Teenage Girl Convicted in Ill. Killing
Moderator: Dictators in Training
Teenage Girl Convicted in Ill. Killing
By JAN DENNIS, Associated Press Writer
DIXON, Ill. - A teenage girl was convicted Wednesday in the killing of a 16-year-old classmate who was choked, beaten and sawed into pieces after an argument over boys.
Sarah Kolb, 17, faces up to 60 years in prison.
The victim, Adrianne Reynolds, had just moved to East Moline from Texas about two months before she was killed. Prosecutors said she was just trying to fit in at a new school but picked the wrong friend.
On Jan. 21, 2005, Kolb, Reynolds and schoolmate Cory Gregory were in Kolb's car at a fast-food restaurant when the fight began. Reynolds was killed and her body was burned, dismembered and hidden in two counties.
Gregory also is charged with murder and concealing a homicide and is scheduled to stand trial May 1.
Kolb showed no reaction as the verdict was read. Her family and Reynolds' family wept quietly as the jury was polled.
Later, step-uncle Michael McCollum said Reynolds' family was "overjoyed. It's been a very long road."
Kolb's family declined to comment as they left the courthouse.
The trial was Kolb's second in three months. The first ended in a mistrial in November when a Rock Island County jury deadlocked 11-1 in favor of conviction. Her retrial was moved to Dixon, about 60 miles from the Quad Cities.
In the retrial, Rock Island County State's Attorney Jeff Terronez said Kolb wrote in a class journal that she was going to kill Reynolds just hours before Reynolds was beaten and strangled in the car.
Terronez said Kolb was angry because Reynolds had shown interest in Kolb's boyfriend and Gregory, her ex-boyfriend.
Defense attorney David Hoffman told jurors it was Gregory who killed Reynolds. But prosecutors said Kolb was still accountable because she choked and beat Reynolds before Gregory "finished her off."
Prosecutors say the two took the girl's body to Kolb's grandparents' farm and burned it, then returned two days later, sawed the body into pieces and dumped the remains on the farm and in Black Hawk State Park in Rock Island.
In her first trial, Kolb testified that Gregory strangled Reynolds, then hit Kolb and threatened to kill her, her family and her cats if she reported the crime. Gregory, who has pleaded not guilty, denied that account in a television interview.
Kolb did not testify in her second trial, and the defense rested without presenting a case.
DIXON, Ill. - A teenage girl was convicted Wednesday in the killing of a 16-year-old classmate who was choked, beaten and sawed into pieces after an argument over boys.
Sarah Kolb, 17, faces up to 60 years in prison.
The victim, Adrianne Reynolds, had just moved to East Moline from Texas about two months before she was killed. Prosecutors said she was just trying to fit in at a new school but picked the wrong friend.
On Jan. 21, 2005, Kolb, Reynolds and schoolmate Cory Gregory were in Kolb's car at a fast-food restaurant when the fight began. Reynolds was killed and her body was burned, dismembered and hidden in two counties.
Gregory also is charged with murder and concealing a homicide and is scheduled to stand trial May 1.
Kolb showed no reaction as the verdict was read. Her family and Reynolds' family wept quietly as the jury was polled.
Later, step-uncle Michael McCollum said Reynolds' family was "overjoyed. It's been a very long road."
Kolb's family declined to comment as they left the courthouse.
The trial was Kolb's second in three months. The first ended in a mistrial in November when a Rock Island County jury deadlocked 11-1 in favor of conviction. Her retrial was moved to Dixon, about 60 miles from the Quad Cities.
In the retrial, Rock Island County State's Attorney Jeff Terronez said Kolb wrote in a class journal that she was going to kill Reynolds just hours before Reynolds was beaten and strangled in the car.
Terronez said Kolb was angry because Reynolds had shown interest in Kolb's boyfriend and Gregory, her ex-boyfriend.
Defense attorney David Hoffman told jurors it was Gregory who killed Reynolds. But prosecutors said Kolb was still accountable because she choked and beat Reynolds before Gregory "finished her off."
Prosecutors say the two took the girl's body to Kolb's grandparents' farm and burned it, then returned two days later, sawed the body into pieces and dumped the remains on the farm and in Black Hawk State Park in Rock Island.
In her first trial, Kolb testified that Gregory strangled Reynolds, then hit Kolb and threatened to kill her, her family and her cats if she reported the crime. Gregory, who has pleaded not guilty, denied that account in a television interview.
Kolb did not testify in her second trial, and the defense rested without presenting a case.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.
Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Thats rediculus. I never woulda even considered killing one of my classmates and im not that old ( 23) . Seems like teenagers become more and more violent every year but i dont know the stats, it could be stayin the same and ya just see it on the news. Makes me sick seeing this kinda shit. Sicko fuckin kids man just terrible.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
- Gargamellow
- Nappy Headed Ho

- Posts: 8683
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
- Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
- Contact:
I met her. The murderer.
I shit you not.
I asked her,"Why did you do it? I mean, what brings a person to that point?"
She replied,"My lawyer says I can;t say anything but let's just say that I hate men." I knew she was trying to blame it all on the guy involved. I wasn't buying it, but I let her believe I was.
Then she came out of the blue and asked me,"Do you believe in God?"
I said,"Yes. Absolutely." The feelings of doubt fluttered through my mind as I gazed upon this young girl in her orange uniform. The hand cuffs and ankle cuffs bound her like a man who had slaughtered an entire family. I felt a pang of sadness for her. I felt many things for her.
I told her I believe in forgiveness. I told her that time heals all wounds. I told her to keep faith.
I walked away from that conversation feeling terribly empty inside. It seemed such a loss to see such a young girl losing control like that. My final thought was this. If there is forgiveness for the likes of her, which there supposedly is, then there is forgiveness for the likes of me and every other insignificant person.
This is no shit.
I shit you not.
I asked her,"Why did you do it? I mean, what brings a person to that point?"
She replied,"My lawyer says I can;t say anything but let's just say that I hate men." I knew she was trying to blame it all on the guy involved. I wasn't buying it, but I let her believe I was.
Then she came out of the blue and asked me,"Do you believe in God?"
I said,"Yes. Absolutely." The feelings of doubt fluttered through my mind as I gazed upon this young girl in her orange uniform. The hand cuffs and ankle cuffs bound her like a man who had slaughtered an entire family. I felt a pang of sadness for her. I felt many things for her.
I told her I believe in forgiveness. I told her that time heals all wounds. I told her to keep faith.
I walked away from that conversation feeling terribly empty inside. It seemed such a loss to see such a young girl losing control like that. My final thought was this. If there is forgiveness for the likes of her, which there supposedly is, then there is forgiveness for the likes of me and every other insignificant person.
This is no shit.
- Gargamellow
- Nappy Headed Ho

- Posts: 8683
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
- Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
- Contact:
I swear it is true. I was going to see my psychologist and she was brought to my doctor. We were left alone in a waiting room together and that one semester that I spent majoring in journalism wouldn't let me walk away from that girl without asking her a question, if possible. So I did. hy is it so hard to believe?
Well, I don't really care if you believe me. I would like it if you did because I am not full of shit. I even considered not posting it because I knew this was going to happen. I just felt so strongly about the situation that I couldn't resist myself.
Well, I don't really care if you believe me. I would like it if you did because I am not full of shit. I even considered not posting it because I knew this was going to happen. I just felt so strongly about the situation that I couldn't resist myself.
- Gargamellow
- Nappy Headed Ho

- Posts: 8683
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
- Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
- Contact:
- Gargamellow
- Nappy Headed Ho

- Posts: 8683
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
- Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
- Contact:
- Gargamellow
- Nappy Headed Ho

- Posts: 8683
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
- Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
- Contact:
- Gargamellow
- Nappy Headed Ho

- Posts: 8683
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
- Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
- Contact:
here is a descriptive link i found on thist story
http://www.nbc56.com/artman/publish/article_5113.shtml
and another
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1330202/posts
http://www.nbc56.com/artman/publish/article_5113.shtml
and another
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1330202/posts
- Captain Insano
- Nappy Headed Ho

- Posts: 8368
- Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:04 pm
- Location: SoCal
Gargamellow wrote:I met her. The murderer.
I shit you not.
I asked her,"Why did you do it? I mean, what brings a person to that point?"
She replied,"My lawyer says I can;t say anything but let's just say that I hate men." I knew she was trying to blame it all on the guy involved. I wasn't buying it, but I let her believe I was.
Then she came out of the blue and asked me,"Do you believe in God?"
I said,"Yes. Absolutely." The feelings of doubt fluttered through my mind as I gazed upon this young girl in her orange uniform. The hand cuffs and ankle cuffs bound her like a man who had slaughtered an entire family. I felt a pang of sadness for her. I felt many things for her.
I told her I believe in forgiveness. I told her that time heals all wounds. I told her to keep faith.
I walked away from that conversation feeling terribly empty inside. It seemed such a loss to see such a young girl losing control like that. My final thought was this. If there is forgiveness for the likes of her, which there supposedly is, then there is forgiveness for the likes of me and every other insignificant person.
This is no shit.
That was very nice of you. I would have told her that no matter what happens she can rest assured she is going to burn in hell for eternity and that she's not one of jesus's sheep anymore, but one of satan's devil-asparagus....oh and that she's gun get raped in prison lots.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.
Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.
Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.
Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
I think it's pretty safe to say she might not be 100% there. Her lawyer fucked up hardcore in her defense..Shit, given her age and the details of the crime??! I've seen kickers make a better defense after blocked kicks for Christ's sake.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.
Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
- Gargamellow
- Nappy Headed Ho

- Posts: 8683
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
- Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
- Contact:
spazz wrote:Thats rediculus. I never woulda even considered killing one of my classmates and im not that old ( 23) . Seems like teenagers become more and more violent every year but i dont know the stats, it could be stayin the same and ya just see it on the news. Makes me sick seeing this kinda shit. Sicko fuckin kids man just terrible.
Stats say differently, violent crime by teenagers is at an all time low last I saw the figures.
I remember people trying to say video games make children violent, and it was shot down hardcore. I even posted the article here I believe...
You can't honestly say that video games are not playing at least some part in the downfall of America's youth. Honestly, I believe 90% of the blame is parents being forced to work and leave the kid unsupervised but I am telling you these fuckin video games are getting so real so fast and so violent that kids today are becoming as numb to grotesque violence as your typical combat vietnam vet. Sure, it is the same as a rated R movie that kids have been watching for years, but how many rated R movies let YOU control the action and let YOU commit the crimes in the virtual world they create for you?
Don't forget crime figures are about as accurate as Ronald Reagan's memory was. (See campus rape for instance.)
Don't forget crime figures are about as accurate as Ronald Reagan's memory was. (See campus rape for instance.)
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.
Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
some fag that I used to go to school with got arrested today for robbery, not armed tho. I think he's lookin at a decent sentence seeing as he has already been in trouble before. One time he got pulled over and the cops found a loaded, unregistered handgun, with the serial numbers scraped off. On top of that, he was dishonorably discharged (ALMOST positive) from the Army a month or two ago for selling cocaine. I would hope hes in jail for a while at least 









