the Daily Journal

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

the Daily Journal

Postby Mop » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:31 am

This is Basically here for people to post in what they did for the day. this is one of the best ways to find out where you are lacking ...food exercise whatever. I do suggest people make a plan on fitday.com

So I'll Start with myself on

1/23/04

well last week was rough - my head was in the wrong place I was a little depressed as I don't think I can run anymore. I am going to take 8 weeks off from running to see what happens with my leg. for those that don't know I have Muscular Dystrophy ( Basically there is nothing I can do and I will slowly or quickly loose muscle through out my body ) My shoulders have always been weak - but my claf went from normal strength to no str what so ever with in weeks.

Well as a result of this running as become more and more difficult... I lost sleep from being in pain - and not being able to walk some days from it.

Anyways,

Today: my plan is to get in 45 min of cardio and a full upper body circut finished off with some light yoga / stretching

really this week I would just like to get my mind back in the correct setting. Doing a little detox to help out too while I am at it.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Shannan » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:50 am

1/23/05

Well I figured with all the drama around the house and everything that I wasnt eating much anyway so I decided to take this time to start cutting out cokes and fatty foods and to really watch my portion controll. I was eating 6 times a day and no more than 1 cup of food at a time. Things like fruit, salad, chicken ect. Completly cut out cokes,(which is a big one) and have been drinking only water. I also started to add tummy, leg and butt exercises to the beginning of practice to make sure that Im atleast getting those done 4x a week and the cardio from dancing all practice. I have been on and off the treadmill. I cant see to make myself do it consistantly. Anyway I have lots 5 pounds this week. My plan for the next week is to get on South Beach Diet because I havent been craving carbs in a while and that was always my excuse to not try it. My goal is to hit the treadmill (on top of the situps ect) 4-6 times this week. 4 being the very least~ Wish me luck!!!!!

Oh and ps for Mop, I hope your feeling better.
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:36 pm

I had to work late and my gym partner went without me again on Wednesday and Friday. Dropped the empty carbs from my intake, figured out unsweetened tea has even more of a kick than a pepsi in the morning. Trying to up weight gain with minial caloric intake, gaining weight is next to impossible for me, but everybody tells me that will change.

Cigarette consumption for this week was light, only four packs since Monday morning. Goal is to drop down to a pack a week by June. Started at 8 packs a week in December, but I am finding there are simply times that I can't avoid smoking.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby araby » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:11 pm

1-23
Last week was slow, I started full time work again for the first full week, fitting in my workout takes extra motivation now. I went from five times a week to only three, but I kept my portions small and did extra on Saturday. I'm not working out today, I've got a sinus headache (thanks to the ashes from my fireplace that blew into my face) and it hurts to move to quickly.

breakfast
black coffee, turkey bacon and grits

lunch
ham sandwich with chips :(

dinner
I'll be having chicken with something else, not sure what yet, probably salad
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:29 am

1/24

what a cold fucking morning. I am currently waiting on Stacy - this is a theme for anyone wishing to marry a jewish woman, they are on their own time frame and you will wait, sometimes 30 seconds sometimes 3 hours. Really a little advice here for any man planning on getting married for some crazy reason. Always plan a good hour difference between when she says you are leaving and when you are leaving, and tyring to force it to move faster just leads to a longer wait time. I suggest having a book to read by you all the time - this will lead to you at least having something to do.

It's like - something or other outside with the wind chill, my nuts finally came out of hiding from yesterday and now they are protesting living anywhere that snow is involved. I think they would like to move to lapaz mexico.

Anyways.

Today I plan on doing a nice lower body work out so that I can't walk in the afternoon - diet has been fairly consitent lately, I feel way better than I did last week at this time. Oh and lots of coffee as it is monday and my 8 and 9 clients canceled this morning -- so lots of coffee.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby leah » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:31 am

1/24

had a cup of coffee before i took :Boots: to the vet... about to go make some stirred eggs (yes STIRRED... not scrambled hehe) for breakfast and maybe have some strawberries if there're any left.

lunch i was thinkin i'd have a big ol' salad (mmmm green things) and then for dinner some meatballs and sauce... side dish yet to be determined.

today is a full day unfortunately--lots of homeworky type crap to do and then a 6hr shift at work, plus picking :Boots: up and going to the police station to license him--so i won't have too much time for exercise. i think i'm going to walk to and from class, and then later on tonight when i get off work, walk another couple of miles for good measure. have a good day, everyone!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Shannan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:14 am

Ok so starting South Beach today and my menu for the day is

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with veggies (bell pepper mushroom ect)
Snack: Celery with cream cheese (low fat of course)
Lunch: Mahi mahi with lemon, lime, cilantro and asparagus
Snack: String cheese (low fat)
Dinner: Garlic basil chicken and califlower mashed potatoes

Hit the treadmill today for 45 mins on incline and used weights to prevent me "cheating" on the mill. My legs burn!! Will do situps and ect at practice later on too.

And have a good day to you as well Leah :wiggle:
Last edited by Shannan on Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Phlegm » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:58 am

Hey Mop, why dont you have a thread for each day instead of just this one thread. That way you wont have a thread with a crap load of pages.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:11 pm

1-24

Coffee

peanut butter crackers

4 milk duds

(oh man this isn't good)

ham club sandwich

BK Lounge

okay so today I suck. and I'm not working out either because my neck is sore.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby labbats » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:49 pm

Breakfast: 4 bowls of Captain Crunch
Snack: Diet Coke and several handfulls of Cheetos
Lunch: Half a club sandwich, half of woman's carrot cake, glass of water
Snack:Granola Bar
Dinner:Diet Coke and 2 Super Burritos from Taco John's

Just got back into town, lifted and excercised like crazy on a Saturday layover, so today focused on working out my legs. The lady was kind enough to buy me lunch and bring me home dinner. Hence the terrible-for-you food all day. When I'm on the road I usually have a Zone Bar for breakfast, some peanuts for a snack, then some coffee and a bagel sandwich or something for lunch. Dinner can go from Crab Cakes and salad to a bacon cheeseburger.

Let me also add that I wish you all the best, Mop. My uncle had Musc Dist and he was an awesome guy.
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Samboa » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:04 pm

Breakfast: Water and. . .Nothing. . . :( Gonna do oatmeal tomorrow (unflavored!)
Lunch: Chicken wrap, unsweet tea
Mid-afternoon snack thing: stick of celery, small(SMALL) piece of lean turkey breast
Dinner: Caesar salad with grilled chicken (low fat dressing, mind you)

Did my normal upper body routine. . .its pretty lite, just do 3x7 35lbs curls, 3x45 crunches on an incline, 3x25 pushups, 3x15 35lbs tricep curls. Looking to add some more to it. . .preferably something that would help improve tone on my upper body. if you have any ideas pm me or something~ Also looking for a good low intensity fat/calorie burning excercise i can do every day or every other day. . .if this is the wrong forum for questions, sorry!
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tadpole » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:53 pm

Ran 2 miles for warm-up
Curls
Benched
Butterflies
Lat Pull Down
Bicep curls
Crunches
Took a shit

Tomorrow will do lower body, and run more
Tadpole
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Mop » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:33 am

Phlegm wrote:Hey Mop, why dont you have a thread for each day instead of just this one thread. That way you wont have a thread with a crap load of pages.

I was thinking that too - wasn't sure I'll try different threads just didn't want to clog up the entire section with dates.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Shannan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:13 am

1/25

Breakfast: Over easy eggs on top of canadian bacon with cheese and pepper
Snack: Sugar free jello
Lunch: Black bean soup with chicken and veggies
Snack: String cheese and tomatoes
Dinner: Lemon lime garlic shrimp

Going to try a work out video today (not sure if its going to be the pilates/yoga one or tae bo) as well as 45 mins on incline.
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:07 am

Breakfast: Bob Evan's - Farmer's Breakfast with Raspberry fruit on pancakes.
Lunch: undetermined, probably a cigarette and pack of bottle tops.
Dinner: Apples & cottage cheese.

Exercise: count me out for today, my arms will be dead by the end of today from yesterday's workout.

Tomorrow: Sausage, bisquits, & gravy breakfast, footlong chicken breast sub for lunch, Yogurt protein shake for dinner.

Exercise: Leg day, I plan on killing the back of my thighs with that one exercise I do on the reverse incline(I never remember the name of the exercise itself though).
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:50 am

so far today: some velveeta cheese and a romaine lettuce salad with italian vinaigrette dressing.

snack to come: popsicle

any other meals: not sure how much (if any) time i'll have to eat anything today, but i'm gonna make a go for it. i was thinking maybe some carrots and ranch dip for dinner with some iced tea and (if i can afford it) some chicken. bad thing is, i don't get a dinner break at work anymore cuz they changed the shift. so i get out of class at three, have an hour and a half to get ready for work and attempt to scarf something down, and then work from 5-11. i don't really want to eat after 11 cuz i heard it's bad to eat after 6 or 7 p.m. (thoughts, anyone?) but sometimes when i get home i'm so damn hungry. anyway, we'll see.

my life will be a lot easier to manage come tomorrow when i finish the final for my interim class. school = stress! wish i hadn't given up chocolate :(
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Mop » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:47 pm

What a beautiful day to be alive.

I slept in this morning, as I had to stay up lateand watch 24, which was well worth it htough I felt so vry tired this morning.

So I dropped stacy off at work and went for a swim. Normally I dread swimming at the place I went to- but today it was nice and peaceful no kids running around no loud music just a lifeguard and some fat guy doing laps - and me of course. Now there are many reasons I enjoy swimming, health reasons and shit aside- I like swimming next to someone slow it makes me feel like I am michael phelps and I am gods gift to swimmers.

Now, of course I suck at swimming I can handle about a 15 min half mile, not slow, not fast by any means but when compared to the guy that really sucks - I am moses parting the pool.

So anyways my cock feeels ten times bigger after swimming next to someone very slow and then I head off to work where I meet my client for the hour, who is a vet in the area and is very cool. Afterwards I came to the weight managment center - iin which I have gone off on my boss at least 2 times so far and 2 more hours to go- I hope she drives inot a fuckng farmers market on the way home ( god forgive me plz?)

Tonight I am going to try a little yoga maybe for 30 minutes. See if I can get stacy to join me

anyways good day sirs

and ladies
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby araby » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:07 pm

1-25

black coffee
peanut butter crackers

ham sandwich, pickle

subway club, salt and vinegar chips =(

peanuts

water water water coffee water water water coffee pee pee pee pee pee pee

warm up run, arms, abs, stretch

1-26
black coffee, peanut butter crackers

BK Lounge :cry:
shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

coffee coffee coffee
shit shit shit shit

At 9 I think I will go use one of the free passes I got for moving into this apartment to the gym in the shopping center across the street. I'm not crazy about gyms, but I have nothing against them and I would like to change the scenery a bit and do something totally different. and tomorrow, I have to eat so much better
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Shannan » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:58 pm

1/26

Breakfast: Eggs with ham, jalapenos,tomatoe and cheese.
Snack: String cheese
Lunch: Left over chicken and black bean soup
Snack: cheese and veggies
Dinner: Fijatas (without the tortilla) and south beach mashed potatoes
Also made some brownies and some rasberry tea. Good stuff

I was slacking earlier so will go yoga/pilates before bed ;)
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Shannan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:48 am

Ok I was bad and just went to bed :(
I will work out Saturday to make up for it!

1/27

Breakfast: Eggs(again) with peppers, cheese and tomatoe
Snack: Celery with cream cheese
Lunch: Turkey and cheese lettuce wraps
Snack: brownie
Dinner: Cant decide between eggplant parm., taco bake or bunless burgers

Yoga/pilates for workout
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:54 am

1-26
Breakfast - None
Snack - None
Lunch - None
Snack - None
Dinner - Spaghetti with meat sauce and a half a grapefruit

Took Hailey around the block in her stroller (partially because she hadnt had a nap and was getting fussy).

1-27
Breakfast - None
Snack - Flavor-Ice, banana flavored
Lunch - probably none
Snack - probably none
Dinner - Maybe baked chicken in breadcrumbs with rice, or some pork with rice and steamed veggies.

Will most likely put her in her big stroller and run around with her, its raining so it might be too cold for us both. No room in the apartment to work out, but I do legs by sitting on the edge of the couch and standing straight up slowly and back down.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby leah » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:44 pm

1/27

woke up only an hour before i had to go to work cuz i was out gallavanting around last night. luckily for me that means only three beers, but i still feel guilty.

had to work from 12 to 5 so i didn't eat anything during that time, had some lunchmeat rollups and some hot tea when i got home. i need to go buy a bunch of yumtastic hot tea so i can kick my coffee needs.

anyhoo, i'm thinkin i might have some salad or something, cuz i've still got the hungries.

crielle--i did the south beach-low carb thing hardcore when i lost all my weight, and here are some recommendations:

1) breyer's low carb strawberry ice cream. the one and only decent-tasting lower-carb ice cream.

2) get some low-carb tortillas and cut them up like a pie and deep-fry them for low carb tortilla chips

3) sugar free jello pudding (or just regular jello, but i don't like that so i go for the pudding) with cool whip. fun fact: the "heavier" the whipped cream (i.e. extra creamy) the less carbs there are. i don't get it, but i appreciate it thoroughly.

i'll post more if/when i think about them, and if you'd do the same that'd be awesome. also: i meant to ask, what do those cauliflower mashed taters taste like? i'm curious but hesitant.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:28 pm

1/27

No breakfast
No lunch
Making a pizza now (probably won't eat again until same time tomorrow)

Lifted some weights (bench press and curls)
Got tired really quick, doctor's told me because I'm not eating that much. But the fucking assholes still have no clue what is wrong with me.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Shannan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:44 pm

Thanks Leah your a sweetie. Those cauliflower mashed potatoes were so damn good. I added garlic and onion powder and 1/2 and 1/2 and it was yummy. They were mashed so well they were like real potatoes too, creamy ect.
A cool snack too is nachos (but since Im in phase 1 I cant have low carb tortillas yet) Soooo, you can take sliced cheese and break them into squares and put them in microwave till it bubbles and gets brown, then take them out and let them set. They get hard, like a chip. Then you add fat free grated cheese, black beans, jalapenos, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro or whatever you like.
I also made some brownies with splenda, egg, cocoa, pecans and butter. Those are a great snack, about 3-4 carbs per brownie.
Tonight for dinner I made chicken burgers wrapped in the huge leaf lettuce like a wrap and put tomatoes and hot sauce. Great stuff.
Hmm trying to think of what else,
French fries made from radishes. When you fry them and everything they taste ALOT like french fries.
I know your trying to budget too so you can also get the easy and non expensive things like Hummus. You can buy the powder and make it yourself in the blender and eat it with raw veggies. You can make lettuce wraps (I bought a huge ass bunch of the long leaf romaine lettuce and it was 88 cents, good enough for 10+ wraps) Annnnd, string cheese, and celery and natural peanut butter or cream cheese.

I will share recipes and such if you want them :boots:
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:48 pm

yes ma'am, i'm all over that shit, and if i come up with good ones i will share as well. my mom's got a buncha good ones. i will find the tomato salsa recipe and share, it's the best thing ever especially with steak (sounds weird i know but it's so good)
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Next

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum