new to WoW

More drama than an episode of Buffy

Moderator: Dictators in Training

User avatar
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
Location: Somewhere South of Disorder

Post by kaharthemad »

Darc we will see what we can do hun.
Also, any hunters out there can perhaps answer me this. I just got to 10 last night and did my quest, which was one of the most painful experiences since camping the damn ptirst of Najena for 9 hours straight (back in the day) main reason I was in stormwind area playing with Mar and they sent my ass all the way to dolanaar. Also they decided not to notify me that I had to take the last quest to lean to feed Fluffy the Wonder Spider, so back I went on the same run.

Anywho, I can train a Pet with stuff like claw and growl and such but I would like to know the points I use for it do not come from talent points do they? If they do are they worth storing up to give him or should I just say screw it?
Image
Zanchief

Post by Zanchief »

I'm back in the Nameless!!
User avatar
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 16393
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:18 pm
Location: PA

Post by Tacks »

Dead-end guild!
User avatar
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:00 am

Post by Donnel »

Your pet has it's own pool of "learning points" that goes up as he levels.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
User avatar
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 7491
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:07 pm

Post by Langston »

Donnel wrote:Your pet has it's own pool of "learning points" that goes up as he levels.


and as he gains loyalty.

It's worth training him as you get the points and learn new abilities from other tamed creatures. You'll not have a problem having enough points to train him with new skills once he's gotten to about loyalty level 4. When you first tame one, you'll either be at zero points or even negative (if he came with skill(s) already) but that will change quickly as you continue to feed him and exp grind.

It can't be stressed enough to keep your pet fed well. If he's not green, he's not gaining loyalty as quickly.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
User avatar
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess
Posts: 7161
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by Darcler »

Taxx wrote:Dead-end guild!


Yet to be seen.
User avatar
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
Location: Somewhere South of Disorder

Post by kaharthemad »

ok thanks for the info guys. it has been a major help. there was limited info on the main page about this part so I was a bit confused as to what I should and should not do.


Now if only i could tame bunnies....
Image
User avatar
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 16393
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:18 pm
Location: PA

Post by Tacks »

Darcler wrote:
Taxx wrote:Dead-end guild!


Yet to be seen.


That is a quote directly from Zanchief.

And the way Strauss is leading the thing into the ground it's going nowhere. All the OA people who have actually raided got out of the merger situation ASAP. How the fuck do you guys stand absolute loot-whoring asshats like Genobreaker. He seems nice enough but needs to chill the fuck out. Loot has gone to the guild's head, I knew it would happen. Strauss is a nice guy but there's a reason I wanted Kungmoo to be leader. The ideologies that I established when I was leading weren't carried through. I never made any decisions without first asking for guild opinion. As soon as I found out news, so did the guild. The BS that has been going on lately is exactly what I didn't want to happen when I left. It should be the people's guild and not a few power-hungry loot mongers with the only voices. Thats a big reason why 4 of their regular players left in the past 2 weeks.
Last edited by Tacks on Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess
Posts: 7161
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by Darcler »

I dont know about any of that. I'm not big enough to raid with them. I am just basing my statement on they are still raiding and doing things, there is intrest of doing other things.

I want to look for another guild to join, a lower level one, but I havent grouped with anyone good enough to consider looking into their guild.

Though as low as I may be, I have still gotten offers to help me level...none have followed through for one reason or another, and I get help with quests sometimes.
I dont have to worry about being in a guild that Gid is in, he works overnights and doesnt play during the day anymore so I am never really on when he is anyway.

We'll see. Unless I get some more low levels, non alts, to play with, I'm looking elsewhere until I am raid level. Then it's back to the Undecided Guild Name formerly known as The Nameless.
Zanchief

Post by Zanchief »

Taxx wrote:
Darcler wrote:
Taxx wrote:Dead-end guild!


Yet to be seen.


That is a quote directly from Zanchief.


Sounds like something I would say.
User avatar
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 7491
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:07 pm

Post by Langston »

I always thought it would be cool to let hunters tame critters as vanity pets... maybe even be able to sell them.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
User avatar
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard
Posts: 9861
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:22 am
Location: Westwood, California
Contact:

Post by 10sun »

Taxx wrote:
Darcler wrote:
Taxx wrote:Dead-end guild!


Yet to be seen.


That is a quote directly from Zanchief.

And the way Strauss is leading the thing into the ground it's going nowhere. How the fuck do you guys stand absolute loot-whoring asshats like Genobreaker and Hornedbull LET ALONE MAKE ONE AN OFFICER. There's a reason I wanted Kungmoo to be leader.


I agree Zanchief's quote. That is one of the reasons I left.

-Adam
User avatar
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 16393
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:18 pm
Location: PA

Post by Tacks »

Darcler the game is so pathetically easy to level that theres no real reason to join a "low level guild". You're just going to get outleveled again anyways.
User avatar
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training
Posts: 2379
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 am

Post by Insanityfair »

Till I got to about the 50's I was doing almost 1 level a day. The only things I had a group for was stuff like SM, ZF, Mauradon, etc. Instances. For the majority of the time I've played leveling I was either solo or duo'd with a rogue.

I semi agree with the above statements, as when TN got to MC, and even a while before that, it was loot loot loot to the point of people harassing people into going. (not everyone mind you, I like a great deal of those in TN) Which obviously didn't work, as the only place it got a few of us going was to another guild.

If they don't get rid of the problem children now, it will cause them problems later far far worse.
Zanchief

Post by Zanchief »

All you bitches better run me through ZF ST and Maraudon for loots loots loots!
User avatar
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training
Posts: 2379
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 am

Post by Insanityfair »

For you? Naaaaah....... :wink:
Zanchief

Post by Zanchief »

You're gonna turn down ZF loots?
User avatar
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training
Posts: 2379
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 am

Post by Insanityfair »

/ponder...


That is...tempting.....
xaoshaen
NT Veteran
NT Veteran
Posts: 1378
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:00 am

Post by xaoshaen »

Zanchief wrote:You're gonna turn down ZF loots?


Hey Zan, drop me a line in game sometime. I'm spending most of my WoW time back on Whisperwind as either Fhtagn or Shoggoth. Managed to contact Glic and Dersid so far...
Zanchief

Post by Zanchief »

I'm playing Zanchief. Rogue, 43 right now.
User avatar
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess
Posts: 7161
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by Darcler »

Taxx wrote:Darcler the game is so pathetically easy to level that theres no real reason to join a "low level guild". You're just going to get outleveled again anyways.


Fuck you haha
User avatar
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron
Posts: 15193
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: In the closet with the ghosts

Post by The Kizzy »

Darcler, if you will be nice to me I will log on tomorrow night and play the druid cow.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead


Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
User avatar
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess
Posts: 7161
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by Darcler »

tomorrow...tomorrow... I think I'll be home tomorrow. It's a date!
User avatar
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron
Posts: 15193
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: In the closet with the ghosts

Post by The Kizzy »

Well, you had better put out, or I am not wasting my time.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead


Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
User avatar
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess
Posts: 7161
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by Darcler »

Oh wait...I'm uh...washing my hair or something that night...so we have to cancel.


It's Wednesday. That's the night my parents feed me. I'll be gone until 10 or so, but if you are on that late we can do something.
Post Reply