I hate Gangnom Style

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: I hate Gangnom Style

Postby Tossica » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Drem wrote:
Tossica wrote:
Harrison wrote:I agree with Drem. I've stopped piling up a massive MP3 collection for some time now because of Spotify.

I pay the $9.99 a month to get it on my phone, too. Great for running.

What? Paying for music? Inconceivable! I thought just buying a t-shirt or going to a show now and then was all the compensation the music industry deserved?

quit being a dumbass. spotify is like the proving grounds for whether or not i buy the LP. i'm not gonna drop $20 on something if i don't even know if it's worth it or not. i wouldn't know about half the music i listen to if it weren't for blogs, pandora, and spotify. and so i've purchased a lot of new LPs recently that i otherwise would've just went right past. i don't see how it hurts the "industry" in any way. they're getting people to think about bands they forgot about and to check out all sorts of great new music

and considering bands have to tour nonstop to make it anyway these days, and rely on ticket and merch sales to be able to put out new records, i don't really care how well their albums sell or if they get platinum as long as i get a copy of the ones i want :)

I wasn't talking to you. In the past, Finawin has proudly claimed that he steals everything he listens to/watches. I was giving him shit for the actual exchange of money for goods/services provided.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:13 pm

ClakarEQ wrote:Leah, I manage the cell devices at work here and FWIW, people "think" they need unlimited but the truth is, nearly no one goes over 2GB and I've yet to see someone breach 5GB. You've got one of those two plans I assume.

I even had one guy, who was getting his living room redone, used his iPhone to stream media to his TV for almost 2 weeks. He DID go over 2GB but only about .5GB. At ~$10 per GB over, I wouldn't think you'd have to worry much.

Just sayin . . .

I routinely go over 10gb a month on my plan; 4G LTE is faster than cable around here by a landslide (25/12 vs 10/1.5) and I find myself using that instead of my home connection too often ><
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:46 pm

On a related note, I have my phone set to automatically connect to my home wifi as soon as it's available. Does that help with my data usage or does it count against me just the same?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:11 pm

i hit 18G in a month once, but that was with high-quality pandora like 10 hours a day
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:51 pm

leah wrote:On a related note, I have my phone set to automatically connect to my home wifi as soon as it's available. Does that help with my data usage or does it count against me just the same?

Wifi doesn't go against your data plan.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:39 am

Harri is correct, it does not, that is why things like skype on your phone via wifi is a "sweet spot" for free voice calls. We're looking to save thousands per month doing this for the global travelers.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:20 am

sweet. i use wifi at home and at work so i guess i should be fine data-wise. though i'd like to use spotify in the car for my commute? i guess we'll see how that goes. :mystery:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Previous

Return to Cap's Alehouse