Recipes

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:11 am

Oreo & Fudge Ice Cream "Cake"

1/2 cup fudge ice cream topping warmed
1 tub (8oz.) Cool Whip thawed
1 pkg (4 serving size) Jello CHocolate Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
8 Oreo Cookies
12 Vanilla Ice cream Sandwiches

Pour the fudge topping into a medium Bowl. Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping with a wire wisk until well blended. Add in dry pudding mix, stir 2 minutes or until well blended. If the mixture is too thisck to spread, add milk.

Chop the Oreos into chunks. Stir into pudding mixture.

Arrange 4 of the ice cream sandwhiches side by side on a 24x12 ince peice of foil. Top with half the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers.

Top the pudding mixture wth the remaining 4 ice cream sandwhiches.

Frost the top and sides with the remaining whipped frosting.

Wrap up in the foil and freese for 4 hours.

WHen you are ready to serve, make sure it sits out for about 5 minutes to soften up. It really is delicious.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:12 am

How many calories and fat grams per serving? :ugh:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:13 am

who cares, fucking yum
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:15 am

Its a kids ice cream cake, who cares, let them have fun. If you arent gonna post recipes, :gtfo2:
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:15 am

I know Martrae and Kahar have some good ones, I dont know why they arent posting.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:17 am

Death By Chocolate is a good one. It's just chocolate cake mix with chocolate pudding layered into it, topped by heavy whipping cream, and sprinkled with Heath Bar or Skor Bar chunks on top.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:38 am

This one I always eyeball so it's going to be off in proportions I'm sure.

Oreo cake

1 pkg double stuffed oreos
1 pkg cream cheese
2 pkg french vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup milk
2 pkg cool whip
1/2 cup butter

Crumble all but ~6 oreos. Melt butter and combine with oreos until all are moistened. Spread at the bottom of a rectangle cake pan.

Blend cream cheese, half the cool whip, 1 pkg of the pudding mix, milk, and the powdered sugar. This is where I get fuzzy.. the mixture should be a little thicker than yogurt at this point - if it's not, add more more milk - you also might need to add more of the pudding mix and cool whip depending on taste. Spread over the cookie base. Add a layer of cool whip on top. Take 2 of the whole oreos you reserved and scrape them against each other atop the cake creating a dusted looking garnish. Decorate with remaining oreos. Pop it in the fridge for about an hour and it'll be good to go. It keeps exteremely well.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:49 am

OK, actually a fairly healthy recipe. Best pork chops evar:

You need:

3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, peeled, then mashed with the flat of a knife blade.
4 large center-cut pork rib chops, each about 12 ounces in weight and 1.25-1.5 inches thick.
1 rather large (or 2 smaller) red onions, cut through the core into 8 total wedges. (1 big onion, cut into 8ths, 2 small one, go for quarters)
2 ripe firm pears, peeled & cored and each cut into quarters (giving you 8 wedges yet again)
salt & pepper.
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey.

You will also need either a large skillet that is oven safe, or a good sized oven dish that can also be used on the stovetop. Personally, I did this one in a big cast iron skillet, worked great.

Put the pan onto the stove, on medium heat, and add the oil. Once the oil has heated up, toss in the garlic, until it is just barely browned, about 1-2 minutes. Now, lay in the pork chops right on top of the oil and garlic, and cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes. If the garlic gets too dark (ie, more than a deep golden brown), pull it out of the pan and hold it back to re-add later. One the first side browns, flip the chops over, and tuck the onion wedges in between the chops and around the edges. Season all 4 chops with salt & pepper. About halfway through browning the 2nd side, add the pear wedges into the pan, tucking them into the gaps where the onions are already.

While the chops are browning, mix the red-wine vinegar and honey together in a small bowl, and mix until the honey is completely dissolved. Once the 2nd side of the chops are finished browning, pour the vinegar/honey mixture over the top of the chops and down into the skillet. Then, turn up the heat, and bring all of the liquid in the pan to a vigorous boil. (there'll be more liquid down there than just that which came from the vinegar/honey mix, trust me.) Now is when you return the garlic cloves back into the pan if you took them out earlier.

Once the liquid in the pan is boiling, take the pan off the stove and put it into a 425 degree oven. You'll want to roast the whole assembly til the onions & pears are tender, and the juices in the pan are a rich syrupy dark brown, which should take about 30 minutes. Once or twice during the roasting process, turn off the timer, take the pan out of the oven, and flip the chops. Baste them with the juices from the pan, and make sure the onions & pears are still evenly distributed and cooking relatively uniformly.

Only has 3 tablespoons of added fat, spread over 4 big pork chops, and it's olive oil to boot. 1 pork chop easily feeds 1 person, and it works just fine re-heated. The sole thing you need to be careful of is not over-cooking the chops, as they can get kinda dry if you leave 'em in too long. The whole sauce and fruit/veggie mix comes out naturally sweet & sour, and there's generally a ton of juices to spoon over everything. Might be worthwhile to serve this one with rice, so you have something to soak up the sauce.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:54 am

Hey my stuff was healthy til the tarts and oreo cake! Neither of those is that high in fat either if you by the fat free stuff which works just as well in those recipes!
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:04 am

That sounds god Arlos
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Gyps...it was one, and they are turning out great

They are all finished, cherry and chocolate drizzle, and I tried one of each, and they are delicious. Thanks!!
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:42 am

Glad they turned out well for you =)
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:55 am

Kahar posted some of his recipes awhile back:

http://namelesstavern.net/viewtopic.php?t=15369
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Recipes

Postby Jay » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:04 pm

Anyone remember when Metranon posted that chili recipe? That was bomb and healthy.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Diekan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:27 pm

Hair Pie:

1 blonde
1 bottle of vodka
1 carton of orange juice
2 glasses
1 box Trojans (use as needed)
1 can whipped cream

Coax blonde back to your place. Then added vodka to both glasses. Fill her's 1/2 full of vodka and yours only 1/8 full. Mix orange juice into the glasses of vodka to taste. Blonde should be ready in about 30 minutes. Check moisture and temperature (should be hot and moist) to determine if she is ready. Once ready handle carefully and move her to couch. Top blonde with whipped cream and enjoy! *use Trojans as necessary*
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:57 am

Diekan wrote:Coax blonde back to your place.

Why's it gotta be about color?
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:48 am

I lol'd, but I agree with Mar... why does it have to be about color.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:51 pm

well, fwiw, blonde's are no where near as hairy
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diekan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:51 pm

Well, you can substitute the blonde for your color of choice.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:56 pm

this sounds odd, but it ends up tasting great

get one of those big plastic ketchup/mustard squirt bottles

fill it almost to the top with water

add 4 teaspoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper

shake

grill a steak, and as it's cooking, spray some of this across the steak

you'll end up with a very tasty steak, with all flavor of the pepper, but none of the heat
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 pm

/bump for the sake of a dip i made on sunday

1 block fat-free cream cheese
2/3 cup Franks Red Hot sauce (franks is my favorite because of the flavor, doesn't matter though I reckon)
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup bleu cheese (optional)
1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (canned worked fine)

Simmer the chicken with the hot sauce (you'll likely want to do this in something that can transfer to the microwave or oven) - once they've had time to mesh, add the cream cheese and 1/2 of the cheddar - melt together and add the ranch and bleu cheese, mix it all well and add the remaining cheese on top - bake it all or microwave it so that the cheese on top gets bubbly.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:07 pm

so it's essentially a buffalo dip

what did you dip into it?

or for diekan's sake, should it be called a NewEnglandPatriotsAreTheBest dip?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:23 pm

ya essentially that's what it is =p

We just dipped tortilla chips in it, but I imagine celery would do well too

but for Diekans sake, it should be called GTFOtheboardswhyareyoustillpostingyoupompousdouchebag dip.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:52 pm

i would think nice grilled flatbread would be great with that dip
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby araby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:49 pm

does anyone here think they have the best recipe for homemade soup? if so you should post it. I can make it but I want some that is really, really good. you know? it's pretty much cold here now.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum