Mop, please read

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Mop, please read

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:03 am

So I am tired all the time. I can go to bed at 10 and wake up at 7, and come home at 1 and take a nap. I am always exhausted, and hungry. What do you suggest?
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:07 am

are you still drinking alot of coffee and soda?
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:09 am

I cut back
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:17 am

Well my most common response to this question in general is:

- Are you eating lots of snack foods? ( chips, candy, soda's, sugary shit )
- Are you drinking lots of caffine? ( by lots I mean more than 2 cups of coffe a day)
- Do you dirnk alot of alchohol? ( more than once or twice a week)
- Do you get regular exercise?
- Do you eat before you sleep?
- Are you stressed? Do you take at lesst 30 minutes a day for yourself?
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:21 am

Mop wrote:Well my most common response to this question in general is:

- Are you eating lots of snack foods? ( chips, candy, soda's, sugary shit )Every chance I get, I have a huge bag of M&M's on my desk at home and at work
- Are you drinking lots of caffine? ( by lots I mean more than 2 cups of coffe a day) The past three days, yes. But not normally.
- Do you dirnk alot of alchohol? ( more than once or twice a week) very rarely
- Do you get regular exercise? I run across the plains of Azeroth at least 3 times a week., so no
- Do you eat before you sleep? Sometimes, not alot though
- Are you stressed? Do you take at lesst 30 minutes a day for yourself?I try to get home before the kids and take a nap, or watch soaps or something, but then I get told that I should be picking up my son and spending time with him, and then I get a guilt trip about it. Oh, and stressed is an uinderstatement.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:43 am

I would try and take some of the sugar out of the diet, seriously - it causes fatigue, sleep problems, more stress, and in all honesty it doesn't make anything better maybe it does for 10 seconds, but it really is horrid on the body. snacking on shit all day will cause the body to fatigue like crazy..there is not some secret to people who can function off 5 hours of sleep on a regular/semi regular basis and those that can't function on 10 hours of sleep -- it is dietary habits.

The Stress thing, well that is something you are going to have to work on, you need to find time for yourself, I understand you have kids but really if you don't start taking 15 - 20 - 30 minutes to yourself once in a while - you will not be around long enough to see your children become adults. I know this sounds harsh but it is the sad truth. I would even go as far to suggest that you take some time maybe see a psychologist, life coach, something along those lines to help get the stress in check.

As for the exercise, people that exercise get a better quality of sleep maybe just walk outside for 15 minutes, yes I am telling you the solution is you take 30 -40 minutes for yousrself every day to relieve stress get a better quality of sleep.

The last solution sounds stupid but it will help. Don't watch tv in bed. your body needs to establish bed as sleep time and nothing else( insert sex joke here) and in all seriousness you should take 5 minutes before you sleep to calm yourself down, let your mind turn off so that you can fall asleep faster and end up geting a higher quality of sleep
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Adivina » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:15 pm

This thread is interesting, I have a lot of the same habits as Kizzy, and am sooo sleepy.

In regards to establishing bed just for sleeping, is reading in bed bad just as TV in bed is? It takes me forever to fall asleep, if there is some way to do so easier please do share.
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Stabfase » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:20 pm

My Opinion may not matter, but soft lyric-less music, low bass, just like Nature sounds is pretty soothing, also you can lay in bed with your eyes shut and feel your heartbeat, and as corny as this sounds, you can count the beats or just let the beating sooth you into slumber. :angel:
Stabfase
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Location: billywitchdoctor.com. One Convenient Locations. In Africa.

Postby Lyion » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:08 pm

Just a tip, but 20-30 minutes of exercise first thing in the morning, before you eat or do anything else save drink water will do wonders for your energy level.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:45 am

My mind wont let me meditate or count heartbeats or whatever, so what helps me fall asleep is to put every thought I have into pictures in my head and then watch them, its like flipping channels which always puts me to sleep instantly.

My cause for fatigue is anemia, I dont get enough iron. If Mop's suggestions dont work, take iron pills for a little bit to see if that is your problem.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Harrison » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:07 am

Huge improvements to energy levels for me was easily found in eating a hard boiled egg or two for breakfast. Not fucking cereal or some other shit. (I put cereals up there with cookies etc. personally)
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Adivina » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:50 pm

I wish I could sleep like Aryylas.... he can fall asleep mid sentance...
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum