I found this story very unpleasant

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Post Reply
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:34 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Griever »

This ruined my day.
recks
NT Froglok
NT Froglok
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:13 pm

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by recks »

If life was fair they would do the same to him
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 7818
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Contact:

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by araby »

I want to take a jab at this one, because only one thing I've read recently could point to a thread title like this...

Is this about the dog that they starved for art?

My roommate sent me this the other day and I was pretty upset afterward.
Image
User avatar
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller
Posts: 3282
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:43 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Eziekial »

No. It's a dog in a dryer that dies because the drunk owner put her in to teach a lesson and he fell asleep. What kind of moron puts a dog in a dryer to teach a lesson? All your clothes will smell like dog after you dry them.

Also, what does starving dogs have to do with art?
User avatar
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad
Posts: 11962
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:46 am
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Martrae »

Not dryer....washing machine.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 7818
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Contact:

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by araby »

Image
User avatar
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Minrott »

What the fuck is that about. My sound doesn't work. I don't think I want to hear it anyway.
Molon Labe
User avatar
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard
Posts: 9861
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:22 am
Location: Westwood, California
Contact:

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by 10sun »

Brown dog taste best, not black.
User avatar
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller
Posts: 3282
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:43 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Eziekial »

Poodle is delicious.
User avatar
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran
Posts: 1802
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:55 am
Location: Penang, Malaysia

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Markarado »

Have any of you ever tried dog? I've had it a couple of times. Once in China.... a nice spicey dish with rice.. was pretty good! The other time I tried it was when my friend brought back a bag of dried dog meat back from China to Malaysia after summer break. That shit was kinda nasty.
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew
Posts: 13142
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: 402

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by brinstar »

i live in malaysia
compost the rich
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron
Posts: 12490
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:21 pm

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Tossica »

In the words of my aunt Ok Yi (RIP) from South Korea.

"Big dog eat, little dog keep"
User avatar
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 8902
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Drem »

it was this part " Police photographs taken in Glazzard's kitchen, in Lye in Stourbridge, show bite marks made by Maisie in the drum of the machine. "

fucked up :/
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 9103
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:14 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Jay »

Both the "artist" and this Glazzard guy are fucked up. Poor dog drowning and suffering trauma at the same time =\

And that artist needs to kill himself if he thinks that's remotely artistic. Along with all the people that went to his exhibit and ignored that.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
User avatar
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 8902
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Drem »

Jay wrote:Both the "artist" and this Glazzard guy are fucked up. Poor dog drowning and suffering trauma at the same time =\

And that artist needs to kill himself if he thinks that's remotely artistic. Along with all the people that went to his exhibit and ignored that.


yeah FFS

that is not art
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 7818
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Contact:

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by araby »

There's a petition linked to the site, or somewhere online to prevent them from doing it...
Image
User avatar
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 8902
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: I found this story very unpleasant

Post by Drem »

actually it's already resolved. she admitted it was all bullshit and Yale banned the exhibit. it was supposed to go on display over a week ago i think

then i read an op-ed on the Yale site about it (still don't get how people can take her side) and my favorite reply was:


someone wrote:#11 By (Anonymous) 9:52am on April 23, 2008

And as long as art takes that stand, that it's allowed to do anything it wants without having to care about the consequences because it's "different," it will continue to be the outcast of modern society.

Perhaps we're all better off that way, actually...


so true
Post Reply