SOE / PSN services resuming

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

User avatar
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 20323
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:13 am
Location: New Bedford, MA

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Harrison »

Uncharted makes my dick hard. I can't wait for 3.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
User avatar
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Lyion »

Spazz wrote:I really like my ps3 but I play most games solo or with a friend or 2 at most. Maybe xbox has better online play but thats not really my thing :dunno:

I also really hate the xbox controller.


As far as controllers, I have to give the edge to MS. I love the 360 controller.

I think they're a wash, although I like free multi player on the PS3. I also use my Bluray for my Netflix. I love Uncharted, but I also love Gears of War, and I'm waiting for 3...

I hope the Steam on PSN stuff takes off. There's a lot of potential there. I think the big 360 selling point is Xbox Live was so much easier and tuned for the kiddie (teenager) market. I just hate giving MS money to use my fucking internet...
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo
Posts: 14532
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:31 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Zanchief »

I have both. I mostly play my PS3 but I've been getting most new games for XBox now because a lot of games seem optimized that way and I've been hitting some older titles I never played before I got it. Truth be told, it doesn't make a difference. I think most of us don't have 40 hours a week to play video games anymore so there's something incredible play on either platform, whether it's a cross platform title one of the few exclusives. Time is always the limiting factor in my game, not library of titles.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 14294
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:22 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Tikker »

i really still prefer the dual shock controller to the xbox one

not much will ever touch the nes max though
User avatar
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 8902
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Drem »

Jay wrote:While I do prefer my XBox over my PS3, I will say that Uncharted and MGS4 wtfpwn everything that has ever been on XBox.


alan wake and assassin's creed are more fun to me than uncharted or metal gear solid (they still make MGS games?)

uncharted climbing is interesting but ultimately linear. assassin's creed is all about the parkour/freerunning. and brotherhood multiplayer wtfpwns anything you get to do in uncharted imo

so to each their own!

none of this matters tho, because statistically-speaking, wii is the #1 console
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew
Posts: 13142
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: 402

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by brinstar »

Tikker wrote:nes max


you fucking scrub

NES original controller 4lyfe
compost the rich
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron
Posts: 12490
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:21 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Tossica »

Drem wrote:none of this matters tho, because statistically-speaking, wii is the #1 console



Out of the 100million or however many Wii's were sold, I estimate 90% of them sitting collecting dust.
User avatar
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 8902
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Drem »

i hope so, they suck ass
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew
Posts: 13142
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: 402

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by brinstar »

great concept killed by substandard graphics and outdated aversion to adult-oriented games
compost the rich
User avatar
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 20323
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:13 am
Location: New Bedford, MA

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Harrison »

Meh, it was an expensive gimmick that lost its appeal after a few weeks. Tops.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo
Posts: 14532
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:31 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Zanchief »

Real gamers don't take Nintendo seriously anymore. I may pick up a DS to play some older Dragon Quest games, time permitting, but the Wii has no appeal for me.
User avatar
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 8902
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Drem »

brinstar wrote:
Tikker wrote:nes max


you fucking scrub

NES original controller 4lyfe


i still have an nes max. those things were only good for weighing down the A button to buy potions in final fantasy. that circular dpad thing was fuckin horrible
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 14294
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:22 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Tikker »

Nope

Best joy stick of all time

I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments
User avatar
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Lyion »

The reason Wii is successful is the vast majority of people are not real gamers. Although I think the word you are looking for there is 'casual', since most people play some sort of game and are quite real.

Unlike Sony or MS, Nintendo also has been making money on their console from day 1, and did not have the RROD or PSN issues. If not for the RROD, Wii sales might be triple the 360 instead of just double.

Anyone with little kids loves the Wii, since it's tailor made for them. Likewise, I see older people who use the Wii often. Again, different demographic.
I don't quite get the Wii hate. Then again, I don't get the ipad hate. Both will keep selling, and do what they do quite well.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 14294
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:22 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Tikker »

i don't think there's a lot of iPad hate

just people pointing out that a couple million sold is peanuts compared to the number of pc laptops sold


most of the mac fanbois like to spout numbers that the ipad sales are killing pc

they're not

apple is still a niche player in the personal computer marketplace
User avatar
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho
Posts: 8902
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Drem »

Tikker wrote:Nope

Best joy stick of all time

I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments


max pad is whack. sounds like a tamp-on

i couldn't ever use the middle red thing that slid around, that was annoying. always ended up just using the black outer circle
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo
Posts: 14532
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:31 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Zanchief »

I don't hate the iPad. If I was more irresponsible with my money I'd buy one. I just think it's a crap platform for games, and the best stuff on it are like third tear console games.
User avatar
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Menelvir »

"It is very simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple." - Rabindranath Tagore
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron
Posts: 12490
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:21 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Tossica »

Yay.
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew
Posts: 13142
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: 402

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by brinstar »

Tikker wrote:Nope

Best joy stick of all time

I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments


heh maybe if you weren't such a bitch your thumb could HANDLE a tsb tournament
compost the rich
User avatar
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Lyion »

Tikker wrote:i don't think there's a lot of iPad hate

just people pointing out that a couple million sold is peanuts compared to the number of pc laptops sold

apple is still a niche player in the personal computer marketplace


The thing you are missing is tablets are eating huge market share from PCs. Also, Apple controls the market for buying applications for those devices, unlike MS. People are replacing their PCs with ipads. They are also using the itunes store spending money which adds to Apple's revenue.

In the first quarter of 2011 PC shipments were down 20 percent at 9.7 million from the same quarter in 2010. Tablet shipments were an estimated 6.4 million in the same quarter. It's why MS is rushing out Windows 8 to try and counter the ipad, similar to what they did with their joke of a phone that has been wtfpwned by the iphone. Hardly niche.

It's also why Apple is valued more than MS right now.

http://gigaom.com/apple/apple-overtakes ... -of-an-era.

Apple, for a long time, was the David to Microsoft’s Goliath. It was a dynamic that suited Apple, as the company used its underdog status to attract customers who saw themselves as different and apart from the mainstream. It was the iPod that first signaled a change in this arrangement.

The iPod dominated. It became synonymous with “MP3 player” in the mind of the buying public. And that would start in motion the rise of Apple into the tech giant it is today. A tech giant, might I add, that as of yesterday is worth more in terms of market value than Microsoft.

At the close of Wednesday’s trading, Apple was valued at $222 billion, while Microsoft was worth $219 billion. Apple’s shares ended the day at $244.11, while Microsoft’s finished at a seven-month low of $25.01. And it isn’t only Cupertino’s successes, but also Redmond’s failures that are responsible for the new power dynamic between the two companies. Overall, Microsoft stock is down 20 percent compared to 10 years ago, while the value of Apple’s has grown tenfold over the same period.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron
Posts: 12490
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:21 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Tossica »

I think MS is pretty safe for now with what, a billion computers running their OS? The IPad is in no position to take over the PC. It's a gadget.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend
Posts: 14294
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:22 pm

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Tikker »

brinstar wrote:
Tikker wrote:Nope

Best joy stick of all time

I saved many a thumb in tecmo super bowl tournaments


heh maybe if you weren't such a bitch your thumb could HANDLE a tsb tournament



Ok

Nestopia emulator

Tecmo superbowl over the Internet

You will get raped
User avatar
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by Lyion »

A simple question Toss: Why is Apple's market cap <value> higher than Microsofts?

Likewise, why is Apple making more money than MS, with projections for the gap to widen?

As of today people prefer smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices over PCs. The ipad will continue to own the tablet market and it'll grow faster and eat more PC marketshare.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
User avatar
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard
Posts: 9861
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:22 am
Location: Westwood, California
Contact:

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Post by 10sun »

Most businesses that I know of use laptops & desktops augmented with gadgetry... but the gadgetry isn't replacing shit. I only know one person who now uses a gadget without a PC: my mother & she is constantly asking people to do shit for her b/c her iPad doesn't have the necessary functions.

I certainly don't prefer not using my laptop; quite frankly the laptop fits well into my bag & has 3G connectivity with an 8 hour battery life & a screen large enough for it be shown around a conference table.

-Adam
Post Reply