Name for a new cat

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Name for a new cat

Postby Ganzo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:15 am

So I'm taking ideas for a name for our new male cat.

cat1.jpg

Background story:
For last few weeks there has been a cat screaming under our balcony at night and I would spot him once in a while walking a dog. Over last few days the cat got brave and started coming up to me and my wife while we were walking the dog, rubbing on us and obviously begging for food. Cat vas very skinny but did not act as a feral cat, plus there are no feral cats around our neighborhood. We felt bad for him so we gave him some food, since he was obviously starving - just a bag of bones. Yesterday I started asking my neighbors if they knew anything about this cat that is obviously trying to get into our building. Turns out the neighbors that live downstairs threw him out. He looks like a big cat but is only 6 month old kitten and apparently they got him but later decided they don't want him, they couldn't find anyone to give him away so they just tossed him outside. They were trying to cover it up and were lying and saying that they gave him away but he ran away and came back and that it only happened 3 days ago but I know he's been outside for about a month now because that is how long I've seen him out there. Anyway I told the neighbors that I'm taking the cat, my daughter was very happy last night and my dog was not :dunno:

cat2.jpg

cat3.jpg
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Re: Name for a new cat

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:06 am

Starving and abandoned. Tossed out by shit owners and has a rough life until he meets the family destined to take good care of him. I say name him Oliver. Based on Oliver Twist.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Forcibly removed from his home and left to fend for himself? What about Palestine?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Zanchief wrote:Forcibly removed from his home and left to fend for himself? What about Palestine?

Holy shit wow lol
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ganzo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Zanchief wrote:Forcibly removed from his home and left to fend for himself? What about Palestine?

:bj1: me
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tikker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:57 pm

superslam

anyway i'm seconding Oliver. it's a cheesy comparison to make (no offense jay) but it also happens to be a very good name for a cat.

alternate suggestion: name it Kiev. orange revolution, orange cat. Viktor also acceptable.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:59 pm

brinstar wrote:superslam

anyway i'm seconding Oliver. it's a cheesy comparison to make (no offense jay) but it also happens to be a very good name for a cat.

alternate suggestion: name it Kiev. orange revolution, orange cat. Viktor also acceptable.

None taken. I thought it was cheesy too but that's kinda why I liked it.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:11 pm

All joking aside, I thought Oliver was a cool name. Can be Ollie for short.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Ganzo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:42 pm

My daughter liked Oliver, I do too. It might be the name, unless I hear better idea
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby leah » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:29 am

oliver ftw!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gaazy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:37 pm

I like Palestine
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Ganzo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Oliver it is, he went to the Vet today and that was the name we used so it is official now.

Dog still freaked out and is being jealous that now not all attention is on him, although when they went to the Vet both were so scared they became friends
Attachments
cat4.jpg
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:11 pm

I feel like I accomplished something ^_^

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 pm

as i said oliver is a good name

but so is kiev ;\
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:12 pm

haha i just died
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Ganzo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:36 pm

brinstar wrote:as i said oliver is a good name

but so is kiev ;\

Kiev might sound as a good name to you, but for someone like me who was born in Kiev, it has no appeal, kind of like I wouldn't name him Detroit

Outside of the topic as far as the whole Orange Revolution, don't buy into the media hype. That shit was terrible for majority of the population, as it allowed the most corrupt government to come to power. I have a lot of family and friends who live there and with whom I speak on regular basis, and they told me that it is worse now that it was in the 90s and that period is known as the "Bloody 90s". Police and government officials take what they want, and if you disagree you end up dead.

Here are some examples:

My uncle in Kiev was one of the largest builders, a new chief of police hired him to build him a new house total cost was in excess of $4million dollars. He would not put any money down so my uncle had to take out loans just to buy materials and pay employees. Once the house was built the guy moved in, than said that he was not happy with some things so he will not pay for it(my uncle offered to change whatever was unsatisfactory but the guy refused as it was a pretense to not pay). My uncle was than told by this guy (chef of police for Kiev) that if he tries to lean a house or sue for money than one day ether my uncle or his wife will get pulled over and the arresting officer will find enough drugs and guns in their trunk to put them away for life. My uncle bit the bullet and took the losses which almost bankrupted his business, but six month later same guy came back and started demanding more money from him, so my uncle had to move his family out of the country because he was afraid for himself and his family's safety.

My old high school girlfriend in Kiev has a nice high end restaurant and banquet hall in downtown. One day a guy showed up and said he wanted to buy the restaurant for less than a half of the market value. She said no, and he told her that he had good connections and if she would refuse she'd be sorry. She ignored him but next month she started getting audits from every government agency possible. Over next 3 months she was closed for most of prime times and weekends for health code audits, fire marshal, building code, taxes, and every other possible audit you can imagine; most of them multiple times. At the end of 3 months same guy showed up asked how she liked the attention, than said that if she wouldn't sell it for half of what was offered then next week he would have city dig out the street and parking lot around her restaurant for next 6 month of plumbing repairs. She ended up selling for a quarter of the market price.

Was talking to a friend of mine who used to have multiple very successful large businesses. He now sold majority of his ownership in all of them and only has 10% of about 6 different companies. I asked if he got lazy and decided to live off of dividends and he said that it was not safe to be a majority owner in anything in Ukraine so he would rather not make the money he used to and stay alive and outside of jail.
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Return to Cap's Alehouse