Page 1 of 1

I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:50 am
by Zanchief

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:59 am
by Griever
This ruined my day.

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:24 am
by recks
If life was fair they would do the same to him

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:49 pm
by araby
I want to take a jab at this one, because only one thing I've read recently could point to a thread title like this...

Is this about the dog that they starved for art?

My roommate sent me this the other day and I was pretty upset afterward.

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:11 am
by Eziekial
No. It's a dog in a dryer that dies because the drunk owner put her in to teach a lesson and he fell asleep. What kind of moron puts a dog in a dryer to teach a lesson? All your clothes will smell like dog after you dry them.

Also, what does starving dogs have to do with art?

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:22 am
by Martrae
Not dryer....washing machine.

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:49 am
by araby

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:21 pm
by Minrott
What the fuck is that about. My sound doesn't work. I don't think I want to hear it anyway.

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:57 am
by 10sun
Brown dog taste best, not black.

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:50 am
by Eziekial
Poodle is delicious.

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:57 am
by Markarado
Have any of you ever tried dog? I've had it a couple of times. Once in China.... a nice spicey dish with rice.. was pretty good! The other time I tried it was when my friend brought back a bag of dried dog meat back from China to Malaysia after summer break. That shit was kinda nasty.

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:07 am
by brinstar
i live in malaysia

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:54 pm
by Tossica
In the words of my aunt Ok Yi (RIP) from South Korea.

"Big dog eat, little dog keep"

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:41 am
by Drem
it was this part " Police photographs taken in Glazzard's kitchen, in Lye in Stourbridge, show bite marks made by Maisie in the drum of the machine. "

fucked up :/

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:43 am
by Jay
Both the "artist" and this Glazzard guy are fucked up. Poor dog drowning and suffering trauma at the same time =\

And that artist needs to kill himself if he thinks that's remotely artistic. Along with all the people that went to his exhibit and ignored that.

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:39 am
by Drem
Jay wrote:Both the "artist" and this Glazzard guy are fucked up. Poor dog drowning and suffering trauma at the same time =\

And that artist needs to kill himself if he thinks that's remotely artistic. Along with all the people that went to his exhibit and ignored that.


yeah FFS

that is not art

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:46 pm
by araby
There's a petition linked to the site, or somewhere online to prevent them from doing it...

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:56 pm
by Drem
actually it's already resolved. she admitted it was all bullshit and Yale banned the exhibit. it was supposed to go on display over a week ago i think

then i read an op-ed on the Yale site about it (still don't get how people can take her side) and my favorite reply was:


someone wrote:#11 By (Anonymous) 9:52am on April 23, 2008

And as long as art takes that stand, that it's allowed to do anything it wants without having to care about the consequences because it's "different," it will continue to be the outcast of modern society.

Perhaps we're all better off that way, actually...


so true