SOE / PSN services resuming
Moderator: Dictators in Training
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Uncharted makes my dick hard. I can't wait for 3.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Spazz wrote:I really like my ps3 but I play most games solo or with a friend or 2 at most. Maybe xbox has better online play but thats not really my thing![]()
I also really hate the xbox controller.
As far as controllers, I have to give the edge to MS. I love the 360 controller.
I think they're a wash, although I like free multi player on the PS3. I also use my Bluray for my Netflix. I love Uncharted, but I also love Gears of War, and I'm waiting for 3...
I hope the Steam on PSN stuff takes off. There's a lot of potential there. I think the big 360 selling point is Xbox Live was so much easier and tuned for the kiddie (teenager) market. I just hate giving MS money to use my fucking internet...
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
– C. S. Lewis
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
I have both. I mostly play my PS3 but I've been getting most new games for XBox now because a lot of games seem optimized that way and I've been hitting some older titles I never played before I got it. Truth be told, it doesn't make a difference. I think most of us don't have 40 hours a week to play video games anymore so there's something incredible play on either platform, whether it's a cross platform title one of the few exclusives. Time is always the limiting factor in my game, not library of titles.
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
i really still prefer the dual shock controller to the xbox one
not much will ever touch the nes max though
not much will ever touch the nes max though
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Jay wrote:While I do prefer my XBox over my PS3, I will say that Uncharted and MGS4 wtfpwn everything that has ever been on XBox.
alan wake and assassin's creed are more fun to me than uncharted or metal gear solid (they still make MGS games?)
uncharted climbing is interesting but ultimately linear. assassin's creed is all about the parkour/freerunning. and brotherhood multiplayer wtfpwns anything you get to do in uncharted imo
so to each their own!
none of this matters tho, because statistically-speaking, wii is the #1 console
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Tikker wrote:nes max
you fucking scrub
NES original controller 4lyfe
compost the rich
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Drem wrote:none of this matters tho, because statistically-speaking, wii is the #1 console
Out of the 100million or however many Wii's were sold, I estimate 90% of them sitting collecting dust.
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
i hope so, they suck ass
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
great concept killed by substandard graphics and outdated aversion to adult-oriented games
compost the rich
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Meh, it was an expensive gimmick that lost its appeal after a few weeks. Tops.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Real gamers don't take Nintendo seriously anymore. I may pick up a DS to play some older Dragon Quest games, time permitting, but the Wii has no appeal for me.
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
brinstar wrote:Tikker wrote:nes max
you fucking scrub
NES original controller 4lyfe
i still have an nes max. those things were only good for weighing down the A button to buy potions in final fantasy. that circular dpad thing was fuckin horrible
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Nope
Best joy stick of all time
I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments
Best joy stick of all time
I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
The reason Wii is successful is the vast majority of people are not real gamers. Although I think the word you are looking for there is 'casual', since most people play some sort of game and are quite real.
Unlike Sony or MS, Nintendo also has been making money on their console from day 1, and did not have the RROD or PSN issues. If not for the RROD, Wii sales might be triple the 360 instead of just double.
Anyone with little kids loves the Wii, since it's tailor made for them. Likewise, I see older people who use the Wii often. Again, different demographic.
I don't quite get the Wii hate. Then again, I don't get the ipad hate. Both will keep selling, and do what they do quite well.
Unlike Sony or MS, Nintendo also has been making money on their console from day 1, and did not have the RROD or PSN issues. If not for the RROD, Wii sales might be triple the 360 instead of just double.
Anyone with little kids loves the Wii, since it's tailor made for them. Likewise, I see older people who use the Wii often. Again, different demographic.
I don't quite get the Wii hate. Then again, I don't get the ipad hate. Both will keep selling, and do what they do quite well.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
– C. S. Lewis
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
i don't think there's a lot of iPad hate
just people pointing out that a couple million sold is peanuts compared to the number of pc laptops sold
most of the mac fanbois like to spout numbers that the ipad sales are killing pc
they're not
apple is still a niche player in the personal computer marketplace
just people pointing out that a couple million sold is peanuts compared to the number of pc laptops sold
most of the mac fanbois like to spout numbers that the ipad sales are killing pc
they're not
apple is still a niche player in the personal computer marketplace
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Tikker wrote:Nope
Best joy stick of all time
I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments
max pad is whack. sounds like a tamp-on
i couldn't ever use the middle red thing that slid around, that was annoying. always ended up just using the black outer circle
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
I don't hate the iPad. If I was more irresponsible with my money I'd buy one. I just think it's a crap platform for games, and the best stuff on it are like third tear console games.
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
It's apparently happened yet again.
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2011- ... each_n.htm
http://boingboing.net/2011/06/02/sony-h ... in-1m.html
http://www.informationweek.com/news/sec ... /229900111
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2011- ... each_n.htm
http://boingboing.net/2011/06/02/sony-h ... in-1m.html
http://www.informationweek.com/news/sec ... /229900111
"It is very simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple." - Rabindranath Tagore
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Tikker wrote:Nope
Best joy stick of all time
I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments
heh maybe if you weren't such a bitch your thumb could HANDLE a tsb tournament
compost the rich
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Tikker wrote:i don't think there's a lot of iPad hate
just people pointing out that a couple million sold is peanuts compared to the number of pc laptops sold
apple is still a niche player in the personal computer marketplace
The thing you are missing is tablets are eating huge market share from PCs. Also, Apple controls the market for buying applications for those devices, unlike MS. People are replacing their PCs with ipads. They are also using the itunes store spending money which adds to Apple's revenue.
In the first quarter of 2011 PC shipments were down 20 percent at 9.7 million from the same quarter in 2010. Tablet shipments were an estimated 6.4 million in the same quarter. It's why MS is rushing out Windows 8 to try and counter the ipad, similar to what they did with their joke of a phone that has been wtfpwned by the iphone. Hardly niche.
It's also why Apple is valued more than MS right now.
http://gigaom.com/apple/apple-overtakes ... -of-an-era.
Apple, for a long time, was the David to Microsoft’s Goliath. It was a dynamic that suited Apple, as the company used its underdog status to attract customers who saw themselves as different and apart from the mainstream. It was the iPod that first signaled a change in this arrangement.
The iPod dominated. It became synonymous with “MP3 player” in the mind of the buying public. And that would start in motion the rise of Apple into the tech giant it is today. A tech giant, might I add, that as of yesterday is worth more in terms of market value than Microsoft.
At the close of Wednesday’s trading, Apple was valued at $222 billion, while Microsoft was worth $219 billion. Apple’s shares ended the day at $244.11, while Microsoft’s finished at a seven-month low of $25.01. And it isn’t only Cupertino’s successes, but also Redmond’s failures that are responsible for the new power dynamic between the two companies. Overall, Microsoft stock is down 20 percent compared to 10 years ago, while the value of Apple’s has grown tenfold over the same period.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
– C. S. Lewis
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
I think MS is pretty safe for now with what, a billion computers running their OS? The IPad is in no position to take over the PC. It's a gadget.
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
brinstar wrote:Tikker wrote:Nope
Best joy stick of all time
I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments
heh maybe if you weren't such a bitch your thumb could HANDLE a tsb tournament
Ok
Nestopia emulator
Tecmo superbowl over the Internet
You will get raped
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
A simple question Toss: Why is Apple's market cap <value> higher than Microsofts?
Likewise, why is Apple making more money than MS, with projections for the gap to widen?
As of today people prefer smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices over PCs. The ipad will continue to own the tablet market and it'll grow faster and eat more PC marketshare.
Likewise, why is Apple making more money than MS, with projections for the gap to widen?
As of today people prefer smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices over PCs. The ipad will continue to own the tablet market and it'll grow faster and eat more PC marketshare.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
– C. S. Lewis
- 10sun
- NT Drunkard

- Posts: 9861
- Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:22 am
- Location: Westwood, California
- Contact:
Re: SOE / PSN services resuming
Most businesses that I know of use laptops & desktops augmented with gadgetry... but the gadgetry isn't replacing shit. I only know one person who now uses a gadget without a PC: my mother & she is constantly asking people to do shit for her b/c her iPad doesn't have the necessary functions.
I certainly don't prefer not using my laptop; quite frankly the laptop fits well into my bag & has 3G connectivity with an 8 hour battery life & a screen large enough for it be shown around a conference table.
-Adam
I certainly don't prefer not using my laptop; quite frankly the laptop fits well into my bag & has 3G connectivity with an 8 hour battery life & a screen large enough for it be shown around a conference table.
-Adam






