Page 2 of 4

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:28 am
by Lionking
captain_insano wrote:...I have to say this could provide much needed leverage for the creation of a voucher based private education system this country greatly needs.


QFT

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:31 am
by Zanchief
This is all about the "gay agenda" isn't it.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:33 am
by Ginzburgh
And White House Easter egg rolls.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:33 am
by Martrae
First and foremost I wanted them to have a classical literature rich education with a worldview of history not the insular US centered one we have here. I don't think I'd even heard of the Sumerians until I saw Ghostbusters, my kids have already learned about them.

Secondly, so many teachers cannot teach without pushing their personal agendas. I'm trying very hard to present information to my kids in an unbiased manner and show both sides of an argument. I then let them figure out where they stand on issues. If I wind up raising a liberal...so be it. At least I know they made that decision based upon logic and research rather than programming.

Thirdly, I don't like the current culture that's in today's schools. If missing out on the 'socialization' of public schools means my daughter won't be pregnant at 12 and my boys won't be smack-talking assholes then I'm all for it.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:40 am
by Tikker
I don't understand why you didn't post that before when everyone was riding your ass about retarding your kids ;)




in some ways, I wish canadian schools taught more about canadian history

we tended to learn an awful lot about world history, and not enough about our own IMO

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:43 am
by Ginzburgh
First and foremost I wanted them to have a classical literature rich education with a worldview of history not the insular US centered one we have here. I don't think I'd even heard of the Sumerians until I saw Ghostbusters, my kids have already learned about them.

Secondly, so many teachers cannot teach without pushing their personal agendas. I'm trying very hard to present information to my kids in an unbiased manner and show both sides of an argument. I then let them figure out where they stand on issues. If I wind up raising a liberal...so be it. At least I know they made that decision based upon logic and research rather than programming.

Thirdly, I don't like the current culture that's in today's schools. If missing out on the 'socialization' of public schools means my daughter won't be pregnant at 12 and my boys won't be smack-talking assholes then I'm all for it.


I understand your point of view.

I just can't understand not letting my kids go to school and make friends like every other kid. The pregnant daughter part and the boys being smack talking assholes has a lot to do with how the parents raise their kids.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:44 am
by Narrock
If I wind up raising a liberal...so be it. At least I know they made that decision based upon logic and research rather than programming.


:umno:

Since when does a liberal use "logic" and/or "reasoning?" They've been programmed by their liberal elders to reject Christianity and turn their back to God, in favor of "junk science."

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:46 am
by Ginzburgh
Looks like the thread is officially ruined, have fun guys.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:50 am
by Narrock
Ginzburgh wrote:Looks like the thread is officially ruined, have fun guys.


Typical leftist wacko... run away and hide from the truth.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:51 am
by Ginzburgh
I'm not leftist at all rofl. It's just ruined by your inability to consider a point of view that isn't your own.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:53 am
by Ginzburgh
Since when does a liberal use "logic" and/or "reasoning?" They've been programmed by their liberal elders to reject Christianity and turn their back to God, in favor of "junk science."


And is this the "truth" you're referring too, because this statement is just SO enlightening.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:55 am
by Narrock
I can consider many a different viewpoint. I'm just sick and tired of seeing God pushed out of our lives every day by the minority. Guess what? The majority should have the right-of-way, so to say. Why should a handful of atheist smacktards have their opinions supercede that of the majority? Answer me that.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:57 am
by Ginzburgh
I can consider many a different viewpoint. I'm just sick and tired of seeing God pushed out of our lives every day by the minority. Guess what? The majority should have the right-of-way, so to say. Why should a handful of atheist smacktards have their opinions supercede that of the majority? Answer me that.


The last time I checked, there were 238975983759345 religions out there.

What God would you like to see mixed into our school system? Your God?

Or would you like children to be separated by religion and taught in different schools that were focused on teaching their religious affiliation?

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:58 am
by Zanchief
It might have something to do with that there constitution people keep talking about.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:59 am
by Martrae
No one asked me why before...they just started jumping on the 'no socialization' bandwagon.

Parent's can only do so much when they only see their kids for a couple hours in the evening. My kids go to bed around 8pm. That would only leave about 4 hours for me to allow them time to play, do homework, feed them, bathe them and 'raise them properly'.

My kids have a lot of friends of all ages. As I said before there's 19 kids that live within 3 houses in either direction of us (we live on a corner). They aren't lacking in socialization.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:00 pm
by Tikker
Mindia wrote:I can consider many a different viewpoint. I'm just sick and tired of seeing God pushed out of our lives every day by the minority. Guess what? The majority should have the right-of-way, so to say.


if you look at world population, only 1 in 6 people are of one of the 82150985309151 christian flavours


I don't really think you can claim to be the majority

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:02 pm
by Narrock
Ginzburgh wrote:
I can consider many a different viewpoint. I'm just sick and tired of seeing God pushed out of our lives every day by the minority. Guess what? The majority should have the right-of-way, so to say. Why should a handful of atheist smacktards have their opinions supercede that of the majority? Answer me that.


The last time I checked, there were 238975983759345 religions out there.

What God would you like to see mixed into our school system? Your God?

Or would you like children to be separated by religion and taught in different schools that were focused on teaching their religious affiliation?


I don't think religion should be forced down anybody's throat. HOWEVER, "under God" should remain in the pledge of allegiance, and if kids want to pray they should be allowed to do so. I hope more and more Christian clubs start forming at public schools.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:03 pm
by Narrock
Tikker wrote:
Mindia wrote:I can consider many a different viewpoint. I'm just sick and tired of seeing God pushed out of our lives every day by the minority. Guess what? The majority should have the right-of-way, so to say.


if you look at world population, only 1 in 6 people are of one of the 82150985309151 christian flavours


I don't really think you can claim to be the majority


I'm talking about AMERICA. The majority of Americans are Christians.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:04 pm
by Narrock
Martrae wrote:No one asked me why before...they just started jumping on the 'no socialization' bandwagon.

Parent's can only do so much when they only see their kids for a couple hours in the evening. My kids go to bed around 8pm. That would only leave about 4 hours for me to allow them time to play, do homework, feed them, bathe them and 'raise them properly'.

My kids have a lot of friends of all ages. As I said before there's 19 kids that live within 3 houses in either direction of us (we live on a corner). They aren't lacking in socialization.


And that leaves mama a couple hours left to play with Kahar...

:teehee:

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:07 pm
by Ginzburgh
I don't think religion should be forced down anybody's throat. HOWEVER, "under God" should remain in the pledge of allegiance, and if kids want to pray they should be allowed to do so. I hope more and more Christian clubs start forming at public schools.


Ok so now the thread is about the pledge of allegiance. I hope everyone can stay on the ball here.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:08 pm
by ClakarEQ
Mindia don't say you can't be a liberal Christian, I'm one and think your conservatives ways are a complete twist of gods word.
However lets not digress between you and I about religion and please lets not get on a who's bible is thicker debate.

I think what Mart is doing is great. I'm sure her children have friends, school is not the only social arena to gain inter-personal skills.

You all know this but I'd go so far to say that 100% of the posters here are amongst the "above average" intelligence. Just the other day I read some note about 2/3rds (forgot the real number) of the US population couldn't tell you where Louisiana is, WTF is that!! It was on the news how many times, it looks like a freaking shoe and you STILL can't find it. OMG we've got such a stupid society.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:08 pm
by Zanchief
Mindia wrote:
Ginzburgh wrote:
I can consider many a different viewpoint. I'm just sick and tired of seeing God pushed out of our lives every day by the minority. Guess what? The majority should have the right-of-way, so to say. Why should a handful of atheist smacktards have their opinions supercede that of the majority? Answer me that.


The last time I checked, there were 238975983759345 religions out there.

What God would you like to see mixed into our school system? Your God?

Or would you like children to be separated by religion and taught in different schools that were focused on teaching their religious affiliation?


I don't think religion should be forced down anybody's throat. HOWEVER, "under God" should remain in the pledge of allegiance, and if kids want to pray they should be allowed to do so. I hope more and more Christian clubs start forming at public schools.


So if the majority of Americans become Muslim you would be happy to change the pledge of allegiance to "In Mohammad we Trust"?

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:10 pm
by Ginzburgh
I will raise my kid Catholic because that is what both my girlfriend and I have been raised as. However, I want my kid to be exposed to different lifestyles and religions because above anything else, I will stress tolerance in my family. If my kid decides when he or she is older that another religion fits them better, or if they are homosexual than I will continue to accept them with open arms so long as their lifestyle isn't hurting anyone else.

Tolerance leads to equality.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:13 pm
by Ginzburgh
And Mart, I don't want you to think that I was getting on you for the way you are raising your kid. I just remember how many good times I had in public school and the friends I made then are still my best friends today. It's just hard for me to understand but I am sure it works great for you and your kids.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:16 pm
by ClakarEQ
Tolerance can lead to many other things as well and not all are good.

Acceptance of all means you have no desire to convince others of your method of thinking. This sounds like a generation "do nothing" comment.

/extreme on
Would this mean you wouldn't want the baby killer in prison because he killed for religion and this is someting you must "accept" / tolerate?
/off
I can't find the word and I'm sure you don't mean it the way I'm taking it but to just tolerate things as you go through life makes me think of a "floater" just bobing along the river, with that "ahh, whatever, I don't care" atitude.

EDIT /extreme typos /sorry