Teenage Girl Convicted in Ill. Killing

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

User avatar
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 20323
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:13 am
Location: New Bedford, MA

Post by Harrison »

Ouchyfish wrote:You can't honestly say that video games are not playing at least some part in the downfall of America's youth. Honestly, I believe 90% of the blame is parents being forced to work and leave the kid unsupervised but I am telling you these fuckin video games are getting so real so fast and so violent that kids today are becoming as numb to grotesque violence as your typical combat vietnam vet. Sure, it is the same as a rated R movie that kids have been watching for years, but how many rated R movies let YOU control the action and let YOU commit the crimes in the virtual world they create for you?

Don't forget crime figures are about as accurate as Ronald Reagan's memory was. (See campus rape for instance.)


You're fucking retarded if you believe any of that.
User avatar
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 20323
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:13 am
Location: New Bedford, MA

Post by Harrison »

And here's the proof!

http://www.gamerevolution.com/oldsite/a ... olence.htm

Information supplied by U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Statistics.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo
Posts: 14532
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:31 pm

Post by Zanchief »

Harrison wrote:
Ouchyfish wrote:You can't honestly say that video games are not playing at least some part in the downfall of America's youth. Honestly, I believe 90% of the blame is parents being forced to work and leave the kid unsupervised but I am telling you these fuckin video games are getting so real so fast and so violent that kids today are becoming as numb to grotesque violence as your typical combat vietnam vet. Sure, it is the same as a rated R movie that kids have been watching for years, but how many rated R movies let YOU control the action and let YOU commit the crimes in the virtual world they create for you?

Don't forget crime figures are about as accurate as Ronald Reagan's memory was. (See campus rape for instance.)


You're fucking retarded if you believe any of that.
User avatar
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by Lyion »

Well, it's not like she killed her entire family and 11 year old stepsister...
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
User avatar
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron
Posts: 4744
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:57 am

Post by Ouchyfish »

I do not expect a message board made up of 100% video game players to give an unbiased opinion on the video game industry. As for the bureau of statistics, go to fucking college and learn something about reported crime.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.


Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo
Posts: 14532
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:31 pm

Post by Zanchief »

Ouchyfish wrote:I do not expect a message board made up of 100% video game players to give an unbiased opinion on the video game industry. As for the bureau of statistics, go to fucking college and learn something about reported crime.


Would you mind terribly telling us why you think video games are the cause for teen violence?
Kramer
NT Traveller
NT Traveller
Posts: 3397
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:50 pm
Location: tha doity sowf

Post by Kramer »

I think he did that a few posts earlier.
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo
    Posts: 14532
    Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:31 pm

    Post by Zanchief »

    He's just speculating.

    I blame teen violence on George Bush. The kids have turned to violence to dull the pain of moronic simpletons in office.
    User avatar
    Sithos
    NT Oldtimer
    NT Oldtimer
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:12 pm

    Post by Sithos »

    Forget the chair or the gas chamber. Throw this girl into a 20x20 room with all the relatives and family members of the girl she helped murder. Close the door and come back in 24 hours.
    User avatar
    Yamori
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:02 pm

    Post by Yamori »

    I do not expect a message board made up of 100% video game players to give an unbiased opinion on the video game industry. As for the bureau of statistics, go to fucking college and learn something about reported crime.


    So how do you know youth violence is on the rise, and it isn't just an increase in media coverage?
    -Yamori
    AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
    Tikker
    NT Legend
    NT Legend
    Posts: 14294
    Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:22 pm

    Post by Tikker »

    Diekan wrote:naw fuck it - just throw the switch and send her to hell. why bother trying to rehab human waste like that? i mean seriously. when are we going to stop coddling criminals and trying to figure out 'what's wrong with them' and just start taking the trash out?


    If you kill them right away, you can't punch them in the face and see them bleed every week
    User avatar
    Adivina
    NT Deity
    NT Deity
    Posts: 4929
    Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:06 pm

    Post by Adivina »

    How fucking sick. I honestly feel ill thinking about this shit. I think my level of tolerance for being able to read and hear about things like this has drastically changed due to some recent events, I feel sick to my stomach when I read about shit like this now, I can't just look it over with a indifferent eye anymore and move on.
    Donnel wrote:
    Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

    fixt :P
    Gaazy
    NT Deity
    NT Deity
    Posts: 5837
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:32 am
    Location: West by god Virginia

    Post by Gaazy »

    I had an idea once of taking all murderers, rapists, etc. and making a pay-per-view channel for them and letting the country pay to watch them fight lions with pocketknives, or even each other, to only get a life sentence rather than being killed.
    Jay

    Post by Jay »

    Ouchyfish wrote:You can't honestly say that video games are not playing at least some part in the downfall of America's youth. Honestly, I believe 90% of the blame is parents being forced to work and leave the kid unsupervised but I am telling you these fuckin video games are getting so real so fast and so violent that kids today are becoming as numb to grotesque violence as your typical combat vietnam vet. Sure, it is the same as a rated R movie that kids have been watching for years, but how many rated R movies let YOU control the action and let YOU commit the crimes in the virtual world they create for you?

    Don't forget crime figures are about as accurate as Ronald Reagan's memory was. (See campus rape for instance.)


    I agree, but I think it makes a very minor impact. There's so many levels to this arguement. Bottom line is, video games do contribute a tiny bit.
    User avatar
    Gargamellow
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Posts: 8683
    Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
    Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
    Contact:

    Post by Gargamellow »

    The fact is that anything can have an influence on any mind. Music, paintings, the nightly news...these are only a few things that people are exposed to everyday. I believe it is up to the parents and the schools to make sure children can distinguish reality from entertainment.

    We have to stop letting the media raise our children and dictate our lives.

    Another fact is that we have been slaughtering people since time began. Murder is nothing new.

    I have to say that I feel terrible for Adrianne and her family. I feel for her friends and for the teachers who cared about her. I can't help but feel sympathy for anyone going through this kind of crisis. It is horrifying. I can't even fathom the pain.

    Sarah Kolb cut her hair off and left her bangs. I don't know if she is trying to get sexy for the dykes in prison or just trying to look hard. I don't know if she took pleasure in what she did. I just wish that I had been at Taco Bell that night. If I see a fight going on, I jump in every time and make peace. Oh well. We can't sit around wondering all day about the "what ifs" of anything or we would never get anything done so I will finish this drawn out post with this:

    One of the first things Sarah Kolb did after being convicted Wednesday in the murder of Adrianne Reynolds of East Moline was to visit the barber at the Rock Island County Jail.


    Image
    Link of this article:

    http://www.qctimes.net/articles/2006/02 ... 734232.txt
    User avatar
    Drem
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Posts: 8902
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:02 pm

    Post by Drem »

    how could you enjoy a haircut like that
    User avatar
    Darcler
    Saran Wrap Princess
    Saran Wrap Princess
    Posts: 7161
    Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
    Location: Dallas, TX
    Contact:

    Post by Darcler »

    Less time in between washings :dunno:
    Just a dab of baby powder'll do ya. Takes away the greased look.

    Or handle bars for the dykes to grab while they rub her face in their cooch.
    User avatar
    Gargamellow
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Posts: 8683
    Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
    Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
    Contact:

    Post by Gargamellow »

    When you are in jail ou are stuck washing your hair with bar soap if you have no commissary. (Dunno if I spelled that right.)

    Anyway, my friend JoAnna loves washing her hair that way since she did so much time. Apparantly this kid doesn't like washing her hair with bar soap.

    Actually, she reminds me now of this real loser I went out with in junior high. (A guy.)
    User avatar
    Spazz
    Osama bin Spazz
    Osama bin Spazz
    Posts: 4752
    Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:29 pm
    Location: Whitebread burbs

    Post by Spazz »

    I used to have hair like that man.
    WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
    Why Immortal technique?
    Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
    Tuggan
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller
    Posts: 3900
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:12 am
    Location: Michigan

    Post by Tuggan »

    blowjob with handles. :bj:
    User avatar
    Spazz
    Osama bin Spazz
    Osama bin Spazz
    Posts: 4752
    Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:29 pm
    Location: Whitebread burbs

    Post by Spazz »

    Yea dude highskool sucked. I took lotta shit from a lotta dumb people.
    WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
    Why Immortal technique?
    Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
    User avatar
    Yamori
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller
    Posts: 2002
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:02 pm

    Post by Yamori »

    I'm absolutely convinced that disposition to impulsiveness and cruelty in some young (and adult) people is not a new phenomenon in the slightest. All you need to do is look at history to see that people have done absolutely crazy and horrific shit to eachother since civilization began.

    For you older people, I'm sure you can remember seeing how viscious bullies could be with their targets. They didn't have video games, but they routinely did very violent and harmful things completely unprovoked - probably worse than they do these days.

    I'm pretty certain that there were school kids who killed other kids via stabbings for quite a many years - on a statistical level probably at least comparable to the occurence of modern problems. I think the difference was that media was MUCH more localized (ie, only major events made it to national news - youth murders didn't make statewide news), and it was generally seen as something shameful and not to be talked about back in those days.

    Simply put, some kids are statistically going to be sociopaths with very low impulse control, and some are going to be psychotic with violent tendencies. Even in a 'better' society it would happen.
    -Yamori
    AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
    User avatar
    Gargamellow
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Posts: 8683
    Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:39 am
    Location: Nunyafuggin Bidness
    Contact:

    Post by Gargamellow »

    Just so yall fuckas know....I went to a locan b ar tonight and Sarah Kolb's picture was on the dartboard. That bartender told me that she had takien it down once. They keep putting it up.

    I swear man...people are so obsessive.
    User avatar
    Darcler
    Saran Wrap Princess
    Saran Wrap Princess
    Posts: 7161
    Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
    Location: Dallas, TX
    Contact:

    Post by Darcler »

    She cut up a bitch because she showed interest in her boyfriend. I say that's dart throwing material right there.
    I finally read the article in the original post. The ex threatened to kill her, her family and her cats if she told. Her cats! Hahahaha

    I hate girls, they are dumb.
    User avatar
    Captain Insano
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Posts: 8368
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:04 pm
    Location: SoCal

    Post by Captain Insano »

    Video games aren't the problems. It's lack of beatings, too much indulging in homosexual tendencies like EMO, the fact that alpha males aren't allowed to run around school beating ass and keeping all the turds in check, the whole hip-hop agenda.

    Thats the shit that is fucking kids up.


    The first day some little faggot showed up to class with one of those trendy emo-swoops and his sister's pants on they should have let the entire Varsity defensive line beat the piss out of him. Same thing with those dungeons and dragons guys who shot up columbine.

    Parents and teachers allow kids to be huge pussies and then those pussies get stupid ideas and no one is around anymore to totally regulate on their asses.

    Oh, and don't get me started on this whole rap thing. Back in the day, cool kids had like two choices of types of people to aspire too: Cowboys and Pirates. Or you took Karate.

    There was none of this gayassgay hip hop gangster shit happening and cars getting stolen because if you showed up dressed like fucking Kid and Play the cowboys and karate guys would issue an obligatory supreme recess asskicking and the teachers would promptly turn their backs or maybe you get detention at worst.
    Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

    Darcler:
    Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

    Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
    Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
    Post Reply