Need reality check here

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Need reality check here

Postby leah » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Jay wrote:I'm watching last Monday's episode again and now I can't stop noticing the laugh track. You just ruined HIMYM for me leah.

crap. sorry. i totally shattered your glass :cry:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Drem » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Ya f laugh tracks. Ruins the whole flow of comedy because everybody stops talking for five seconds after every punchline
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 am

Agreed on laugh track. Some old stuff is still watchable like Cheers and Seinfeld, but I can't watch much new stuff even if it's decent. It's just so arrogant to assume the laughs.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Snero » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 am

little bit late getting to the thread but my take on the Benoit thing is that it's more of a tragedy than anything, they were all victims, Benoit included. The guy was suffering from all kinds of brain trauma, from what I've read suffered depression and wasn't in his right mind when he did what he did.

Talking about Benoit makes me sad more than angry
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 am

Snero wrote:little bit late getting to the thread but my take on the Benoit thing is that it's more of a tragedy than anything, they were all victims, Benoit included. The guy was suffering from all kinds of brain trauma, from what I've read suffered depression and wasn't in his right mind when he did what he did.

I think that's more so why the WWE doesn't talk about it, because they don't want to remind people that they’re complicit.
Last edited by Zanchief on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Kaemon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 am

Snero wrote:little bit late getting to the thread but my take on the Benoit thing is that it's more of a tragedy than anything, they were all victims, Benoit included. The guy was suffering from all kinds of brain trauma, from what I've read suffered depression and wasn't in his right mind when he did what he did.

Agreed, I'm sure Steroids didn't help either. Whether he stopped taking them by then still could have done damage to his mental state of mind.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Spazz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Fuck that Benoit is not a victim hesa murderer. Tons of athletes over the last 30 years have juiced and gotten bashed in the skull andyet killed no one. Do we pity the rapist who was diddled or these obviously broken mass shooters? No why because they are monsters and Benoit is no different.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm more amazed people still watch it than any of the rest of this conversation.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Spazz wrote:Fuck that Benoit is not a victim hesa murderer. Tons of athletes over the last 30 years have juiced and gotten bashed in the skull andyet killed no one. Do we pity the rapist who was diddled or these obviously broken mass shooters? No why because they are monsters and Benoit is no different.

Head trauma affects people differently. The fact that he is a murderer doesn't make him any less the victim of whatever head thing he was going through.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:16 pm

you can't call him the victim of something he chose to do

this isn't workers unknowingly exposed to asbestos or something people should feel sorry about
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 pm

You want the short answer to why I watch it its fun. I enjoy the spots and the over the top characters and no one uses and an indoor voice. I love run ins and backroom clearing brawls and stories of heros and villains . Ryback (fave guy atm)is a goldbergish monster and I want to see if hell become a star. His catch line of feed me more has become a joke with myself whenever im all baked out raiding the kitchen. Dolph Ziggler is like a modern hbk and works and sells so hard you cant help but like him and be reminded of the past era. Cena is the ultimate good guy and in real life I see bad people get ahead everywhere and at least in wrestling world good usually comes out on top. Then you got Daniel Bryan whos a rea llife Bjj guy and he uses it in his matches blurringthe line between real and fake all while rocking a sweet beard. Those are my 4 guys and every week im hooked on what will happen next.

If you want me to get really deep I have watched wrestling off and on my entire life that I can remember and I always seem to come back to it when im going through a rough patch. It reminds me of my mom and how she put up with watching it with me as a kid cuz my pops wasnt around and other happy memories like that. The hbk hart iron man match was a blast my moms wasnt really a fan so to speak but even she got into it and we had a lot of fun. She also hated and I mean hated rick flair and would dis him and make her noise of disgust whenever he was around and thinking back on it also makes me smile. It adds normalcy to my life when it feels like things are anything but basicly.

Harrison I hope that you like my answer I thought long and hard while sleep deprived and now im analyzing my entire life.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:04 am

leah wrote:
Jay wrote:I'm watching last Monday's episode again and now I can't stop noticing the laugh track. You just ruined HIMYM for me leah.

I don't know if anyone else is picking up on this reference but FYI, Leah, I get it.

Anyway.. back to murderous famous people. For one, if you choose a career that puts you in the public eye, you will and should be held to a higher standard. You get paid a bajillion katrillion dollars to deal with the stresses of upholding that standard. No pity for you, no fuck to give. If you can't be good at your job and at the worst make normal human mistakes vice, you know, going off the deep end and killing people, perhaps you don't deserve a bajillion katrillion dollars to be in the spotlight. If I couldn't perform a function of my job, I wouldn't expect to keep that job. I don't know why being famous exempts people from that.

2: no one said being a horrible person who cannot control the desire to slice people into small pieces makes you less talented at the only thing you're good at. But again, everyone is great at something. If at your very core you are a horrible person who tortures and kills people, in my eyes your "famous" talents are of no consequence and there is positively no reason to discuss them. And Zan, really.. KG is a complete douchebag, no doubt, but him being a douchebag cannot by any stretch of the imagination be compared to Benoit murdering his family or Vick drowning/electrocuting/yanking teeth out of dogs and thrusting them into rape racks as baby making machines. Being an asshole isn't a desirable trait, but it's a pretty normal human trait and relatively harmless. It doesn't begin to touch being a sociopath or psychopath inflicting permanent harm or torturing living beings.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Spazz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:29 am

I figured the shattered glass was a reference to the texas rattlesnake stone cold mutha fuckin steve austin.

Ive given out a stunner or two in my time but I preferred the rock bottom cuz you could do it without hurting yourself or your friends. Onetime I rock bottomed my ex through our bed though that shit was comical. She was next to the bed and I shot up and grabbed her and when we hit the bed frame busted likea mother fucker.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby leah » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 am

Gypsiyee wrote:
leah wrote:

I don't know if anyone else is picking up on this reference but FYI, Leah, I get it.

ha, thanks. it seemed very fitting, but probably would've been more effective had there been more HIMYM fans. ;)
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Previous

Return to Cap's Alehouse