new to WoW
Moderator: Dictators in Training
- kaharthemad
- NT Traveller

- Posts: 3768
- Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
- Location: Somewhere South of Disorder
new to WoW
with all the crap going on in SOE as of late I decided to give WoW a try again.
Is the stability problems I had late night gaming always a issue? I logged in 3 times on 2 different servers over the last couple nights and at the stroke of 12am got thrown from my server. Do they do a reboot at night for the servers?
patches...what is the usual size of the download?
Servers...give me a good server to play my Undead Warlock on, I would ask the same of my Elf but I found a nice RP server without 6times the fucking kids on most servers, however if any of you have a couple of lower levels I think me and mar would consider going to another server.
Is the stability problems I had late night gaming always a issue? I logged in 3 times on 2 different servers over the last couple nights and at the stroke of 12am got thrown from my server. Do they do a reboot at night for the servers?
patches...what is the usual size of the download?
Servers...give me a good server to play my Undead Warlock on, I would ask the same of my Elf but I found a nice RP server without 6times the fucking kids on most servers, however if any of you have a couple of lower levels I think me and mar would consider going to another server.

I haven't had stability issues in months really. Not even as bad as Everquest was. Patch days are usually a mess but it calms down a few hours later. Patches are usually 50ish MB and I don't think anyone actually uses Blizzard's downloader anymore. I use fileplanet, takes 30 seconds. Whisperwind blows because it's 4:1 ratio alliance to horde but if you want to help out, by all means, join.
- Insanityfair
- Dictator in Training

- Posts: 2379
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 am
- The Kizzy
- NT Patron

- Posts: 15193
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:48 pm
- Location: In the closet with the ghosts
I cancelled my WoW account because I never played because of school. I am done with this semester as of Wednesday, and I have a month off. Maybe I will rejoin and play the drood. I don't remember anything Horde side though, so I dunno. I will be forever stuck at level 39
Zanchief wrote:Harrison wrote:I'm not dead
Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
- kaharthemad
- NT Traveller

- Posts: 3768
- Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
- Location: Somewhere South of Disorder
- Insanityfair
- Dictator in Training

- Posts: 2379
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 am
- kaharthemad
- NT Traveller

- Posts: 3768
- Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
- Location: Somewhere South of Disorder
We started in Feathermoon the other night with our Alliance characters. within 10 minutes some mage came by gave my night elf a port to Stormwind so me and Mar could group together...gave us some money to get us going and gave me a metric ton of grind scraps she had stored up so I could grind out leatherworking. From the get go I have been exceedingly impressed by the friendliness of the people on that server. I have had a few times last night where I was grinding at a guy would come by ever 20 minutes or so and would buff the hell out of me. Another saw me grinding at one place and took me to another place a bit safer and equal level. Just i dont know...if this is the indication of the type of people you get on the RP servers hell I think Ill stay put on the Alliance side of things.

- kaharthemad
- NT Traveller

- Posts: 3768
- Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
- Location: Somewhere South of Disorder
- Insanityfair
- Dictator in Training

- Posts: 2379
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 am
I don't care so much what people's stupid names are, just makes for an easier target...however, I don't like saying "Bigtrouser is on me" when he chooses to attack me...that's just creepy.
How far are you from 38 Darc?
And Kahar, I think there are friendly people and @$$holes on every server honestly, sounds like you ran into a few good people.
How far are you from 38 Darc?
And Kahar, I think there are friendly people and @$$holes on every server honestly, sounds like you ran into a few good people.

- kaharthemad
- NT Traveller

- Posts: 3768
- Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
- Location: Somewhere South of Disorder
Goose_Man wrote:I've tried to get into WoW now 4 times. Each time I play for a while then get burnt out. It just gets too boring for me.
Its summer time. I don't think that's WOW, I think it's you. I have the same prob, Goose. WOW is great fun but I just can't play anygame hardcore now, and WOW is about as part time MMO friendly as any of them.
Frostwolf where I play is d00derrific. The sad thing is EQ2 Highkeep was just as bad, so I dont think its a game as much as there are just more dorkfuck types playing MMOs nowadays versus in 1997-99.
A lot of it is the people you group/guild with. A good casual group who knows what they are doing makes WOW hella fun.
My problem is my group just went to Gareth/DAOC a bit ago and I'm sick of FW so I'm somewhat trying to figure out what to do. I wont play a mage as its not fun for me, but I'm not keen on levelling another toon after doing 2 to 50+.
Crafting in WOW is very trivial and simple compared to SWG or EQ2, Kahar. Its worthwhile to do and you can make some cash but its not as vital as other games, or at all in depth.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
– C. S. Lewis
There's not much money in crafting till you get to the highest levels of the skill and have a pattern or two that's rare/unusual. The lower/midlevel stuff is saturated.
It's good, though, for someone just starting out without seed money. You can make yourself some things that will be better than the drops you'll get for a long while... and by then you'll have money to purchase stuff from the AH.
Overall - it's worthwhile.
It's good, though, for someone just starting out without seed money. You can make yourself some things that will be better than the drops you'll get for a long while... and by then you'll have money to purchase stuff from the AH.
Overall - it's worthwhile.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
- Darcler
- Saran Wrap Princess

- Posts: 7161
- Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Contact:
I went to SM with a bunch of geniuses today, and while it was a painful group to be in, they did get me half a level. So I am halfway to 38. If I logged on, I could hit 38 tonight...with help.
Crafting is easy and fun. You can stick whatever you want in the AH and it will most likely sell. People twinking alts with too much money are good for that.
Guys, come play in my guild. I dont know anyone in it and no one talks to me, so ask myself or Gidan for an invite. I'll log him on if he isnt on.
Crafting is easy and fun. You can stick whatever you want in the AH and it will most likely sell. People twinking alts with too much money are good for that.
Guys, come play in my guild. I dont know anyone in it and no one talks to me, so ask myself or Gidan for an invite. I'll log him on if he isnt on.




