Nuclear test successful?
Moderator: Dictators in Training
Of course he will. China can veto anything we want to do to them, and while China's pissed about them doing the nuke test, they're not "BOMB THEM" pissed by any stretch. Even if we WANTED to respond militarily, we couldn't, due to the minor factor of our military already being stretched to the breaking point due to his boondoggle in Iraq.
About all that's going to happen is some "tough talking" in public, lots of posturing, and ultimately nothing'll happen, the same as when India and Pakistan did their tests.
Further evidence that the diplomatic strategy Bush & Co. pursued with NK was a complete and abject failure.
-Arlos
About all that's going to happen is some "tough talking" in public, lots of posturing, and ultimately nothing'll happen, the same as when India and Pakistan did their tests.
Further evidence that the diplomatic strategy Bush & Co. pursued with NK was a complete and abject failure.
-Arlos
arlos wrote:You know, I still have yet to understand the Right's blind frothing hatred of Clinton. Disagree with him, sure, but what did he do to inspire such blind hatred?
I mean, look objectively at his administration. We had an incredibly robust economy, actually paid down the national debt, he brokered the deal that brought at least the potential for peace between Israel and Palestine (which would have happened, I think, if Rabin hadn't have been assassinated), etc. etc. etc.
As for North Korea, insulting them repeatedly and being both threatening and belligerant is not a good way to get another country to go along with what we want. While Kim Jong Il may well BE a psychotic wacko, you can't have your diplomatic corps CALL him one publicly and expect to have him still open to viable discussions.
-Arlos
Because he was a "lame duck" president, and a pussy. Not to mention the extramarital affairs, lying to congress, and the citizens of America. Yeah, great guy.

“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Minrott wrote:Wtf, am I being warned for "personal sniping" at Kim Jong Il?
There was a whole segment in there that I moved to EE and that's what I was referring to, not your post.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
"Lame duck" president? Huh? I think you're using that appellation in a manner in which I am not familiar. In common jargon, "Lame Duck" indicates the period of a politician's tenure after the point in which they were voted out of office and when they actually leave office, ie, from early november to the beginning of January, at this point. (It used to be a longer period, but there was a Constitutional Amendment that changed that.)
How do YOU mean it?
Yes, Clinton lied about getting a blowjob. Sorry, but I don't consider that to be that serious an offense. Certainly not when compared to the scale of what someone like Nixon did. Covering up getting a blowjob is not even in the same ballpark as covering up planting bugs in opposition offices, fake press releases that appear to come from an opponent and sabotage their campaigns, secret intelligence apperats, etc. What else do you claim he lied about?
Meanwhile, president Bush has led us into a war that has made our security worse, catered obscenely to big oil and big busineess, and generated the largest budget deficits in the history of the country. I thought the point of being a "conservative" was to, you know, CONSERVE something? The rich have made out hand over fist, the poor have gotten shafted, it's harder for the average person to go to college, the middle class is shrinking, and the gap between the top 1% and the rest of the populace has grown exponentially.
So, when I compare the lies and deceits of the different administrations, well, I consider lying about the causes for a war that has cost 50,000 lives and hundreds of billions of dollars to be vastly more serious than lying about getting a dick sucked by an ugly chick.
-Arlos
How do YOU mean it?
Yes, Clinton lied about getting a blowjob. Sorry, but I don't consider that to be that serious an offense. Certainly not when compared to the scale of what someone like Nixon did. Covering up getting a blowjob is not even in the same ballpark as covering up planting bugs in opposition offices, fake press releases that appear to come from an opponent and sabotage their campaigns, secret intelligence apperats, etc. What else do you claim he lied about?
Meanwhile, president Bush has led us into a war that has made our security worse, catered obscenely to big oil and big busineess, and generated the largest budget deficits in the history of the country. I thought the point of being a "conservative" was to, you know, CONSERVE something? The rich have made out hand over fist, the poor have gotten shafted, it's harder for the average person to go to college, the middle class is shrinking, and the gap between the top 1% and the rest of the populace has grown exponentially.
So, when I compare the lies and deceits of the different administrations, well, I consider lying about the causes for a war that has cost 50,000 lives and hundreds of billions of dollars to be vastly more serious than lying about getting a dick sucked by an ugly chick.
-Arlos
arlos wrote:"Lame duck" president? Huh? I think you're using that appellation in a manner in which I am not familiar. In common jargon, "Lame Duck" indicates the period of a politician's tenure after the point in which they were voted out of office and when they actually leave office, ie, from early november to the beginning of January, at this point. (It used to be a longer period, but there was a Constitutional Amendment that changed that.)
How do YOU mean it?
Yes, Clinton lied about getting a blowjob. Sorry, but I don't consider that to be that serious an offense. Certainly not when compared to the scale of what someone like Nixon did. Covering up getting a blowjob is not even in the same ballpark as covering up planting bugs in opposition offices, fake press releases that appear to come from an opponent and sabotage their campaigns, secret intelligence apperats, etc. What else do you claim he lied about?
Meanwhile, president Bush has led us into a war that has made our security worse, catered obscenely to big oil and big busineess, and generated the largest budget deficits in the history of the country. I thought the point of being a "conservative" was to, you know, CONSERVE something? The rich have made out hand over fist, the poor have gotten shafted, it's harder for the average person to go to college, the middle class is shrinking, and the gap between the top 1% and the rest of the populace has grown exponentially.
So, when I compare the lies and deceits of the different administrations, well, I consider lying about the causes for a war that has cost 50,000 lives and hundreds of billions of dollars to be vastly more serious than lying about getting a dick sucked by an ugly chick.
-Arlos
"Lame Duck" meaning that he didn't do squat to enrich my life, or preserve the heritage of our great nation. Plus, he had the chance to take out OBL, but botched that up too.
"Lame Duck" "POS" it's all the same thing.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Sure enriched my life. During his administration, I went from earning 8 bucks an hour doing phone customer service to 80k a year as a network engineer because of how well the economy skyrocketed. My life has gotten measurably worse since Bush took office.
I also support Clinton's position on social issues, and applauded him for at least TRYING to get us a system of national health care. Add in some of his foreign relations successes, ESPECIALLY the treaty between Rabin & Arafat, and I think he did a pretty good job. Not his fault a radical jewish terrorist assassinated Rabin and blew the entire process to hell.
As for taking out OBL, you do realize that the scene about that in that lame ABC movie was a complete invention, right? He never got the chance to say Yea or Nay to any attempt to take him out, the CIA wouldn't go for any attempts because they weren't sure they could get him.
-Arlos
I also support Clinton's position on social issues, and applauded him for at least TRYING to get us a system of national health care. Add in some of his foreign relations successes, ESPECIALLY the treaty between Rabin & Arafat, and I think he did a pretty good job. Not his fault a radical jewish terrorist assassinated Rabin and blew the entire process to hell.
As for taking out OBL, you do realize that the scene about that in that lame ABC movie was a complete invention, right? He never got the chance to say Yea or Nay to any attempt to take him out, the CIA wouldn't go for any attempts because they weren't sure they could get him.
-Arlos
arlos wrote:Sure enriched my life. During his administration, I went from earning 8 bucks an hour doing phone customer service to 80k a year as a network engineer because of how well the economy skyrocketed. My life has gotten measurably worse since Bush took office.
I also support Clinton's position on social issues, and applauded him for at least TRYING to get us a system of national health care. Add in some of his foreign relations successes, ESPECIALLY the treaty between Rabin & Arafat, and I think he did a pretty good job. Not his fault a radical jewish terrorist assassinated Rabin and blew the entire process to hell.
As for taking out OBL, you do realize that the scene about that in that lame ABC movie was a complete invention, right? He never got the chance to say Yea or Nay to any attempt to take him out, the CIA wouldn't go for any attempts because they weren't sure they could get him.
-Arlos
The economy had absolutely nothing to do with decisions clinton made. Those are just coincidences. I hope you know that. And yes, he did have the chance to take out OBL. He even said on an interview that he tried, and failed.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Ginzburgh wrote:I thought you were going to post less now that you're a truck driver. Or have you moved on already?
I have weekends off, and one day during the week. So, no... I won't be posting less. Plus, I'm getting a laptop so I can post more when I'm on a layover.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
The thread needs more Chris Cagle lyrics.
You might want to think about it
Before you tell me how loud I can play my music
Before you tell me the way I should raise my kids
Before you try to tell me what to say
You might wanna think about it, yeah
Before you turn my family farm into a strip-mall
Before you move another factory overseas
Before you go givin’ my job away
You might wanna think about it, yeah
Think about this land that we live in
All the rights we’ve been given
And the people who died to make us free
Maybe you should start thinkin’
About the fights you’ll be pickin’
And the butt-kickin’ you’ll get from me
You might wanna think about it, yeah
Before you try to take away my ten commandments
Before you try to tell me when and where to pray
Before you go messin’ with my faith
You might wanna think about it, yeah
Think about the choice that you’re makin’
And the stance that you’re takin’
Before you come rollin’ down my street
Maybe you should start thinkin’
About the fight you’ll be pickin’
And the butt-kickin’ you’ll get from me
The ass-whippin’ you’ll get from me
Before you go and try to take away my freedom
Before you go and try to take my voice away
Before you go make a big mistake
You might wanna think about it
You might wanna think about it
You might want to
You might want to
You might want to think about it
You might want to
Brother, you need to
You might wanna thinking about it
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein





