
new to WoW
Moderator: Dictators in Training
- kaharthemad
- NT Traveller

- Posts: 3768
- Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
- Location: Somewhere South of Disorder
- Insanityfair
- Dictator in Training

- Posts: 2379
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 am
- Darcler
- Saran Wrap Princess

- Posts: 7161
- Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 pm
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Contact:
There are still a great many people who know who Kezz is. People who were originally guilded with him are still there.
Kezz left because there were far too many casual players in a guild he wanted to make raid-heavy. At least thats what I was told.
The reason "the guild is going under" is because we are merging. I dislike merges, they never ever work out well in the end (think Infusion) and there are too many power hungry people trying to manipulate the guild in a way they see fit.
They are raiding, however, but with other people and on PUs. There sometimes just arent enough high levels on, you have jerkfaces like me in the guild for whatever reason and refuse to level up.
Kezz left because there were far too many casual players in a guild he wanted to make raid-heavy. At least thats what I was told.
The reason "the guild is going under" is because we are merging. I dislike merges, they never ever work out well in the end (think Infusion) and there are too many power hungry people trying to manipulate the guild in a way they see fit.
They are raiding, however, but with other people and on PUs. There sometimes just arent enough high levels on, you have jerkfaces like me in the guild for whatever reason and refuse to level up.
- Insanityfair
- Dictator in Training

- Posts: 2379
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 am
Darcler wrote:I cant say that or there will be another post in the officer's section of TN about the drama on NT. I'm trying to lay low and get help from people that actually want to help me, not from people who are doing it because they know I will leave.
So if I help you, you'll leave? :D
Come....to the dark side......
- kaharthemad
- NT Traveller

- Posts: 3768
- Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:47 am
- Location: Somewhere South of Disorder
Darcler wrote:I cant say that or there will be another post in the officer's section of TN about the drama on NT. I'm trying to lay low and get help from people that actually want to help me, not from people who are doing it because they know I will leave.
Melting pot guilds rarely work because the hardcore, casual, and drama types are always at odds.
This was true in EQ. It remains true in WOW.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
– C. S. Lewis
-
Zanchief
lyion wrote:Melting pot guilds rarely work because the hardcore, casual, and drama types are always at odds.
This was true in EQ. It remains true in WOW.
I told that to Kezz about 2 months before the shit hit the storm. The way our guild was put together was never a formula for success. We had too many hardcores and too many casual all asking for different things.
If you recruit odd parings of people at low lvls some of them turn into harcore players and some of em never lvl past 40. The Nameless was a great family guild, I had an awesome time in there when I did, that's why I went back with Zanchief. But it will never be a raiding guild, unless the contain becomes A LOT easier.
Just my opinion on the subject.
Taxx wrote:Have you seen Wanderers Lyion? You're wrong. Heck theres a bunch of guilds even on our server that would fit that description. I wouldn't say they "rarely" work.
No, I'm solely speaking from personal experience. I'm sure with great management, infrastructure and a selfless core of people it could work, but I think it's the exception instead of the norm. Again this is just what I've seen and it may be easier in WOW and I could be completely wrong
Zanchief wrote:If you recruit odd parings of people at low lvls some of them turn into harcore players and some of em never lvl past 40. The Nameless was a great family guild, I had an awesome time in there when I did, that's why I went back with Zanchief. But it will never be a raiding guild, unless the contain becomes A LOT easier.
Just my opinion on the subject.
Yup, exactly, although I only made it to 40 with my Nameless dude on Whisperwind.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
– C. S. Lewis
– C. S. Lewis
-
Zanchief
Taxx wrote:Have you seen Wanderers Lyion? You're wrong. Heck theres a bunch of guilds even on our server that would fit that description. I wouldn't say they "rarely" work.
They had the most hardcores from the get go Taxx and since they were so far ahead of the curve, they became a magnet for hardcore players. It only worked that way because they were 1st out of the gates, and they recruited heavily along the way.
But they still have their fair share of expendable players, they just ignore them.




