Radeon help

Ask the few things google does not know

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Radeon help

Postby Jeddas » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:29 pm

Radeon 7200. Dell optiplex gx1.

Ok, typing this with a broken keyboard, so ill be straightforward.

Since DX9...
I log in and find extreme video lag. Very Choppy Framerates. Sometimes when I zone I enter an uncolored/partially so world, which has my UI letter characters turned into colored blocks rather then text. (ill post a pic later)

I turn on EQ and get the message to update to version 6430 or whatever drivers. I went to the site, got the drivers, installed them properly, and still I have the same problems, and still I get the update your drivers message, even though system properties say the drivers are there.

Often I reboot to come back to a "No 3D deveice found" message, which can be remeded by trying over and over usuially.

My system properties say my drivers are not WHQL signed. My directx9 has been redownloaded and installed and it sees no errors, though often times after getting the no 3D message, I enter to find it saying that I should bi-pass loading directdraw because it had errors in the last load.

Ive tried alternative calist (or whatever) drivers.

When I turn off my UI (f10) this helps/fixes the video lag, but to fix the color shading I have to alt+enter, which sometimes works, and sometimes also helps the video lag. Ive tried low graphic UI's, with no suscess.

I talked on the sony tech board, with no suscess as well. As far as I know my card isnt fried or anything since this happened after Dx9 was added, and was using dx9 long before it was required. The settings on my card should be good as well.

- Any help appriciated, otherwise ill continue my dance of alt enter, f10 to travel, and the hell that comes my way before I finally fix this.
Jeddas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Martrae » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:07 pm

Try taking out your card, uninstalling all drivers and replacing the card.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jeddas » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:31 pm

To go more on the part about drivers not working after reboot: They say they are not directx9 supported (even though they are) the second time they load. So ive reverted to older drivers and threw my screen to 1024x768 instead of the 1200x1000ish crap I usuially do and it seems to help a lot, though I still zone into this a lot. Ill try the above suggestion.

http://www.geocities.com/jeddasbardicfighter/myscren.jpg
Jeddas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Minrott » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:12 am

1. Hold box in air.
2. Drop it directly over foot
3. Punt
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:49 pm

Your UI might be lagging you up as well.

The new combat skills window used to SERIOUSLY lag me down if it was open, even if behind a window and not visible.

I put it back to default (just that piece) and it seemed to work out fine from there. *shrug* Just another odd bug I suppose.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to Tech Support