Help meeee

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Help meeee

Postby Dylan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:12 pm

Okay, maybe its rediculous but I just scared the shit out of myself by looking at the pictures of fat people that folks have been posting lately and I'm afraid of becoming that.

I'm 16 years old and have had a belly for longer than I can remember, I got small man-boobs and well... I'm 5'10 and weigh 190 pounds.

What kind of daily workout can I do in the privacy of my own home? I've been trying to do sit ups and push ups but I need more than that I think. Do you think jumping rope is good?

Any suggestions would help alot, thanks.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby DangerPaul » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:23 pm

stop drinking pop and spending all day on your computer
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Dylan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:28 pm

I only have a few (1-2) cans of soda a week, and I only spend like 2 hours max on the computer.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:43 pm

Jump rope is good.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:29 am

Start off with pushups and situps in the AM. If you can get up to 50 of each, it should help tone you and get your metabolism going. If you want to really burn calories, learn how to do Hindi Pushups.

Jumping rope is a high impact workout, and not the best for weight loss. If you can sustain it then it'll be fine. I'd suggest walking more for a start. A good, long walk is great for revving up your metabolism.

The absolute best way to get in shape is to jog. If you could jog four days a week, 30 to 40 minutes the pounds would melt off you.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:38 am

If you've got any extra cash, looking to joining a nearby YMCA. They're usually fairly cheap and should have a pool. Swimming is abosultely the bext exercise you can do - but if you're set on doing it at home... Lyion offered some good tips.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Mop » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 am

are you doing anything else now?
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Dylan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:49 pm

I've just tried sit ups and push ups and stuff like that, but if you could lay out a schedule a plan of some sort that would be easier for me to follow that would be great.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:52 pm

If your ankles and knees can take the beating do the jogging as suggested.

When I was jogging I was down to 225 and I could jog 7+ miles no problem.

Now I take a break halfway through it and then do it back. (if I don't fuck up my ankles by that point) We won't even get into shin splints...if you have those forget jogging.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:19 am

pushups and situps are good they do a good job of getting the entire body but miss a whole lot.

JUmp rope is awesome, 20 minutes of intervals 30 seconds on 30 seconds rest will burn as many calories as running will with less impact on the body and less muscle burn, it just takes a bit to get up to 30 seconds. if you can find one for cheap a balance ball they are realativly cheap and will change everything

With no weights/body weight resistance I would say a weight work out 3 times in a circut format

Leg Raises
alt/arm leg for back
Sit ups
Dips
Pushups
Lunges
Pull ups ( if you can find a place to do them )
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:29 am

I would also highly recommend you start to look at the foods you eat, create a record for a week and look at it and it will show you wear a problem is.

Also try and be as active as possible during the day walk around, ect.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Dylan » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:03 pm

Will do~
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:12 pm

If you want to go super cheap, use big cans of food (Bush's Baked Beans is what I used) as weights and do your arm raises with those. Use your couch for your legs (sit on the edge and without any help from anything else, lift yourself off the couch slowly and slowly back down, without sitting down, your butt barely touching the seat).
That's my suggestion for free equipment and easy little things.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby liquidstayce » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:29 pm

1 gallon water jugs are great too for extra resistance
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:52 pm

definitely just keep an eye on what you eat. sometimes just changing your diet can make a huge difference that will inspire you to kickstart other parts of your routine--for example, when i changed my eating habits radically and really started to drop pounds, it motivated me to get more active so i could speed the process along further. one year and 65 pounds later, i feel fucking great.

also, i agree that walking is fantastic. it's working out without FEELING like working out; it gets your heart going and wakes your body up. just an hour-long brisk walk 4 or 5 times a week will make you feel like a different person.

plus i've been told that several small meals a day > two or three big ones, but i'm still working on getting that settled. it feels weird to me so i haven't quite gotten the hang of it.

keep us posted to how things are going!

p.s. sorry for the bump but i am slow to get around to reading forums!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Malluas » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:48 pm

i would say walkin 30 mins a day and gradually moving that up would help also.. i am a lazy bastard and keep postponing losing weight myself.

All i can do is situps really cause of all that surgery with my shoulder.

And what leah said.. watch what you eat. Maybe if you can buy some skinless chicken breasts.. cook those with some salt and pepper (for some flavor) and make a salad with them. And use italian dressing less fat in that than ranch or blue cheese etc.

thats what i ate when i was around 200lbs... went away from that and i am 250 now lol
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum