Page 1 of 7

new to WoW

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:48 am
by kaharthemad
with all the crap going on in SOE as of late I decided to give WoW a try again.

Is the stability problems I had late night gaming always a issue? I logged in 3 times on 2 different servers over the last couple nights and at the stroke of 12am got thrown from my server. Do they do a reboot at night for the servers?

patches...what is the usual size of the download?

Servers...give me a good server to play my Undead Warlock on, I would ask the same of my Elf but I found a nice RP server without 6times the fucking kids on most servers, however if any of you have a couple of lower levels I think me and mar would consider going to another server.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:51 am
by Darcler
The Nameless is on Whisperwind. Gidan, IF and myself are in that. Taxx also plays on the server but in another guild.
We are horde so if you want to join us, please do. I need lower levels to play with :) I level slow.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:53 am
by The Kizzy
I logged on my druid one night a few weeks ago, and I had been kicked from Nameless. I cried. Then I got over it.


Alot of nameless are on Medivh guild named Heaven. They are Alliance.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:54 am
by Darcler
Play with me guys :(

We redid the guild so everyone was kicked.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:55 am
by Tacks
I haven't had stability issues in months really. Not even as bad as Everquest was. Patch days are usually a mess but it calms down a few hours later. Patches are usually 50ish MB and I don't think anyone actually uses Blizzard's downloader anymore. I use fileplanet, takes 30 seconds. Whisperwind blows because it's 4:1 ratio alliance to horde but if you want to help out, by all means, join.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:57 am
by Insanityfair
Darcler is right, at the time we all got kicked, and only the people who sent tells and/or were on for the re-do got invited back.

And I would play with you Darc, but one toon too high, one toon to low, I'm not much good. :(

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:00 am
by The Kizzy
I cancelled my WoW account because I never played because of school. I am done with this semester as of Wednesday, and I have a month off. Maybe I will rejoin and play the drood. I don't remember anything Horde side though, so I dunno. I will be forever stuck at level 39

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:01 am
by kaharthemad
any chance either of those servers RP?
sorry I cant stomache the dude speak and the character names such as the undead that ran by me last night named 'Moldykoolaid" and 'Lacksjawbone".

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:01 am
by Darcler
PL me :)

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:02 am
by The Kizzy
No RP, sorry. But its not too bad.

Darcler, I will look you up Wednesday night.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:04 am
by Insanityfair
I thought every server had people with retarded names?


Guy I keep seeing in battlegrounds named Bigtrouser....nuff said. :ugh:

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:05 am
by Tacks
I know of a ton of people who went to RP servers just so they can steamroll the "non-l33t d00dz" =P

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:07 am
by kaharthemad
We started in Feathermoon the other night with our Alliance characters. within 10 minutes some mage came by gave my night elf a port to Stormwind so me and Mar could group together...gave us some money to get us going and gave me a metric ton of grind scraps she had stored up so I could grind out leatherworking. From the get go I have been exceedingly impressed by the friendliness of the people on that server. I have had a few times last night where I was grinding at a guy would come by ever 20 minutes or so and would buff the hell out of me. Another saw me grinding at one place and took me to another place a bit safer and equal level. Just i dont know...if this is the indication of the type of people you get on the RP servers hell I think Ill stay put on the Alliance side of things.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:07 am
by Tacks
BIGTROUSERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR at least he dies easy like most alliance nooblers

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:09 am
by kaharthemad
btw at present I play a level 10 Night Elf Hunter and a level 17 Undead Warlock.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:14 am
by Darcler
I play 37 priest. Shes been 37 for a couple weeks now

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:26 am
by Insanityfair
I don't care so much what people's stupid names are, just makes for an easier target...however, I don't like saying "Bigtrouser is on me" when he chooses to attack me...that's just creepy.

How far are you from 38 Darc?

And Kahar, I think there are friendly people and @$$holes on every server honestly, sounds like you ran into a few good people. :)

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:59 am
by kaharthemad
couple other things..on crafting. is crafted shit worth spending the time on? I mean it is not like Im doing anything more than skinning the hide and making pants for my hunter. But im intereted in finding out if the dropped shit is better than what I can make.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:02 pm
by Tacks
Crafting in WoW is very good and lots of crafted items are used by players. Some are better than others but it's worth it.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:18 pm
by Goose_Man
I've tried to get into WoW now 4 times. Each time I play for a while then get burnt out. It just gets too boring for me.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:21 pm
by Lyion
Goose_Man wrote:I've tried to get into WoW now 4 times. Each time I play for a while then get burnt out. It just gets too boring for me.


Its summer time. I don't think that's WOW, I think it's you. I have the same prob, Goose. WOW is great fun but I just can't play anygame hardcore now, and WOW is about as part time MMO friendly as any of them.

Frostwolf where I play is d00derrific. The sad thing is EQ2 Highkeep was just as bad, so I dont think its a game as much as there are just more dorkfuck types playing MMOs nowadays versus in 1997-99.

A lot of it is the people you group/guild with. A good casual group who knows what they are doing makes WOW hella fun.

My problem is my group just went to Gareth/DAOC a bit ago and I'm sick of FW so I'm somewhat trying to figure out what to do. I wont play a mage as its not fun for me, but I'm not keen on levelling another toon after doing 2 to 50+.

Crafting in WOW is very trivial and simple compared to SWG or EQ2, Kahar. Its worthwhile to do and you can make some cash but its not as vital as other games, or at all in depth.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:13 pm
by Langston
There's not much money in crafting till you get to the highest levels of the skill and have a pattern or two that's rare/unusual. The lower/midlevel stuff is saturated.

It's good, though, for someone just starting out without seed money. You can make yourself some things that will be better than the drops you'll get for a long while... and by then you'll have money to purchase stuff from the AH.

Overall - it's worthwhile.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:17 pm
by Mop
alot of tfs is on Blackhand. horde

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:52 pm
by brinstar
Kizzy wrote:I logged on my druid one night a few weeks ago, and I had been kicked from Nameless. I cried. Then I got over it.


same with my warlock ;\

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:32 pm
by Darcler
I went to SM with a bunch of geniuses today, and while it was a painful group to be in, they did get me half a level. So I am halfway to 38. If I logged on, I could hit 38 tonight...with help.

Crafting is easy and fun. You can stick whatever you want in the AH and it will most likely sell. People twinking alts with too much money are good for that.

Guys, come play in my guild. I dont know anyone in it and no one talks to me, so ask myself or Gidan for an invite. I'll log him on if he isnt on.