FTP problems

Ask the few things google does not know

Moderator: Dictators in Training

FTP problems

Postby KaiineTN » Wed May 06, 2009 3:56 am

My trial for Flash FXP expired, and I can't seem to access my ftp server using any other programs. I've tried FileZilla, IE, Firefox, etc., usually they connect and then the connection immediately gets reset.

Is there something I can do on my end to fix this? I don't understand why only Flash FXP would work, unless it somehow changes some settings so that only their program works in order to get you to buy a license when the trial is up.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: FTP problems

Postby vonkaar » Wed May 06, 2009 6:57 am

go into dos
type ftp
open flinksftp.com
username
password

Do you connect? If not, what error do you see?
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Tikker » Wed May 06, 2009 6:31 pm

KaiineTN wrote:My trial for Flash FXP expired, and I can't seem to access my ftp server using any other programs. I've tried FileZilla, IE, Firefox, etc., usually they connect and then the connection immediately gets reset.

Is there something I can do on my end to fix this? I don't understand why only Flash FXP would work, unless it somehow changes some settings so that only their program works in order to get you to buy a license when the trial is up.

what's your FTP server?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gidan » Thu May 07, 2009 12:28 am

Guess to put the last couple posts together.

What OS is running on your server?
What ftp server is running?
Do you have root/Administrator access to the server?
If so, what info is available in your log files.

Feel free to PM me a testing username, password and IP for your ftp server and I will be happy to run some tests from my server and see if there is any information I can come up with for you.

The ftp server really shouldn't care what ftp client is being used to access it. But to really diagnose the issue, more info is going to be needed.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Tech Support