Thoughts after 2 hours reading old NT threads

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Thoughts after 2 hours reading old NT threads

Postby vonkaar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:25 pm

I had a long day of waiting around for emails, so I sat here and read through a few hundred pages of ancient NT gold. Here are a few thoughts I had after the experience.

1) Holy shit, I used to care. I mean, I really REALLY got into some of those debates. Anti-Bush, pro-liberalism, DEATH-PENALTY debates... the 20-page long Dallas Mavericks analyses. I don't say shit online anymore; keeping my opinions pretty well to myself. Additionally, I used to write so much better back then. I thought that I would feel wiser as I grew older. :-x

In one thread (which I've now forgotten), someone said something like, "someday you are going to look back on this and realize how silly all of this wasted energy was..." yeah... :eyecrazy:

2) Taxx leaving NT was the beginning of the end. I honestly believe this. Every board needs a Taxx.

3) I saw several hilarious examples of failed prophecy. In 2005, predicting that Barack Obama would never win a major position because he's both too black and too conservative (wow). I also called Juliani one of my two favorite Republicans (along McCain). !!!

4) On the other hand, I also saw some amazing truths. Diekan had a scary-accurate portrayal of the Patriot Act (shortly after its signing) that now makes him look like a damned soothsayer; in light of Snowden.

5) Those few of us that (barely) remain at NT have mostly been here since the beginning. I think that's pretty cool. There weren't many obvious examples of some (now) major poster randomly showing up in 2008 or whatever. Y'all have stuck around since the start and that's craaaaazy.

99) This quote made me lolz:

Tossica wrote:I don't think Vonkaar's "Lyion being fellated by Finawin" GIF has been given enough respect.

That was classic.

Y'all should give it a try... There are likely so many old debates and interests that you've forgotten about entirely. Fun times.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Re: Thoughts after 2 hours reading old NT threads

Postby brinstar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 pm

i can attest to how fun this can be. i had mentioned hanging out with labbats back in the day and couldn't think of his NT name and in the process of trying to figure it out i came across (and bumped) the old NSA phone record thread from 06. shit was classic.

your major points are pretty valid except i hereby dispute section 2: taxx leaving NT was not the beginning of the end. taxx allowing kizzy to remove his testicles and keep them in a little jar on her dashboard was the beginning of the end. he certainly did not suddenly vanish from the NT and thus set in motion the board's decline - the end began with his overnight transformation from angry, lonely, furiously masturbating taxx into beaten, sniveling, rescue lapdog taxx. once that happened we all watched her drag him slowly out the door while his sorry nutless sack fluttered sadly in the breeze behind him like a failed revolution's white flag of surrender.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:50 pm

I laugh at myself and tug being assholes from time to time. Miss minrott and how mad niggaz used to get
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Flink and v-necks comes to mind for me for some reason.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 am

I think it really started to die as we all got more arrogant and ran people off (like flink)
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:24 am

Durothil Skyreaver wrote:Flink and v-necks comes to mind for me for some reason.

hahahahaha

nah fuck flink
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:40 am

SEE WHAT I MEAN
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:13 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 am

Losing Captain Insano made a difference too. He could be reliably counted on to lob a (often amusing) hand grenade into the middle of things.

RIP

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:00 am

Yeah, I read some of the shit I wrote way back and I hardly recognize it. Passionate, opinionated, multiple paragraph responses. I'm not sure at what point my posts started becoming so short but it was probably after pwning Finawin, Mindia or Ugzug for the 300th time.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:05 am

Wow, so many folks I had forgotten about. Where is everyone? Is there a way to send out a mass email from the admin panel and say "Sup?" to all the old schoolers?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:10 am

I thought I ran flink off when I went all pro wrestler on him when I was all messed up on pills. Hated that fucker.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby leah » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:16 am

the captain! sadface.

i don't know if i'm considered an OG but man i would be sad if we couldn't at least still pop in here from time to time and see how everyone's doing. <3

what ever happened to taxx, then? surely they're not still together. where's kizzy? and martrae, and her husband guy? and the lovely jennay, who i am glad to be FB friends with at least. and actually i think i'm still FB friends with flink too? maybe not.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tossica » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:46 am

Scoota, Lourdes, Minrott, DangerPaul, etc

someone get on this.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:44 am

Tossica wrote:Is there a way to send out a mass email from the admin panel and say "Sup?" to all the old schoolers?

easily
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Spazz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Send that email lets have an oldschool battle royal up in this bitch. Ill try to be nice to everyone cept flink who I really dont like.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby vonkaar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 pm

I haven't been in charge of NT for like, 5 years. Possibly more. I have no power here, though I dig that I'm still the original user (user2... user1=anonymous) and most of the admin shit (rules, images, emoticons, etc) were preserved from my reign of terror.

I think Arlos & Lyion are running it, though Gidan would likely still maintain the back end (even if he no longer posts). If security & user rights remains similar to the way I left it, any Admin could send a mass blast to all registered users - assuming people still keep the original email address from when they registered. I know I've changed mine 3-4x since then. Original was probably vonkaar @ euphoriaguild, or an ancient Lycos account...

anyway...

It's easy to do and I'd love to see life updates on some of the old crew.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Jay » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Reevex/Rigoberto and Meepers always cracked me up. Also Zennish.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:44 pm

yoshee
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:31 am

leah wrote:the captain! sadface.

i don't know if i'm considered an OG but man i would be sad if we couldn't at least still pop in here from time to time and see how everyone's doing. <3

what ever happened to taxx, then? surely they're not still together. where's kizzy? and martrae, and her husband guy? and the lovely jennay, who i am glad to be FB friends with at least. and actually i think i'm still FB friends with flink too? maybe not.

Martrae and her husband still play EQ2 last I heard from my Dad. (he played with them a bit)

Dangerpaul may too, can't remember.

Taxx can choke on dicks, though. He's a massive tool lol
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Xaiveir » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Not too long ago i spent quite a bit of time reading some of the old threads. Gotta say i miss the active board from back then. Good to still see some people around here.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey Xaiv! How goes the Baseball Scouting biz, if I remember right?

-Arlos

PS. Maybe you can give me your professional opinion as to why in hell Lincecum can't seem to pitch worth a flying fuck any more? rofl.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Xaiveir » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:44 am

Arlos wrote:Hey Xaiv! How goes the Baseball Scouting biz, if I remember right?

-Arlos

PS. Maybe you can give me your professional opinion as to why in hell Lincecum can't seem to pitch worth a flying fuck any more? rofl.

Hey Arlos!

Yep scouting is great. I consider myself about the luckiest person in the world that i get paid to watch baseball. :hiphop:

It is especially rewarding as i see players that i have scouted and had input on, being drafted and progressing in the minors.

As for Lincecum, yes i do know what the issue with him is. Do you want the long version...or the TLDR version of it? I've know Tim for a long while, i actually played baseball with his brother, and i have hit (well struck out is more accurate) against Tim. I know his dad very well, and i keep in contact with him.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Go ahead and PM me the long version. :)

Glad you're enjoying your job so much. Didn't know you knew Tim or his family personally, though. Very nice.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Next

Return to Cap's Alehouse