MSAccess Query Blues

Ask the few things google does not know

Moderator: Dictators in Training

MSAccess Query Blues

Postby kaharthemad » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 am

ok running into a small problem. I am trying to simplify 12 different excell spreadsheets that a small group of IT techs use on a daily basis into one access database. I have all but one part of the database complete but i am having a problem with my queries.

I have to generate a report each date with the tickets I have generated and or work orders completed. My problem is that when i generate the query it does not show any of the ticket generated that day.
I have it set up with a field in the query called "datecreated' with Now() for the input. I have limited the date group to just '##-##-##'

In my query I have placed the following in the Date created area's criteria

Between Date and Date+1.

What am I doing wrong on this?

If need be I can edit the data and post a link to download if it would help.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: MSAccess Query Blues

Postby Naethyn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:55 am

I've not worked with MSAccess much but I do know that you're trying to add an integer to a date time variable. Use the DateAdd() method to increment the date variable.

http://www.techonthenet.com/access/func ... ateadd.php
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: MSAccess Query Blues

Postby Lueyen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:24 pm

can you post the sql from the query? Access generate SQL is usually god awful, but It will show exactly what your query is doing.

Oh and "##.##.##" as a format filter may do very different things then you expect, Use "mm.dd.yy" instead.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Return to Tech Support