See but the thing is Minrott isn't some ignant hillbilly country kid. He's actually kinda smart. But he's just so fixated on guns and keeping them and flipping off any government that imposes even the most reasonable restrictions.
I have a this one buddy... Grew up in a tiny little town, moved to the big city where I met him. He is now a lawyer here in town.
But when we go down to visit his parents or a float trip that man is all about guns, shootn'-killn'-eatin' whatever he can see, going in on half a cow with his brother and putting in the deep freezer ect.
I am a safe, responsible hunter and the only time I take either of my two guns out of the safe is when I hunt, the rest of the year they are locked up. Unless theres some huge jail penalty or something for being caught with them someday, they are most likely staying in that safe.
Zanchief wrote:flipping off any government that imposes even the most reasonable restrictions.
There are no "reasonable" restrictions for small arms. The very idea is based in a determination of what you "need". I'll decide what I need, that is not the job of government. And hey maybe I don't need a fully automatic assault rifle, but if I decide I want one, that is also my perogative as a law abiding citizen.
Of course it's not only assault weapons that there are "reasonable" restrictions on. Take for instance clip sizes for .22 rifles. While it is still legal to sell and own 30 or 50 round clips, some of these "reasonable" restrictions prohibit the manufature of more... which is just another way to get rid of them. This on a weapon that you generally wouldn't even consider extremly viable as a self defense weapon or hunting larger game... For the most part small game and target shooting.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.
Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
/shrug its a 243, hardly a bazooka I do the vast majority of my hunting with bow though. My other gun is a shotgun my grandpa gave me thats real old, and they can take that from my dead body.
there was a guy here last year who was caught hunting with some kind of assault rifle and I wanted to lynch the fucking guy for giving hunters such a shitty name from it.
Zanchief wrote:flipping off any government that imposes even the most reasonable restrictions.
There are no "reasonable" restrictions for small arms. The very idea is based in a determination of what you "need". I'll decide what I need, that is not the job of government. And hey maybe I don't need a fully automatic assault rifle, but if I decide I want one, that is also my perogative as a law abiding citizen.
Of course it's not only assault weapons that there are "reasonable" restrictions on. Take for instance clip sizes for .22 rifles. While it is still legal to sell and own 30 or 50 round clips, some of these "reasonable" restrictions prohibit the manufature of more... which is just another way to get rid of them. This on a weapon that you generally wouldn't even consider extremly viable as a self defense weapon or hunting larger game... For the most part small game and target shooting.
Limits have to be imposed at some point. You don't want average citizens driving tanks down the street or owning airfields full of fighter jets do you?
Your line in the sand is just a little further down crazy town than mine is.
Zanchief wrote:flipping off any government that imposes even the most reasonable restrictions.
There are no "reasonable" restrictions for small arms. The very idea is based in a determination of what you "need". I'll decide what I need, that is not the job of government. And hey maybe I don't need a fully automatic assault rifle, but if I decide I want one, that is also my perogative as a law abiding citizen.
Of course it's not only assault weapons that there are "reasonable" restrictions on. Take for instance clip sizes for .22 rifles. While it is still legal to sell and own 30 or 50 round clips, some of these "reasonable" restrictions prohibit the manufature of more... which is just another way to get rid of them. This on a weapon that you generally wouldn't even consider extremly viable as a self defense weapon or hunting larger game... For the most part small game and target shooting.
Limits have to be imposed at some point. You don't want average citizens driving tanks down the street or owning airfields full of fighter jets do you?
Your line in the sand is just a little further down crazy town than mine is.
too late. i know people that have tanks and half-tracks etc. there was a program on WHYY that was showing these millionares with super-sonic jet fighters. Like F-105's etc.. was kinda cool
Yep was just gonna say I recently read an article about a guy who litterally drives a tank to work.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.
Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
these guys are collectors. the tank cannot fire etc its just a working model. same with his half track and his howitzer. they are all ww2 relics he restored. I dont see anything wrong with that. they arent using the tank to rob banks etc mostly they are in parades. the fighter collectors arent even in the US they are in S africa cause civialians arent arent allowed to own military jets of this type in the US.
these guys are collectors. the tank cannot fire etc its just a working model. same with his half track and his howitzer. they are all ww2 relics he restored. I dont see anything wrong with that. they arent using the tank to rob banks etc mostly they are in parades. the fighter collectors arent even in the US they are in S africa cause civialians arent arent allowed to own military jets of this type in the US.
BAM there you go. The government unreasonably telling me I can't own a fucking fighting jet. Those meddlesome bastards.
Tikker wrote:I had no idea you were a crackpot lueyen
just because you want to own various weapons (of mass destruction omg) doesn't mean that you should be allowed to
Lueyen wrote:There are no "reasonable" restrictions for small arms.
I was not advocating the right of civilians to own a fully functional M1A1 or something of that nature.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.
Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
So you believe the government should tell people what they can and cannot own?
Yes, there has to be some limitations. You can't say "common sense" anymore. Using the analogies above some could own a fully operational A-bomb if they so wished. (As a collector obv )
As long as we take away their uranium?
Nidob Sboobnam
Arch Animist of Legacy of Steel
I dont play World Of Warcraft. Instead Im playin Hello Kitty Online Adventures.
When it comes to reasonable gun controll there really is no such thing. Yes i spose i think there should be missle and artillery controll but none whatso ever on personel arms. Only people who are effected by these gun laws are people that prolly werent gonna commit a crime in the first place. CRIMINALS DONT CARE ABOUT LAWS and when there is a market for something people are going to get it. Gun controll is feal good legislation that has no effect on crime at all.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER Why Immortal technique? Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.