Hi! Shall we?

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Hi! Shall we?

Postby KaiineTN » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Free to play EQ this weekend? The classic experience! Let's make human and barbarians, tailor some patchwork, and do Blackburrow. Screw that starter zone.

Keep in mind you can only do warrior, cleric, wizard, or rogue if you're on a free account and don't purchase additional classes.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Hi! Shall we?

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey Flink what do you do for a living?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby KaiineTN » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 pm

I am a software engineer, tutor, video tutorial producer, game developer, freelancer, investor. Other ventures pending and will remain undisclosed.

Less that, more EQ. Anyone?
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Get the fuck outta here before I have to give you another verbal beating. Your a little punk bitch and no one here wants to talk to you let alone play everquest with you. How about you drop dead like the rest of your confederate brethren.
Last edited by Spazz on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:05 am

hooooooly hell right off the bat rofl
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:14 am

I dont like that guy.

WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:59 am

just play p99. real eq is retarded now. mercenaries? "hey guys let's make our mmo a single player game basically". everybody just boxes. the game is a wash now
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:11 am

Jay wrote:Hey Flink what do you do for a living?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby KaiineTN » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Drem wrote:just play p99. real eq is retarded now. mercenaries? "hey guys let's make our mmo a single player game basically". everybody just boxes. the game is a wash now

No intention of getting into all that. Just want some lowbie fun. Play it like its all classic. Hit up Crushbone or Blackburrow, maybe Unrest. No twinking and such.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tuggan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:37 pm

i was a druid and couldn't find groups so i basically played EQ solo :(
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:47 am

KaiineTN wrote:
Drem wrote:just play p99. real eq is retarded now. mercenaries? "hey guys let's make our mmo a single player game basically". everybody just boxes. the game is a wash now

No intention of getting into all that. Just want some lowbie fun. Play it like its all classic. Hit up Crushbone or Blackburrow, maybe Unrest. No twinking and such.

so thats basically why you should play p99. because eq in its current state is not eq anymore. it's ezmode eq

not to mention the p99 server has near 1k ppl sometimes, and still has 300 at 3am pacific. and it's only up to kunark... all you can do is classic

if you play eq and try to go to crushbone it will be empty. there's a tutorial zone for the first 10 lvls now and merc play for everything after and much more effecient newbie zones than what you just talked about. like i said, eq is a wash now. you'll have fun seeing the graphics again and getting a dude to lvl 8 and then be over it because fucking nobody wants to group anymore at all. most people won't even respond to tells even if they're active and moving around in front of you. i get tired of eq real quick nowadays

i had tons of fun playing w/ 10sun and yamori in the DoDH days but it's never come close to that since. and that was like what, 5 or 6 years ago now?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:03 am

I'd play my SK twink, but my paladin is boring in old content and useless in new. It goes from being able to swarm kill entire zones to being unable to tank single mobs.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Drem » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:43 pm

ya that's pretty accurate. it scales up so fast it's stupid. the last time i logged on it had been a couple expansions since the last time we played and considering the raid shit we used to have, i was buying better stuff for 5k in the bazaar....

what's the deal with old accounts? anybody done this yet? can i log mine in and play my old guys or is it a separate client and when you're paying 14.99 you have your normal dudes? because it says you get 2 character slots if you play free... i already had 8 dudes on my accounts
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 am

I have way too many games in my queue and way too little time to consider EQ again. Plus, EQ's F2P scheme sucks as bad as their EQ2 one.

I just finished ME3, been playing Demon's Souls <I hate you Toss>, and Amalur Reckoning. Also, been playing some Portal 2 multi player too lately. Still have three or four other games I'd like to sit down and mess around with. I'm not even done with Skryim yet.

Heck, I can't even be bothered to play WOW even when I get a free week. EQ just has not aged that well. They really need to completely revamp it, and not in the EQ2 manner.

Try this again winter time, Flink. Right now the weather has been awesome and theres just a metric ton of good games to play. It figures that'd be when Smed makes EQ F2P. He remains an idiot asshat.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:49 am

I logged in over the weekend and went through the tutorial. There were a million toons so it was a bit chaotic. I got frustrated when the tutorial was done and I was dumped in some unfamiliar zone. Crescent something. WTF? I couldn't figure out how to get to any recognizable content so I logged out.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby KaiineTN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Starting city defaults to Crescent Reach for all races now, I think. You have to select Qeynos or whatever at the beginning. Then you can also unselect the option to enter the tutorial.

Make a barbarian. Kill some polar bear cubs while hearing the wind. Run away from the Vengeful Lyricist. Tailor yourself some large tattered armor. Good times.

Also, Demon's Souls is fucking brutal.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 pm

I think I tried to choose a different city but didn't have an option. Could be because I rolled a Troll and I guess Grobb is a Froglok city now? Maybe the Trolls don't have a starting city.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby KaiineTN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Maybe. I'm not sure what they did with Trolls. I figured they just threw them in Oggok or something. Guess not?
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:29 am

no, trolls got displaced to neriak foreign quarter for a few years. then they got grobb back. froglok city/outpost is in rathe mountains. crescent reach was from..... the serpent's spine i think. drakkin city. the hub for doing armor quests for raid content in TSS. in the lore it's some supposedly newly discovered land in those mountains on your old everquest maps between everfrost & lavastorm. i dunno why they made it everyone's starting city. might have to do with F2P....

which is what i was asking before. if you log on the F2P shit do you still have your old characters? sounds like no? is there server selection or just "the free server" or something?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 am

The only servers I didn't see were the Progression servers. My guess is that if your characters aren't of the free class/race variety, they won't show up until you buy those races/classes with sony points.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Tossica wrote:The only servers I didn't see were the Progression servers. My guess is that if your characters aren't of the free class/race variety, they won't show up until you buy those races/classes with sony points.

I was able to log in with Durothil. lost some bag slots in inventory, and I have to remove all my augs in order to get the stats from them.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby KaiineTN » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

You can get your bags back from a guy in PoK, do a find and look for the Parcels guy.

I seem to have a subscription active at the moment, but never set it up. Maybe they're giving people coming back some time to get into it before making them pay to unlock their character or whatever.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:08 am

So, with these Mercenaries you can gain a level every 10 minutes. WTF? I assume you can still play the "old school" way if you want and just ignore all the new shit, right?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:10 pm

no not really because all mechanics and systems have been reworked over the years. it's just much easier in general to do better in the game. i told you guys to play project 1999 if you want to play classic EQ
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Much of the change, I don't really mind. I don't mind being able to warp all over the game in a few minutes, the little SoW clicky you get at the start, having gear with decent stats on it, AA's, faster levelling, etc. I like the idea of being able to solo or duo what used to take a full group. I would think that if you wanted to, you could stick to old world content and just pretend that all the other shit doesn't exist or whatever. I don't care for the whole wicked armor and weapons dropping off of trash mobs though. Pretty lame.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Next

Return to Cap's Alehouse