Let's pretend for a moment...

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Let's pretend for a moment...

Postby Narrock » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:50 am

that Romney got elected in 2012. Do you think we'd be better off, worse off, or about the same as we are now? Take all typical political things into consideration, such as: Taxes (including gasoline tax); obamacare; foreign affairs; entitlement programs; our welfare system; other domestic issues etc. This is not a flame bait edition of this question, nor is it meant to be a trolltastic post. Just curious as to your answers and why you answer the way you do.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Let's pretend for a moment...

Postby Tossica » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:39 pm

For me personally, it doesn't really matter who is in the white house. I think the nation as a whole would be worse off. We'd have had another 4 years of the same shit GWB pulled.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ganzo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:44 pm

I'm long past the illusionary belief that who is in the White House makes a difference to how our country operates.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Things would be worse for sure if you make less than 6 figures a year, are elderly, gay, a student, a woman or in anyway impoverished. If you're a rich old white guy though, you'd have your party hat on.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:06 am

Jay wrote:Things would be worse for sure if you make less than 6 figures a year, are elderly, gay, a student, a woman or in anyway impoverished. If you're a rich old white guy though, you'd have your party hat on.

You're kidding right? Did you know that more than 50% of Bush's administration was minorities and women? That's the highest appointment of minorities and women to any presidential administration in US history, and Romney would most likely have followed that trend. Clinton's administration, by contrast, was comprised of approximately 33% minorities and women. As far as gay rights issues... those are determined by the judicial, not executive branch of government. Its easy and sophomoric to say, "yeah but the president appoints the supreme court justices.". While that is true, we all saw what good that did with a supposed "conservative majority in the US Supreme Court, with turncoat traitors. As far as students are concerned... yeah I'll give you that Democrats make life a little easier for them, but even that difference is not stark. And if you're a business owner, you're MUCH better off with having a conservative in office because of the decreases taxes which make you more solvent and profitable so you can hire more minorities and women. :-)
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to Cap's Alehouse