Page 5 of 7

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:34 pm
by Insanityfair
Zanchief wrote:
Insanityfair wrote:Xaoshaen is right though, LW seems to be pretty useless.


You mock Zanchief's profession? Oh you engineers and your iron rings think you're so damn smart.

You do have iron rings in the US right?


I see more people that leave doing LW than any other trade. I get to blow things up, that's my main purpose in engineering...bombs have often been a successful last ditch effort when I'm oom.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:54 pm
by xaoshaen
Insanityfair wrote:
Zanchief wrote:
Insanityfair wrote:Xaoshaen is right though, LW seems to be pretty useless.


You mock Zanchief's profession? Oh you engineers and your iron rings think you're so damn smart.

You do have iron rings in the US right?


I see more people that leave doing LW than any other trade. I get to blow things up, that's my main purpose in engineering...bombs have often been a successful last ditch effort when I'm oom.


You can never have enough boom. It's the lesser known corollary to rule 37: There is no overkill. There is only "Open fire" and "I need to reload".

Heck, my latest mage is an engineer.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:06 pm
by Insanityfair
xaoshaen wrote:
Insanityfair wrote:
Zanchief wrote:
Insanityfair wrote:Xaoshaen is right though, LW seems to be pretty useless.


You mock Zanchief's profession? Oh you engineers and your iron rings think you're so damn smart.

You do have iron rings in the US right?


I see more people that leave doing LW than any other trade. I get to blow things up, that's my main purpose in engineering...bombs have often been a successful last ditch effort when I'm oom.


You can never have enough boom. It's the lesser known corollary to rule 37: There is no overkill. There is only "Open fire" and "I need to reload".

Heck, my latest mage is an engineer.


Not being able to use the guns I make is my sole disappointment. :cry:

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:14 pm
by xaoshaen
Insanityfair wrote:Not being able to use the guns I make is my sole disappointment. :cry:


The time spent firing a gun is a wasted opportunity to throw high explosive at your opponent. It is easily demonstrable that high explosive yields a much higher boom per time ratio than mere firearms.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:22 pm
by Insanityfair
xaoshaen wrote:
Insanityfair wrote:Not being able to use the guns I make is my sole disappointment. :cry:


The time spent firing a gun is a wasted opportunity to throw high explosive at your opponent. It is easily demonstrable that high explosive yields a much higher boom per time ratio than mere firearms.


True, but guns are something to use while the bomb timer is refreshing. Sure I've got a wand but still...

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:24 pm
by xaoshaen
Insanityfair wrote:True, but guns are something to use while the bomb timer is refreshing. Sure I've got a wand but still...


That's what the explosive sheep are for!

(No, not that, you sick fucks.)

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:27 pm
by Tacks
They need an upgraded version of the sheep though, the only one we have it weak!

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:29 pm
by Insanityfair
It has never been outdone in the comedy department though. :rofl:

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:52 pm
by Shneider
Taxx wrote:
Darcler wrote:
Taxx wrote:Dead-end guild!


Yet to be seen.


That is a quote directly from Zanchief.

And the way Strauss is leading the thing into the ground it's going nowhere. All the OA people who have actually raided got out of the merger situation ASAP. How the fuck do you guys stand absolute loot-whoring asshats like Genobreaker. He seems nice enough but needs to chill the fuck out. Loot has gone to the guild's head, I knew it would happen. Strauss is a nice guy but there's a reason I wanted Kungmoo to be leader. The ideologies that I established when I was leading weren't carried through. I never made any decisions without first asking for guild opinion. As soon as I found out news, so did the guild. The BS that has been going on lately is exactly what I didn't want to happen when I left. It should be the people's guild and not a few power-hungry loot mongers with the only voices. Thats a big reason why 4 of their regular players left in the past 2 weeks.


The folks in Obsidian Asylum who had the time and inclination towards raiding with Wanderers did so and were not expected to change. I'm at a loss as far as loot whoring goes... Any specific incidents to which your're referring Kezz? (You mentioned Genobreaker, a new initiate, to my knowledge he's not received anything froma 10, 15, or 40 person raid of yet; I could be wrong, but I will gladly check if it is a concern amongst interested parties). We've an informal bank system, the vast majority of which is given away; the trade-able set pieces are always sent there for people who need, even purchased by folks who no points. Most people's gear is acquired via five man instances, not from raids so if you're implying that only a few people are receiving things from raids then I respectfully disagree.

We have regular meetings that we report on and plan for current and future activities, as well as the forums, which thanks to Gidan have a higher degree of activity; and as was stated suggestions, commentary, ideas and such are always welcome, just no personal attacks against anyone. The whole thing is a work in progress.

As far as people leaving, to that I can only say, it's difficult to operate a guild with a fairly even distribution of a casual and hardcore member base. We've done our best to reconcile some of those differences, sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't. The result, some people feel like moving on to the larger guilds to get their epic sets at a faster pace, and they're welcome to do so. There's no point in begrudging those that do, it's just a design feature that the larger guilds can do that stuff faster. We've a relatively small member base so we just make do with what we have, don't mass recruit, play for fun and at our own pace.

Cheers,
Strauss

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:55 pm
by The Kizzy
*in a eastern european accent* STRAUSS

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:24 pm
by Insanityfair
Shneider wrote:
Taxx wrote:
Darcler wrote:
Taxx wrote:Dead-end guild!


Yet to be seen.


That is a quote directly from Zanchief.

And the way Strauss is leading the thing into the ground it's going nowhere. All the OA people who have actually raided got out of the merger situation ASAP. How the fuck do you guys stand absolute loot-whoring asshats like Genobreaker. He seems nice enough but needs to chill the fuck out. Loot has gone to the guild's head, I knew it would happen. Strauss is a nice guy but there's a reason I wanted Kungmoo to be leader. The ideologies that I established when I was leading weren't carried through. I never made any decisions without first asking for guild opinion. As soon as I found out news, so did the guild. The BS that has been going on lately is exactly what I didn't want to happen when I left. It should be the people's guild and not a few power-hungry loot mongers with the only voices. Thats a big reason why 4 of their regular players left in the past 2 weeks.


The folks in Obsidian Asylum who had the time and inclination towards raiding with Wanderers did so and were not expected to change. I'm at a loss as far as loot whoring goes... Any specific incidents to which your're referring Kezz? (You mentioned Genobreaker, a new initiate, to my knowledge he's not received anything froma 10, 15, or 40 person raid of yet; I could be wrong, but I will gladly check if it is a concern amongst interested parties). We've an informal bank system, the vast majority of which is given away; the trade-able set pieces are always sent there for people who need, even purchased by folks who no points. Most people's gear is acquired via five man instances, not from raids so if you're implying that only a few people are receiving things from raids then I respectfully disagree.

We have regular meetings that we report on and plan for current and future activities, as well as the forums, which thanks to Gidan have a higher degree of activity; and as was stated suggestions, commentary, ideas and such are always welcome, just no personal attacks against anyone. The whole thing is a work in progress.

As far as people leaving, to that I can only say, it's difficult to operate a guild with a fairly even distribution of a casual and hardcore member base. We've done our best to reconcile some of those differences, sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't. The result, some people feel like moving on to the larger guilds to get their epic sets at a faster pace, and they're welcome to do so. There's no point in begrudging those that do, it's just a design feature that the larger guilds can do that stuff faster. We've a relatively small member base so we just make do with what we have, don't mass recruit, play for fun and at our own pace.

Cheers,
Strauss


I see this pointed at Kezz, but some of the things I can answer to, as they are problems that I saw. Perhaps Geno didn't get anything from anything considered a raid yet. I was on a great many a days where I heard about him bugging a guildmate to no end about mats for his epic mount HIS FIRST WEEK WITH THE GUILD. That's just wrong imo no matter how you play it because the guy truly was annoying bordering on harassing. Btw ask if he ever paid her back for them. I would be very suprised if he has. (on that note I was just told by someone "I think he has paid her back for it, which would be shocking.") He sat and bugged people in guild to help him go get said epic mount in DM. I flat out ignored him because the way he was acting was disrespectful at bare minimum. I heard him, numerous times try to get groups together because something he wanted dropped in that zone, (his words too) and would actually refuse groups because that zone didn't drop something he wanted, no he wanted to do zone x or y instead. So he didn't get loot in raids...that just means he was a loot whore that didn't succeed. I get tells almost daily about what an @$$ the guy is. Oh and when I couldn't make the first MC and he was saying in guild that oh I should be there, and I said I couldn't I had to work early, then he says are you attuned, you should be here we need healers etc. like he was the raid leader and/or had any place telling anyone what they should be doing. If you don't see it, I don't know what to tell you, as I saw it pretty much every day.

We've done our best to reconcile some of those differences, sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't. The result, some people feel like moving on to the larger guilds to get their epic sets at a faster pace, and they're welcome to do so.


And if you think that's why I left it shows how little you knew me.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:03 pm
by Shneider
Thanks Syrena for bringing this to my attention. The aforementioned was not directed at you Syrena as I don't claim any special access to your thoughts, nor do I think myself as being owed an explanation as to why people leave. If you felt ostracized or pressured in any way, I apologize and empathize, as its something we're all familiar with to some degree. These are things I always tell officers and members alike to guard against as games take little precedent in life, obviously other priorities come first. Your reasons are your own, if you care to share them, that too is your prerogative. That is a standard I apply to everyone.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:52 pm
by Darcler
You left me, IF? :(

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:23 am
by Insanityfair
Last week, yeah. Due to what I stated about regarding a new member and lack of people dealing with him, among other things. I still do quite a few groups and such with TN (just not Geno) and will still help when I can Darc. :(

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:41 am
by Tacks
I don't care enough about the guild anymore to write up a novel sized reply so I will just say, come back in a month from now and see how the situation is. You're about to lose another officer, and 3 other players as well.

The straw that broke the camel's back is when *I* found out about the merger before your guild even did. We were in a group in DM when we heard about it.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:06 am
by Zanchief
Taxx wrote:The straw that broke the camel's back is when *I* found out about the merger before your guild even did. We were in a group in DM when we heard about it.


WTF I thought I was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:16 am
by The Kizzy
Don't think they have decided for or against the merger. I think it's something that is just on the table. From what I understand anyway. And if there is, why do you care, you left the guild because you weren't having fun, and now you are.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:21 am
by Tacks
You shouldn't even have an opinion whatsoever, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about since you've been gone so long. I know 10 X more about the situation than you do. Based on your statement you made you just made yourself look like a fool with the merger talk... I still care because I DO want the guild to succeed, thanks for your concern though.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:24 am
by The Kizzy
If you say so. I have talked to officers, and I did it before I rejoined. Some of us still play the game to have fun, not for the drama.

If you want the guild to succeed then why do you knock it every chance you get? You left the Nameless, they didn't kick you out.

Yes, I and many others consider the Wanderers one of the top 5 guilds on the server and you one of the top 5 rogues. Everyone knows it, you don't have to flaunt it.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:27 am
by Insanityfair
Kizzy wrote:If you say so. I have talked to officers, and I did it before I rejoined. Some of us still play the game to have fun, not for the drama.

If you want the guild to succeed then why do you knock it every chance you get? You left the Nameless, they didn't kick you out.

Yes, I and many others consider the Wanderers one of the top 5 guilds on the server and you one of the top 5 rogues. Everyone knows it, you don't have to flaunt it.


I've talked to an awful lot of the officers/members as well, and no, they don't play for the drama, and that's why they might leave too.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:30 am
by The Kizzy
That is what I was told as well. We will just have to see what happens.

The guild tabard we have now is awesome. So non ghey

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:57 am
by Tacks
Insanityfair wrote:
Kizzy wrote:If you say so. I have talked to officers, and I did it before I rejoined. Some of us still play the game to have fun, not for the drama.

If you want the guild to succeed then why do you knock it every chance you get? You left the Nameless, they didn't kick you out.

Yes, I and many others consider the Wanderers one of the top 5 guilds on the server and you one of the top 5 rogues. Everyone knows it, you don't have to flaunt it.


I've talked to an awful lot of the officers/members as well, and no, they don't play for the drama, and that's why they might leave too.


What she said. I didn't want the drama and neither does anyone else. This has absolutely nothing to do with my guild or my rogue so don't even bring me into it. If you hadn't been gone the past what 4 months then you would know I didn't knock the guild. I actually went on many instance runs with them even long after i needed no loot from where they went. You come back for 3 days and think you know everything, you don't. There was already 1 merger, the other is imminent. Yeah, I'm sorry for caring maybe I should just NOT care and let the guild rot.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:07 am
by The Kizzy
Taxx wrote:
Darcler wrote:
Taxx wrote:Dead-end guild!


Yet to be seen.


That is a quote directly from Zanchief.

And the way Strauss is leading the thing into the ground it's going nowhere. All the OA people who have actually raided got out of the merger situation ASAP. How the fuck do you guys stand absolute loot-whoring asshats like Genobreaker. He seems nice enough but needs to chill the fuck out. Loot has gone to the guild's head, I knew it would happen. Strauss is a nice guy but there's a reason I wanted Kungmoo to be leader. The ideologies that I established when I was leading weren't carried through. I never made any decisions without first asking for guild opinion. As soon as I found out news, so did the guild. The BS that has been going on lately is exactly what I didn't want to happen when I left. It should be the people's guild and not a few power-hungry loot mongers with the only voices. Thats a big reason why 4 of their regular players left in the past 2 weeks.


I would consider this statement knocking the guild, and it's leader.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:15 am
by Tacks
And this happened what...2 DAYS AGO? Way to go Sherlock. And what do you have to say about the 4 months prior? Awaiting an answer.......

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:16 am
by The Kizzy
I lived with you. You used to say all sorts of things. Can't prove it, because it's my word against yours.