doggie advice

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

doggie advice

Postby leah » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:02 pm

so, you may or may not have seen my other post about losing our boy corgi, sam handwich. well, we still have lady corgi (april o'neill) and big dumb moose/yellow lab (bo) of course and i want to make sure we're correctly taking their feelings into account. we let them see sam after he was gone so they'd know what happened, but now i'm worried that april is becoming a little withdrawn. :\ we bought them new toys right away the next day after we lost sam, and we've been extra extra generous with the hugs and kisses and play, but is there anything else we should be doing?? i don't want either of them to be heartsick. poor little honeybears.

[waahhh waahhh debbie downer. sorry guys.]
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Re: doggie advice

Postby Drem » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:38 pm

stuff sam handwich and keep him in the living room and enjoy many more years of antics and practical jokes a la scrubs

but really, in the end, you probably can't do anything except give your dogs time to adjust
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:39 am

i actually proposed taxidermy but josh said it would be too cost-prohibitive and also creepy. sigh.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tikker » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:20 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 pm

well, yeah. i know. just really sad about the whole thing.

we got a card in the mail from the national arbor foundation (i think) that our vet made a donation to have a tree planted in sam's memory in a national forest in minnesota. <3
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:53 am

Dogs, like people, move on with time. Just be a little more liberal with the treats for a bit and they'll be fine.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Cap's Alehouse