Page 2 of 2
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:54 pm
by Spazz
Lemme tell you my issue with him. Hes a republican and hes antigun
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:13 pm
by Lueyen
The Kizzy wrote:I would love to see Hillary run for the presidency, but because she is a female she will never get it. Period. The US isnt ready for a female or minority president.
Actually I think Hillary would have a decent shot at it. Among her supporters gender is obviously not an issue. For those who would not vote for her I'm sure that there are some that would base that on gender, but I think it's a minority.
The only viable non-sexist based issue I can see anyone taking with gender is in regards to foreign affairs and how a woman president was viewed and treated by others on the international stage as a result of gender. Frankly if there is any credence to that, I feel it would be very short lived, and as has been stated in regards to Hillary she's not a weak person. Even so this is the case of other countries and the world not being ready for a woman to be president of the US, not the US it's self. One positive aspect if she were to be elected would be some world leaders getting a dose of "cast iron bitch", which in the context I use it here is not in anyway an criticism... I'd probably be cheering her on.
If anything her qualifications from a resume type aspect are very high. Not only having been a lawyer and having served in Congress, she has been very close to Presidential affairs for two terms... in short she already knows the ropes or most of them.
No, if she runs and loses it will be for the most part based on her politics and character not her gender, and understand I say that thinking there is a very good possibility she would win.
Although if you want to talk mad entertainment Condi Rice running for President would be very interesting.... I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the "good ole boy" types were discussing that one

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:12 pm
by Narrock
I'd vote for a female presidential candidate as long as she was conservative overall.
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:12 pm
by Spazz
What exactly are these conservatives that you speak of and what exactly are they conserving? Its not money, resources or anything else i can think of thats for damnsure.
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:06 am
by Tuggan
values!! :stomps the pedal:
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:02 am
by brinstar
the values of hate and inequality!
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:04 am
by Evermore
conservatism is whats killing the country
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:05 am
by Narrock
Evermore wrote:conservatism is whats killing the country
Liberalism is the demise of the nation.
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:14 am
by Gargamellow
what is killing this country is bullshit laws and power hungry politicians who need to shut the fuck up and stop murdering people for money
it's not one certain party..it is a certain set of people...why do you guys always try to put everyone in the same basket?
the real problems in this country can only be solved by impeaching bush or overpowering his regime...which is currently underway
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:31 am
by Evermore
thank god
and libralism is what this country needs. the conservative crap that has been going on for the last 8 years is what has us where we are.
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:57 pm
by DangerPaul
Hillary was already president once, and most of you will agree, Bill was a lot better than George.
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:20 pm
by Gargamellow
i love clinton...except the fact that he somehow made it to where my navy friend got less money to support his family..so little they ahd to apply for food stamps..i don't know exactly what brought that about...and I didn't know about it until about a month ago....but that would be the only thing clinton did that i know about that i really disagree with
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:18 pm
by Spazz
Not like the republicans are any better to vets ...