the Daily Journal

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby araby » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:02 pm

1-28

I don't want to talk about it.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Darcler » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:21 pm

1-28

Breakfast - Cigarettes
Snack - More cigarettes
Lunch - Cigarettes and left overs from Chilis (some shrimp alfredo without the shrimp)
Snack - More cigarettes
Dinner - something from a nice resturant...most likely some sort of grilled seafood
Snack - I'll still be full from dinner

Work out - I strapped the baby in the front harness thingimabobber and walked up and down the three flights of stairs to get stuff from my car on the other side of the complex. Then I went back out and lit up.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby araby » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:34 pm

Darcler wrote:1-28

Breakfast - Cigarettes
Snack - More cigarettes
Lunch - Cigarettes and left overs from Chilis (some shrimp alfredo without the shrimp)
Snack - More cigarettes
Dinner - something from a nice resturant...most likely some sort of grilled seafood
Snack - I'll still be full from dinner

Work out - I strapped the baby in the front harness thingimabobber and walked up and down the three flights of stairs to get stuff from my car on the other side of the complex. Then I went back out and lit up.

I shouldn't comment on journals but I love the saying, "A fit mom is a powerful mom" and thought I'd share.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Darcler » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:36 pm

Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Shannan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:42 pm

Araby wrote:1-28

I don't want to talk about it.

Its ok Araby, your beautiful anyway :boots:

1/28

Breakfast: the usual eggs
Snack: nut mix
Lunch: Chicken burger
Snack: string cheese (again)
Dinner: Taco bake

Did some yogalates and also did incline
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:51 pm

1/28

Pork Chops and Mashed potatoes (I slept all day, was extremely fatigued again so that is my "breakfast")

My "lunch" and "dinner" will consist of vodka tonight, likely with red bulls.
I don't even want to know the amount of caloric intake in that, but honestly it couldn't hurt with the amount of weight I am losing. Maybe I will have some energy tomorrow from said calories.

Tomorrow I am going to lift, lower body.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:46 pm

1-28 Late night

Finawin's post made me remember that it is my birthday and I am going out to get sloppy drunk, just because I have a busy day tomorrow and I like being slightly drunk while making important living decisions......I really didnt think this through, but I'll still be going out, consuming quite a few calories in drinks alone and eating a bunch of fried food.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby araby » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:35 pm

1-28

I am going to get sloppy drunk right now. I have this night to myself, which has proved to be fun. I did the bath thing, and I'm listening to a great playlist while enjoying a fire and some candles. I'm pretty excited about it actually. Have fun Darcler! Happy Birthday!!!!
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Samboa » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:15 pm

Today:

Oatmeal. mm mm good.
Chicken caesar salad, fat free dressing
Cucumbers in vinegar (if you havent tried this, its hella good~ not sure if vinegar is unhealthy or fattening though? assuming not. . .)
2% cottage cheese as a snack/dinner
thing of fat free/light yogurt

did my upper body stuff today, and ran a mile. Hoping to negate the liquid bread I should be consuming tonight. . .I have a new goal, in addition to the six-pack (which you can somewhat see now, btw). A 6 minute mile! In the next 2 weeks. I haven't run in over 3months, thinking it will be a good goal. I tried to just run it yesterday, but over-exerted. . .it was not pretty. Was on the right track though! Got to .74mile at 4min34secs, so im not far off. just gotta condition a little bit more. I plan on running 1 mile every day i do upper body, and 2 miles every "off" day. That is all!
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tadpole » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:42 pm

Run 2 miles every day. Trust me, it helps the abs. I ran one mile a night, and then I started running 2 miles, and 2 miles really helped a lot more with my abs.
Tadpole
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Samboa » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:44 pm

Just got done running. After talking to a couple soccer-playing friends (who run every day in practice) I decided a 16min 2 mile would be a good goal to go along with the 6 minute mile by the end of next week. Started running 2miles today, didn't quite finish. got to 1.65miles at 12mins43secs, so once again I think I'm on the right track. I'm gonna keep running around 1.5-2miles a day, push myself as far as I can go each time, and by end of next week I'll meet my goals. About to go do upper body stuff, soon as I get some h20 back into me. . . .the beach body will arrive shortly! wahaha :boots:
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Samboa » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:17 pm

Woot reached one of my goals tonight! completely unexpectedly. I got back from eating a big dinner so i decided I would go running. . .2 miles in 14mins48 seconds!!! That beat my goal by over a minute wuwu am I stoked. I think this is the fastest I have ever run. Averaged like 8.4mph over the duration I think. . .next goal is to break 14 mins :eyecrazy: But first I must get my one mile in 6 minutes. . .it will be done tomorrow before I go out npnp. Woooooootttt~
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Mop » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:42 am

Woo leg day good fun for serious

did some HIIT cardio to start get that hr sky rocketed...

for legs it was a pretty mundane work out except for leg press - my knees felt a little tight today so I skipped squats for leg press to aleveate some pressure..

Ended up getting up a new high of 770 3 times last time I really tried i got 660 up 2 times and it has been a long time since I have done a standard leg press. Since I was suppersetting it I was kinda shocked, recounted the weights a couple times.

all and all a great work out, ps tgif.

and grats Samboa on the nice run
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:29 am

cong on new PB! How come you don't tell me these things in person? >< That is an amazing amt of weight. You are gonna be sore!!

I had a suck ass workout today but at least I went to the gym. I did 3 sets of weighted torso twist abs 70lbs supersetted with weighted ab crunch at 70lbs. I had intended to workout and do a light leg day with the Mopster but my left knee didn't want to do it. After I stretched a bit. Also did about 15 minutes of cardio total. Tried 4 different machines but just couldn't get one to feel good. Tomorrow is upper bod and more cardio.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jei » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:53 am

3/22 (bump ^_^)

Had oatmeal this morning, 1/2 a cup about an hour before workout.

Did abs and bi's today, thought i'd clear them out of the way early in the week.

Started with a 5 min cycle to warm up, followed by weighted crunches, reverse crunches, leg raises, ab stretch, and all sorts of stuff. My shoulder is a little sore today, I think because I threw it out driving at the golf range yesterday. As i write this now I'm eating a huge salad consisting of spinach/cauliflower/green pea pods/lettuce/celery/broccoli, and a breast of chicken, and washing it down with a banana creme flavored whey shake.

Good day so far.
Jei
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Jei » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:17 am

3/23

Today I just did some cardio. Not feeling the DOMs as expected from last workout, not sure why, I worked pretty freakin' hard. Anyway, kept the diet clean throughout the day as well. Posting this a day late, and am about to hit the gym again now.

Even though no ones posting on this, I'm going to continue because it helps me keep track of what I did =P
Jei
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Mop » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:21 am

3/24
Happy birthday Stacy~~

I did a shitty work out this morning.
20 min of jumprope intervals then did shoulders, both cardio and weights sucked I couldnt get focused really.

I plan on doing 45 min to an hour of heavy bag work this afternoon maybe try and fit some sprints in.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Adivina » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:30 am

3/24

Happy birthday Stacy.

Breakfast - We are not going to talk about it, I think it broke about every rule as far as a good breakfast goes.... but I love my coffee and coffee rolls :(

Will not have time for lunch today, will probably grab a salad on the way to work for my dinner, seeing as with my time limit my choices are that or fast food.

No time for working out on the machines today, but I am running sports & games for the children in the gym today, so that will provide me with an hour of running my ass off and shouting directions :)

Then I will dye eggs with the remaining children (we run an after school program at the gym, we split the time between gym activities and homework/games in the MP room)

I have finally caught whatever Aryylas and his mother have been sick with, coughing like a mother....running around should be fun today.
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Shannan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:23 am

Ok So I have been slacking and havent been completly faithful on my diet, and havent worked out much either. So I am gonna bust my ass to get back the motivation I had. So back to phase 1 I go.

Breakfast: Eggs with pico de gallo and canidan bacon.

Snack: String cheese and raw veggies with ranch

Lunch: Griller burger with cheese and salad

Snack: Jalapenos cut in 1/2 with cream cheese (microwaved and they are popper style)

Dinner: Pork Chops with veggies and mashed cauliflower

Desert: Sugar free rasberry dreamcicle

Oh and for workout I will probally do 30 on incline and 150 crunches.
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Previous

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum