safari/Firefox are doing their job. There has to be a setting somewhere in Groupwise prefs that controls whether it can handle links from browsers.

/wave Toss

We are also a Groupwise shop but unfortunately dont use Mac OS. There is not a setting that I can find in Groupwise that controls links in browsers, it only deals with links in emails. On the Windows side the settings are controlled in the options area of Windows itself.

Sorry I couldnt help more
Grusum Ogre
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Yeah on the windows side, everything works as advertised. Even on the Mac side, with MacMail set as default, the mailto works fine.

I haven't tried another client like Thunderbird yet, but we don't allow that anyway for users.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Grusum Ogre wrote:
Tossica wrote:I haven't worked with Groupwise in years but it sounds like OSX and Safari/Firefox are doing their job. There has to be a setting somewhere in Groupwise prefs that controls whether it can handle links from browsers.

/wave Toss

We are also a Groupwise shop but unfortunately dont use Mac OS. There is not a setting that I can find in Groupwise that controls links in browsers, it only deals with links in emails. On the Windows side the settings are controlled in the options area of Windows itself.

Sorry I couldnt help more

Hey Grusum! Still bucking the MS system huh? hehe. Resistance is futile!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to Tech Support