Did yall niggaz die

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Did yall niggaz die

Postby Narrock » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:00 pm

brinstar wrote:
Markarado wrote:Marijuana certainly has some negative effects on a persons life if they don't handle it properly.

let me be the first to agree with this

That's true with a lot of things, but with weed, use = abuse.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Afraid I disagree with you completely on that one, Mindia.

If you look on the net, you can find any number of studies showing that marijuana is far less harmful long term to users than is alcohol. Also, pot has no chance of physical addiction, whereas alcohol most certainly does. (Psychological addiction is, of course, an entirely different kettle of fish.)

That's leaving aside all of the domestic violence that is fueled by alcoholism as well.

Certainly, NO drug is healthy for a non-adult, period. But for adults, well, that's a matter of personal choice whether to use or not, in my opinion. I know multiple people with 6 figure incomes, families, etc. who are regular pot smokers. Hardly a drain on society, wouldn't you agree?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 pm

I don't associate with dope smokers, or alcoholics, and nobody in our family or circle of friends smokes cigarettes either. As far as dope smokers being a strain on society? No I don't think so either, but legalizing it increases its use and availability. I'm all for States' rights, as long as the judges aren't liberal activists who legislate from the bench to advance the leftist agenda.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:13 pm

...but it's okay when judges are conservative activists who legislate from the bench to advance the rightist agenda. got it.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Markarado » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:30 am

You are an extremely judgemental person, Mindia. Pull the plank out of your own eye first.

Also, you can't equate a dope smoker to an alcohol. You could compare a pot head (not the same as a dope smoker) to an alcohol, but even then it wouldn't be an equal comparison.

So you simply won't be friends with someone because they smoke cigarettes?
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:37 am

brinstar wrote:...but it's okay when judges are conservative activists who legislate from the bench to advance the rightist agenda. got it.

So predictable... No, just judges who advocate common sense, upholding the constitution, and upholding a highly ethical and moral turpitude. It just so happens that those attributes are most commonly associated with conservatism.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:54 am

Markarado wrote:You are an extremely judgemental person, Mindia. Pull the plank out of your own eye first.

Also, you can't equate a dope smoker to an alcohol. You could compare a pot head (not the same as a dope smoker) to an alcohol, but even then it wouldn't be an equal comparison.

So you simply won't be friends with someone because they smoke cigarettes?

Hey, we're all judgmental to a certain degree so get off your high horse already. And no, I don't want to breathe second-hand smoke, so sitting even outside with people who smoke isn't something that's enjoyable to me. Also, cigarette smoke sticks to your skin, your hair, and your clothes. I don't want my couch or anywhere else they sat to wreak of smoke. What cracks me up is when a smoker washes his/her hands and chews a piece of gum after smoking, as if that does anything to mask their foul stench. Hint: It doesn't. My daughter has asthma too, and any smoke will irritate her lungs.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Markarado » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:11 am

Not really sure how to reply to that. Nobody is asking you to allow smoke around your daughter. Choosing not to be friends with someone or allow them in your home because they smoke is ....well.. kinda fucked up.
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:27 am

Markarado wrote:Not really sure how to reply to that. Nobody is asking you to allow smoke around your daughter. Choosing not to be friends with someone or allow them in your home because they smoke is ....well.. kinda fucked up.

Ok, so it's fucked up. It's a personal choice. Are you being judgmental?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Markarado » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 am

No, that doesn't make me judgemental.

I'm not perfect. I can be judgemental at times. You're on a level by yourself though.
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 am

Markarado wrote:No, that doesn't make me judgemental.

I'm not perfect. I can be judgemental at times. You're on a level by yourself though.
:rolleyes:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Narrock wrote:
brinstar wrote:...but it's okay when judges are conservative activists who legislate from the bench to advance the rightist agenda. got it.

So predictable... No, just judges who advocate common sense, upholding the constitution, and upholding a highly ethical and moral turpitude. It just so happens that those attributes are most commonly associated with conservatism.

wrong
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Previous

Return to Cap's Alehouse